PDA

View Full Version : Need some help setting up a server please

lordelemental
2nd April 2008, 07:25
Hello, i just downloaded the dedicates server files, but im not sure what to do next, any help would be much appreciated

lordelemental
2nd April 2008, 08:03
um, what, ?

*hides*

Paegus
2nd April 2008, 14:23
check the tutorials here: http://www.srcds.com/

should be some step by step guides

lordelemental
3rd April 2008, 05:08
Thanks, i was looking for a some tuts but i could not find any, thanks again

Edit: Hey again, i got up to this step i am not sure what to do with the commands "
Now we have an account, we can start downloading the files. This can take a few hours depending on the connection the server uses.
Command(s):
hldsupdatetool -command update -game "Counter-Strike Source" -dir C:\srcds
Do not forget to replace the login values with your own. If you want to install a Half-Life 2 Deathmatch server, use "hl2mp" for the game switch.
Go get yourself a cup of coffee."

Phaedrus
3rd April 2008, 05:44
Make a directory C:\srcds and put hldsupdatetool.exe in it. Run cmd and cd C:\srcds to get to that directory. Then run:

hldsupdatetool -command update -game hl2mp -dir C:\srcds

This will download the server files. After this finishes, extract the hidden server files to C:\srcds. Make a .bat file to launch it. should look like this:

@echo off
cls
echo Protecting srcds from crashes...
echo If you want to close srcds and this script, close the srcds window and type Y depending on your language followed by Enter.
title srcds.com Watchdog
:srcds
echo (%time%) srcds started.
start /wait srcds.exe -console -game hidden -maxplayers 9 -tickrate 33 -heapsize 524288 +fps_max 600 +port 27015 +map hdn_docks +exec server.cfg
echo (%time%) WARNING: srcds closed or crashed, restarting.
goto srcds
Go check the server config post (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=8024) by Knigh7s for config options.

EDIT: if -command update doesnt work, try -command install

lordelemental
3rd April 2008, 06:54
cheers, how do i know when its finished downloading the files, it seems to just sit on "Checking bootstrapper version ...... "

Phaedrus
3rd April 2008, 14:46
When its done, it will say the installation is up to date.