PDA

View Full Version : idea for hdn map

(^) Sangheili Zealot (^)
24th February 2008, 20:54
i think an iris hangar would be a nice touch for a hdn map lots of space for hidden to move around and maybe having a couple of private jets in so hidden can overwatch the iris
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee51/Codeboy67/irishangar2.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee51/Codeboy67/irishangar.jpg

thinking the hangar will be too little or too simple maybe attach the hangar with a building or something so the map is bigger and a little more variation for the map

Paegus
24th February 2008, 22:12
hanger's a bit too open imo. the contrast/lines of the windows might counter it somewhat but i wouldn't get my hopes up.

see hdn_jungle

(^) Sangheili Zealot (^)
25th February 2008, 05:58
how bout like a hangar like this?
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee51/Codeboy67/muzhangar.jpg

BTW i never seen HDN_jungle its probl close to a copywrite if u know what u mean am i rite?:confused:

<Beatlemania>
26th February 2008, 16:31
That picture in that last post is pretty cool, it would make a good map imo. Thouugh I dont know the first thing about mapping, modeling all those planes would take forever im sure.

Zabiela
26th February 2008, 17:12
This idea requires mucho modelling. Big hurdle as far as maps go... unless you know people willing to work hard.

I wanted to make an abandoned theme park, sort of like silent hill 3, no rollercoaster models in hl2 though, or anything remotely themeparkish.

Zabiela
26th February 2008, 17:14
BTW i never seen HDN_jungle its probl close to a copywrite if u know what u mean am i rite?:confused:

I think he wants you to notice how in jungle there is a HUGE wide open space... like a football field, and it makes for all the iris camping a corner of it. Huge open hangar would have the same effect.

Cheesey
27th February 2008, 11:31
actually I've never seen a server running hdn_jungle...

lcpuche
27th February 2008, 14:53
i went in a server running it once, but all the custom textures were missing and i just got dizzy from all the pink and black checker squares.

<Beatlemania>
28th February 2008, 03:07
i went in a server running it once, but all the custom textures were missing and i just got dizzy from all the pink and black checker squares.

Hah, that happened to me before. it must of been some Counterstrike map, absolutely every texture was missing and it hurt so bad. Why do servers have the client download the map but not the texture? Aren't textures part of the map?

(^) Sangheili Zealot (^)
28th February 2008, 03:49
I think he wants you to notice how in jungle there is a HUGE wide open space... like a football field, and it makes for all the iris camping a corner of it. Huge open hangar would have the same effect.

oh ok i see what u mean but i stated at the end of my post to add a extra building to the map or something similar so the gameplay varies ect...

Demented
28th February 2008, 04:38
Aren't textures part of the map?

Textures are typically stored seperately, since it's inconvenient for every map to have its own copy of the same texture. However, servers are supposed to use a res file, that tells the server to associate certain files with each map, and distribute them accordingly.
If the server owner doesn't know about the res file, or the mapper doesn't make one, you'll end up with the map but not with the custom textures... And lots of pink polka dots.

It's possible to bspzip files inside the map, if the mapper doesn't trust server owners to use the res files properly.

Cheesey
28th February 2008, 10:15
What about the "models" and "materials" folder? Everytime I try to give a map to another computer I'm not sure if the "map.bsp"-file is the only thing to copy. Which files do I have to copy to prevent the pink polka party?

Edit: I just looked into my Filefront Account. hdn_jungle_b2 got downloaded 3 times (of 4) this week! :D

Radio Controlled
7th March 2008, 11:57
you can insert all mdl and all vtf with a tool into youre bsp file

but i forgot the name^^

im sorry

clickedy click (www.googel.de)

-SM-SUCKER
7th March 2008, 19:50
clickedy click (www.googel.de)
:D :D :D GOOGEL :D :D :D
------------->^^

Radio Controlled
7th March 2008, 20:08
what ever u did taken..

I WANT THE SAME :D

brechtos
12th March 2008, 10:32
Still have that folder with bsp with the custom content included:o
Forgot all about it:o

Demented
12th March 2008, 11:17
What about the "models" and "materials" folder? Everytime I try to give a map to another computer I'm not sure if the "map.bsp"-file is the only thing to copy. Which files do I have to copy to prevent the pink polka party?

There's no easy way to find out, that I know of.
Copying it over, then looking in the console for missing material errors is the only universal way.

Cheesey
12th March 2008, 13:29
Thanks Demented! I worried about it...

So lets hope all mappers include their content into the bsp! :)

Radio Controlled
12th March 2008, 14:45
youse the tool MAN or Pakrat

with these tools you can include missing mdl, vtf, sounds

its a bit tricky but should work (like in my map hdn_contruct ;) )