PDA

View Full Version : Motd

Diablodoc
8th February 2008, 22:41
I know MOTD's are written in HTML, so I wrote one. The problem is, it's not showing up.

Could anyone make this work for me, or even tell me how to do it? I have something alike this code inside the MOTD:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
<title>Hidden Source MOTD</title>
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Created by BlueVoda">
</head>
<body bgcolor="#000000" text="#000000" alink="#0000FF">
<div id="bv_" style="position:absolute;left:331px;top:65px;width:260px; height:38px;z-index:0" align="center">
<button id="AdvancedButton1" type="button" name="AdvancedButton1" style="width:260px;height:38px;background-color:#000000"><p><font style="font-size:16px;BACKGROUND-COLOR:#000000" color="#FF0000" face="Arial"><b>Area 617 Dedicated</b></font></p></button></div>
<div id="bv_" style="position:absolute;left:25px;top:38px;width:876px;h eight:546px;z-index:1" align="left">
<table width="100&#37;" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" id="Table1">
<tr>
<td align="left" valign="top" width="290" height="180"><font style="font-size:13px" color="#FF0000" face="Arial">Dedicated Server - Hidden: Source</font></td>
<td align="center" valign="top" width="290" height="180"><font style="font-size:13px" color="#FF0000" face="Arial"><br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
Welcome to the game!</font></td>
<td align="center" valign="top" width="290" height="180"><font style="font-size:13px" color="#FF0000" face="Arial">Version: Beta 4B</font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="left" valign="top" width="290" height="180"><font style="font-size:13px" color="#FF0000" face="Arial">Rules:<br>
<br>
* Be nice<br>
* Have fun</font></td>
<td align="left" valign="top" width="290" height="180"><font style="font-size:13px" color="#FF0000" face="Arial">If you have any suggestions, suggest them to Diablodoc :)</font></td>
<td align="left" valign="top" width="290" height="180"><font style="font-size:13px" color="#FF0000" face="Arial">Admins:<br>
<br>
* Diablodoc</font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td align="left" valign="top" width="290" height="180"><font style="font-size:13px" color="#FF0000" face="Arial">Installed extras:<br>
<br>
* Mani Admin Plugin (Coming soon!)</font></td>
<td align="center" valign="top" width="290" height="180"><font style="font-size:13px" color="#FF0000" face="Arial">If you wanna apply as admin, please refer to Diablodoc ;)</font></td>
<td align="left" valign="top" width="290" height="180"><font style="font-size:16px" color="#FFAD5B" face="Times New Roman">Please report any problems with the game on the game forums - <br>
</font><font style="font-size:16px" color="#0000FF" face="Times New Roman"><u>http://forum.hidden-source.com/</font><font style="font-size:16px" color="#000000" face="Times New Roman"></u><br>
</font><font style="font-size:13px" color="#000000" face="Arial"><br>
</font><font style="font-size:13px" color="#FF0000" face="Arial">The server will be posted there.</font></td>
</tr>
</table></div>
</body>
</html>

( Copy the code, put it in a .txt file and save it as .htm, open it and you'll see the result in a normal browser )

I need to have this code changed to work with the MOTD. Right now, the MOTD shows nothing, not even a black background.

Paegus
9th February 2008, 17:19
file's probably too big. they don't show up if they're over 2kb or so...

if you simply MUST have a bigger file set an http-equiv refresh redirector to an actual online page instead.

or just chop down the non-required bits. it uses a stripped down (no java) IEx and you can be lazy and not bother with line formatting/indentation, </td> and the like...

like so...

<html>
<head>
<style type="text/css">
body
{
background-color:#330405;
background-image:url(http://www.primefarm.co.uk/stuffs/paegusbg.jpg);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:center;
background-attachment:fixed;
margin:0px
}
table
{
border-spacing:0px;
border-collapse:separate;
empty-cells:hide
}
td
{
font-family:verdana;
font-size:75&#37;;
color:white
}
ul
{
list-style-position:inside;
position:relative;
left:-40px
}
li
{
position:relative;
left:10px
}
a
{
text-decoration:underline;
color:white
}
a:hover
{
color:red
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<table width=100% height=99%>
<tr>
<td colspan=3>
<tr>
<td>
<td width=478>
<p>Welcome to Clandestine Cake, a Hidden:Source Beta 4b2 server hosted by Primefarms. Further details available <a href="http://forum.hidden-source.com/showpost.php?p=126124&postcount=13">here</a>.</p>
<table width=100%><tr><td width=48% align=center><h4>PIGSTICK: DISABLED
<td><td width=48% align=center><h4>SELECTION: ACCUMULATED
<tr><td>If you just want to own the pants off people, triple slash, nade or phys them.
<td><td>The more damage you do the more likely you are to get Hidden. Your points acrew across rounds.
</table>
<ul>Do:
<li>make people need to change their undies
<li>taunt the living. Especially as hidden. Sounds optional
<li>waste ammo on air, I mean they're only bullets right?
<li>forgive team kills when the hidden was knifing you
</ul>
<ul>Don't:
<li>cheat or exploit map and engine defects
<li>maliciously team kill or wound
<li>use racial slurs or insults
<li>be a prat/rank whore/llama
<li>ignore your admins
</ul>
<ul>Modifications:
<li>Mirror Damage: 66% team-damage reflection. more at spawn time
<li>Carry The 1: Carries weight points over to next round.
<li>PvP: Physics vs Pistols: For those knifeless fights
</ul>
<td>
<tr>
<td colspan=3>
</table>
</body>
</html>

Genre
14th February 2008, 15:28
MOTDs also have a character limit apparently, and this includes code. I don't remember the number, i found it on google somewhere so I'm sure you could too.