PDA

View Full Version : 2 Suggestions.

Genre
24th December 2007, 06:01
My apologies if these were covered already, search didn't come up with anything completely related.

First, the "Report In" radio command is pretty useless right now, as it doesn't really do much for you unless there's a teammate within radar range. Why not add an icon on the hud that is displayed saying "Yes, there are more players still living". Something like an exclamation point or an IRIS head, something that could represent a player. At first I thought there could be different icons displayed depending on the number of other players alive, but then I thought, "It's better not to know exactly how many are left".

Scenario 1: Two players are alive, each on opposite sides of the map, for whatever reason. Player1 hits "Report in" and sees beside his health, the icon indicating that he is not alone. This could allow for a possible regrouping, and promote some teamplay; working together to kill 617.

Scenario 2: One player is alive, hits "Report in" and gets no response. This increases some of the fear the game tries to provoke. "Shit, I'm all alone and I didn't even notice the last few people go down. I should watch out."

Second suggestion: Disregard this, it's been solved.

Paegus
24th December 2007, 10:33
irc if you don't let go of the crouch key you wont disengage from the wall.

Genre
24th December 2007, 15:07
I'll have to try it out again just to make sure then.

Demented
24th December 2007, 21:10
But you also have to keep holding the pounce button.

Essentially, crouching does knock you off, but holding the pounce button makes you cling on the very same tick.

Genre
25th December 2007, 00:27
Oh, i didn't know about holding the pounce. Thanks, I'll edit that out.

Paegus
25th December 2007, 12:43
knew i was forgetting something... too much of habit i guess. i think there's also a slight bug associated with the whole thing but wont go into the details.

Genre
25th December 2007, 17:02
That's fine.

How about feedback on my first suggestion? Good/bad, usefull/useless?

TheOtherDante
27th December 2007, 13:28
i think its useful.

no news is good news in some cases.

Ging
27th December 2007, 13:53
Report in (should at least) trigger all living IRIS members to also automatically say "reporting in" via the chat box. That might be broken right now, but a lot of that is getting an overhaul, so it's a bit of a moot point.

Dante - generally, in a suggestions thread, no news from me is bad news.

TheOtherDante
27th December 2007, 15:15
well you got me there, "True Nuff":)

Genre
27th December 2007, 19:57
Report in (should at least) trigger all living IRIS members to also automatically say "reporting in" via the chat box. That might be broken right now, but a lot of that is getting an overhaul, so it's a bit of a moot point.

Dante - generally, in a suggestions thread, no news from me is bad news.

Ah, okay. This is good to hear! I still think it would be better to not know the exact number of living players with you, but knowing that this will be fixed is relieving.