PDA

View Full Version : Pounce Horizontally

MasterEvilAce
20th December 2007, 21:39
Pounce shouldn't make you grab onto the ground. It should allow you to run or slide across the grounder faster. I hate trying to pounce not directly up, but more horizontally, and basically i hit pounce and the ground just "grabs" me and i stop.

Paegus
20th December 2007, 22:27
you only need to look up wee bit to get a clean pounce. 1º is enough but 45º should give you the longest range.

Ging
21st December 2007, 00:02
Pounce shouldn't make you grab onto the ground. It should allow you to run or slide across the grounder faster.

As Paegus said, you don't need to aim up by much to get a fair amount of horizontal movement, but you do need to look up a bit to get off the ground. The pounce is, after all, a pouncing movement which tends to include some vertical movement.

Daedalus
21st December 2007, 08:03
It's the way the source engine works with the pounce. Just aim higher, you'll make it a habit in no time.

Cheesey
21st December 2007, 08:38
It's also the way physic works. If you want to jump forward, you also have to jump high too, that's because of the gravity. And pouncing is a stronger jumping, cause 617 is a strong young man...