PDA

View Full Version : Wepon pickup

Vfef
6th December 2007, 09:27
Well if someone has already posted such please discard this post.

I have found myself running out of ammo and my team member has died with almost a full clip. Shouldn't there be a way to throw away your gun and grab theres? If you were really out of ammo and you saw a fully loaded gun on the ground I think you would grab for it and use it. And Not have a empty gun and run around and hope to survive till backup. Im not suggesting in anyway that you add weapons to the map that would be totally against the storyline. Seeing how they just left the Lab to go hunt down a rouge Invisible multi million dollar experiment thats gone psycho.

Well Theres my 2 cents worth on this subject.

Paegus
6th December 2007, 11:40
walk over their gun.

Cheesey
6th December 2007, 12:37
I think he means if it's not the same gun. Like he uses the F2000 and there is a 303 lying on the ground. It would be nice if you could at least throw your weapon and get the other one.

In fact, that would add a lil more tactic, cause 617 can grab the guns and throw them away, so there could be the reason why he should do so ;)

Mart Ini
6th December 2007, 13:28
That last bit would be fun: 1 Iris throws his own gun. The hidden is seeing this, pounces towards him and picks up the rifle the iris wants and throws it away. This obviously resulting in a good old panic for the Iris member!

Cheesey
6th December 2007, 13:33
That last bit would be fun: 1 Iris throws his own gun. The hidden is seeing this, pounces towards him and picks up the rifle the iris wants and throws it away. This obviously resulting in a good old panic for the Iris member!

That's my point! :D

Mart Ini
6th December 2007, 18:01
I just thought of this. I know it is far fetched but he! I don't know if it's even doable. I thought it would be funny if the hidden can take out the ammo clips of guns that are laying around. Let your imagination do the rest.

Ra1n
6th December 2007, 19:02
In fact, that would add a lil more tactic, cause 617 can grab the guns and throw them away, so there could be the reason why he should do so ;)

I personaly hate the weapon pickup while being hidden. Afaik they do no damage when you throw them and if i try to get a corpse to feed from in 5 of 10 cases i grab the fucking weapon ... its so annoying!

Pipsicles
6th December 2007, 20:13
I think the pickup and changing primary weapon would have to take at least 3-5 seconds, so you can't just camp ontop of a shotgun with an assault rifle in hand. And in real life it takes that amount of time, especially when you need to check the ammo.

Mart Ini
7th December 2007, 10:23
I agree with that. Otherwise it would be really fast like unreal tourny.

Demented
7th December 2007, 10:48
I think the idea of checking the body for the ammo would've worked out best. That way the ammo doesn't come with the weapon, so the DM-fast pickup would be rather justified, and yet also penalized. There's always the possibility of finding ammo for your own weapon on a body as well, even if he wasn't using your type of weapon.

Finally, it adds a new form of routine for dead bodies:
Find the body.
Secure it (defend it from the hidden).
Check it (grab the ammo/equip).
Tag it (identifies as dead on the radar).

I can't imagine a way of fixing the problem with the Hidden picking them up accidentally/throwing weapons for no damage.

Cheesey
7th December 2007, 11:19
I think the pickup and changing primary weapon would have to take at least 3-5 seconds, so you can't just camp ontop of a shotgun with an assault rifle in hand. And in real life it takes that amount of time, especially when you need to check the ammo.

Yep! That would also be necessary. A little drop-and-take animation would fill the time ;).

Vfef
7th December 2007, 22:17
Well For the Weapons being thrown and not doing any damage. Couldn't you Just add weight or something to make them do damage. *I know nothing about this so uhh* It could also open a new type of Game play like *I'm shooting from the hip here guys* Defend the body or something along thos lines.

Sorry for not quoting :(

Demented
7th December 2007, 22:33
Weapons and items don't collide with players because players are expected to be running over them constantly.

That, and the tendency of players to pick up items you throw at them...
There's no convenient way to fix that.
So it's just a matter of deciding what inconvenience is most favorable.

Paegus
8th December 2007, 09:09
i say the player should have to +use the weapon/ammo pack in order to pick it up. that way the hidden can grab them and use them to bludgeon then occasionally unwitting victim.

if you +use the gun/pack fast enough you grab it. if you can use the ammo stores inside great, it not you just drop it instantly.