PDA

View Full Version : invisible

7SEALS
3rd December 2007, 09:47
Hello mod devs/testers/whoever reads this.... Well, why is it that some people are almost 100% invisible when being the hidden, and some are almost COMPLETELY visible when being the hidden? You guys have an awesome concept going on here, but it seems buggy. I have read what others have previously posted about other things they want into the game, but you guys seem to turn them down with a "this is our mod, we do what WE want" sort of attitude. My 2 cents, fix the invisibility. Its getting very old, very fast. The mod was cool when I first downloaded it. Now I want to get a little more competitive, but realized, how can I do that when some people you can't see, and others are clear as day?

Ging
3rd December 2007, 10:06
That's not "buggy", that's down to the skill level of the person playing as the hidden - if they know what they're doing, than you will struggle to see them. Visibility doesn't change depending on who's playing as 617, it's controlled at the client side (ie, at your machine) and varies across dx levels.

Movement has a fairly large bit to play, as does the texture behind the refraction; something with lines in - like the wallpaper in derelict - makes him quite easy to spot.

I have read what others have previously posted about other things they want into the game, but you guys seem to turn them down with a "this is our mod, we do what WE want" sort of attitude.

That'd be because it is our mod and we've been thinking about it for ages, so we know what works within the game world and what doesn't.

7SEALS
3rd December 2007, 10:57
its definitely doesn't depend on movement speed. Some people I can see crouched and barley walking across the map. Others are jumping around like a jack rabbit in my face, mashing the pounce key like its giving them free money, and I can't see them worth a crapppp.

TheOtherDante
3rd December 2007, 14:36
i think ive played agianst you seals, you seem like a fiarly good player and not someone who i would normally see complaining about the "visiablity" of the hidden. i say this alot in game to newcomers, "a good rule to go by when your the hidden is to always assume the I.R.I.S. can see you". All that means is stay out of the I.R.I.S. line of sight in general.

Ging
3rd December 2007, 15:35
its definitely doesn't depend on movement speed.

That's right, I forgot, I don't know anything about the mod I made...

Euphoria
3rd December 2007, 16:17
its definitely doesn't depend on movement speed.

Some people I can see crouched and barley walking across the map.
Generally, you can see a hidden easier from a distance,

Others are jumping around like a jack rabbit in my face
and up close the hidden is harder to see

There you go :). But movement speed does affect it as well..

7SEALS
3rd December 2007, 21:37
i think ive played agianst you seals, you seem like a fiarly good player and not someone who i would normally see complaining about the "visiablity" of the hidden. i say this alot in game to newcomers, "a good rule to go by when your the hidden is to always assume the I.R.I.S. can see you". All that means is stay out of the I.R.I.S. line of sight in general.
I know, I can understand that, but some people I swear I can't see. And yes, it its your mod, but whose to say the coding is 100% correct?

Demented
3rd December 2007, 21:49
its definitely doesn't depend on movement speed. Some people I can see crouched and barley walking across the map. Others are jumping around like a jack rabbit in my face, mashing the pounce key like its giving them free money, and I can't see them worth a crapppp.

You've got it backwards.

The faster they are, the harder it is to see them.

Whereas the slow hidden is in relatively the same spot over 12 frames, the fast hidden is all across your screen in that much time. So unless you have a very high framerate and very fast reflexes and very good peripheral vision, they're much harder to track and much harder to recognize. Not to mention, more skilled players are more likely to be attacking you from angles you can't see. Since they're barely visible anyway, you don't know whether they're behind you or not, so you might think they're more difficult to see when they're really not visible at all.

Genre
3rd December 2007, 21:53
You've got it backwards.

Not to mention, more skilled players are more likely to be attacking you from angles you can't see. Since they're barely visible anyway, you don't know whether they're behind you or not, so you might think they're in front of you but more difficult to see.

I agree with this 100%. A skilled hidden player knows not to sit in the IRIS' face and wait for a clip full of bullets. They'll pounce in, slash, pounce out quick as lightning. It's about anticipating their movements. Playing against people like Elbig, Boat Builder, Dante, etc, I find I can't see them because I know they're not in my line of sight. When they are, it's to taunt me and convince me to waste ammo.

lcpuche
3rd December 2007, 21:56
Just practice more
I'm 100% sure no hidden is completely visible. Try to use headphones as they help and after a while you will get used to seeing him.
it just takes practice :).

Demented
3rd December 2007, 21:58
Gah, you quoted my unedited post!
You blaggart! =P

Genre
3rd December 2007, 22:19
Gah, you quoted my unedited post!
You blaggart! =P

Haha, sorry. It's true though.

The hidden won't ever be 100% invisible, and I find him easier to see when he's sitting still. Sound does help, but with my sound setup (two basic speakers) I've learned and focused more on seeing the actual hidden. When I see that characteristic heat haze, I shoot at it; now, I don't want to make it seem like I spray, nor that it is good to just spray, as often that just results in little clouds of dust that distract your eyes, thus resulting in the hidden being long gone. It's best to shoot with bursts, and watching where you're shooting. Occasionally, you get the reflex shot in (Shotguns are notorious for this, but I've only gotten 4 kills with it, I hate that gun).

7SEALS
4th December 2007, 08:37
You've got it backwards.

Whereas the slow hidden is in relatively the same spot over 12 frames, the fast hidden is all across your screen in that much time. So unless you have a very high framerate and very fast reflexes and very good peripheral vision, they're much harder to track and much harder to recognize. Not to mention, more skilled players are more likely to be attacking you from angles you can't see. Since they're barely visible anyway, you don't know whether they're behind you or not, so you might think they're more difficult to see when they're really not visible at all.
Ok that makes more sense, but doesn't at the same time. Why would you make them LESS visible when they are running around? Running = harder to shoot. That takes away from the stealthy-ness of being the hidden. You should be nearly FORCED to stay crouched, or walk, instead of running around. Thats like saying, the hidden gets a free grenade every time he presses the pounce button. It just doesn't make sense in my eyes. Sorry. The pounce button/running should only be used if you have been spotted, and are being shot at. It should be for a last ditch effort to get away. Sorry, I am just not understanding this.

Vicious
4th December 2007, 09:02
Hey there little buddy....:D

7SEALS
4th December 2007, 09:09
Hey there little buddy....:D
lulz you got banned

gb2 topic

Vicious
4th December 2007, 09:21
ya actually that happens daily at RAH, with the mods already trigger happy with banning it only takes one stupid little newbie to suggest hacking to get kicked... Luckily it only lasts a day... i'll seeya soon.

I've pissed off some people in my day but i've never had them go complain to the game developer subsequently :D. It's very common for new or unskilled players to cry hack so don't feel left out.

Yesterday 03:06

yaaa you managed to answer your own question and contradict your statement all in one post... simply stunning. Just like you said when you just walk around as hidden you're easy to spot (just like you do), but pounce around and it's not easy to get a fix on him. It's not a matter of programming it's just the way human eyes function, the hidden is already hard to spot, have him fly across the screen at odd angles coming towards you and away and your brain will have a hard time processing it (especially yours).

I normally don't bother messing with sexually frustrated racist internet kiddies but you're just too much fun :D

Paegus
4th December 2007, 11:29
...Why would you make them LESS visible when they are running around? ...

perhaps i've misunderstood but if you're implying what i think you are, you're failing to understand something: as far as i'm aware the variable that defines how visiible the hidden is DOES NOT CHANGE at any time during gameplay.

his apparent visibility, or lack there of, is a natural effect of human vision.

Isolation
4th December 2007, 21:36
his apparent visibility, or lack there of, is a natural effect of human vision.

This would be a good time for someone to whip out some medical mumbo jumbo about how fast they human eye can see versus how fast something moves.

Helicopter blades becoming like a solid disc.
Car wheels looking like they move backward.
Invisible maniacs jumping around.

The eye has trouble seeing these things for what they are really doing. I'm sure someone around here will copy/paste something off Wikipedia (probably involving how many frames per second the eye can actually register), but it won't be me... ;)

Vicious
4th December 2007, 21:56
well the fact of the matter is if the hidden had just a regular texture you could track him no problem, it's not the speed but the combination of speed and the minute amount of visual disturbance his texture makes.

Demented
4th December 2007, 22:16
True.
The eye can distinguish color, but it can't distinguish shapes. You need the mind to do that. And the Hidden's really only distinguishable as a shape or silhouette. (Though there are minimal color differences.)

7SEALS
4th December 2007, 23:34
so why doesn't the variable change? Like I said before, they should be nearly visible when running, and clear as day when they press the pounce button. I get killed the same way, over and over. Pounce in, knife me, pounce away. Pounce in, knife me, pounce away. Boringggggg.

Genre
5th December 2007, 00:49
The variable is constant, it does not change. Say the hidden is 3% visible. He will always be 3% visible no matter how he is moving. It is what you see that changes. Compared to the background, if the hidden is moving slowly (or not at all) your eye can pick up on the variation from shader (or shape or silhouette) to background. When the hidden is pouncing and moving quickly, your eye doesn't have as much time to distinguish between the two, therefore you see nothing. This is where practice comes in. If you learn what the map looks like, and what the hidden "looks" like, you won't need to look as hard, you can simply see something a little blurred or distorted without trying. You've "trained" your eye to "see" the hidden. He's still 3% visible.

Compare it to this:

When a vehicle is accelerating, you can see the hubcap clearly and easily. The wheel is not moving quickly, and your eye has a chance to distinguish between what is wheel, what is hubcap, etc. When the vehicle is going down the highway, you see a solid blur. The wheel is still 100% opaque, just moving at a different speed. It's simply because your eye cannot see as quickly as the wheel is moving.

Vicious
5th December 2007, 03:17
so why doesn't the variable change? Like I said before, they should be nearly visible when running, and clear as day when they press the pounce button. I get killed the same way, over and over. Pounce in, knife me, pounce away. Pounce in, knife me, pounce away. Boringggggg.

Guess what, that's the game. You don't like it, go back to counterstrike :rolleyes:

7SEALS
5th December 2007, 05:51
well I am just picking on the hidden right now, I haven't even gotten to I.R.I.S yet. So you are making this game very noob friendly? Example

(A noob just downloaded the game)

cool, I am the hidden now
look at all these cool things I can do!
I can pounce around the map like a noob, and people are less likely to see me, therefore winning the round very quick, make the time limit next-to useless! OHHH EMMMMM GEEEEE

I rest my case on the hidden. Poorly designed, waste-of-time character, with beyond tons of potential. He is a fictional character, do with him what you please, but the I.R.I.S, them being somewhat like a swat team, I can pick on them. What kind of swat team goes armed into battle with a nearly invisible guy with a rifle, smg, and shot gun (if theres any other weapons, don't even bother telling me, because it is also beyond useless). A real swat team would be armed with massive, amazing, high-tech weapons. And the equipment? Don 't even get me started on those selections of jokes. You have taken an amazingly awesome concept, and half-assed it with 3 weapons, and however many useless equipment options. Why? You have all this talent, brains, and hardworking people making this mod, and you show up with a half-assed I.R.I.S team? Don't even tell me that "this is the beta, more can change!" I have already read the sticky on the top, it tells me that there is going to be no weapons added on, and you must get on your knees, and kiss our asses to add more equipment options. You have this "this is our mod, we make it how we want to make it" type of attitude. Well you obviously WANT some sort of a fan base, by going out of your way to pay/design a website for this Half-Life 2 mod. If you want to design it the way you guys wanted it designed, then guess what. Shut the site down, remove the download links, and you devs can play with each other like you are at a gay club looking for some on-the-side-fun away from your wives and girlfriends.

I will enjoy my ban. I don't care. Ban me for my ideas and my EXTREMELY constructive criticism. Goodbye.

Paegus
5th December 2007, 05:54
they're a swat team that had like 2 minutes to grab some shit that was in the van and go solve deal with the problem. 617 JUST escaped. he's always JUST escaped. we're playing the same moment in that universe's history over and over and over and over again... just in different locales.
he busted out somehow, they got the message to get him back of just kill him either way the higher ups weren't fussy but it needs to be done yesterday. sure backup is on the way (hence the hidden loses if the timer expires) but they're the forward team.
if they went into this with oh lets say thermal goggles then supposedly the hidden would just be a scrawny dude with a knife vs a boatload of dudes with guns and shit. that'd work great as a gameplay dynamic wouldn't it?

having the hidden be the same visibility all the time seems more practical to me. good players will appear to well not appear actually. unless they goof up or actually want to be seen. crap players will goof up more than not.

Helicopter blades becoming like a solid disc.
Car wheels looking like they move backward.
that's a limitation of the camera recording the scene. the same thing happens with helicopter blades. the frame rate of the recording device remains constant but the speed of the wheel/rotor changes so the blade/spoke/etc are in different positions when the shutter snaps. depending on the timings it can be moving forward, backward or even appear stationary.

zero copy&paste :D

Vicious
5th December 2007, 07:59
well I am just picking on the hidden right now, I haven't even gotten to I.R.I.S yet. So you are making this game very noob friendly? Example

I can pounce around the map like a noob, and people are less likely to see me, therefore winning the round very quick, make the time limit next-to useless! OHHH EMMMMM GEEEEE

ya it's so easy that's why you died instantly anytime you've gotten hidden :rolleyes:, can we please ban this joker now?

Paegus
5th December 2007, 09:08
banned for what, having an opinion? granted it's generally considered misguided but that's his problem not ours since he's the one missing out on the enjoyment of a realy great mod... despite the lack of super high-tech equipment... like thermal goggles or anally launch nukes.

he's got quite a ways to go before anyone even thinks about banning him from these forums...

salith
5th December 2007, 11:42
...my EXTREMELY constructive criticism.

Constructive?
Where?
You down-cry everything then do not offer any real 'suggestions' which would qualify your comment about constructive criticism.

Quoting from Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critic)...

Constructive criticism is a form of communication in which a person tries to correct the behavior of another in a non-authoritarian way, and is generally, a diplomatic approach about what another person is doing socially incorrect. It is 'constructive' as opposed to a command or an insult and is meant as a peaceful and benevolent approach. Participatory learning in pedagogy is based on these principles of constructive criticism.

Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others with the intention of helping the reader or the artist, rather than creating an oppositional attitude. An art critic can also be a champion of a new artistic movement in the face of a hostile public (e.g. John Ruskin), using scholarship and insight to show the value and depth of a new style. Critics might even champion a wholly new art medium; for instance the century-long critical struggle to have photography recognised as a valid art form.

There can be a tension between constructive and useful criticism; for instance, a critic might usefully help an individual artist to recognise what is poor or slapdash in their body of work - but the critic may have to appear harsh and judgemental in order to achieve this.

Sakuragaoka
5th December 2007, 12:40
You know, I don't think that b**ching about the visibility of the hidden is going to solve anything at all... If you just practice and look for what materials the hidden is visible on... "Practice Makes Perfect" they say... not "B**ching makes things better"

TheOtherDante
5th December 2007, 12:59
and half-assed it with 3 weapons

4 weapons my friend, you forgot about the 303. which in my opinion is evil incarinate(well in the right hands anyway)

and what kinda hightech weapons are you talking about, this isnt startrek no phaser's set to stun.

-SM-SUCKER
5th December 2007, 16:08
So you are making this game very noob friendly?
So you think Hidden:Source is noob friendly? This mod has an extremely steep learning curve for a fps game. I have yet to meet a newb that really used the pounce the way you can use it. Most people haven't even played the tutorial and thus don't even know about the existence of a pounce key, not to mention aura vision (in case you never heard of it before, it's some kind of natural wallhack for the Hidden).

....A real swat team would be armed with massive, amazing, high-tech weapons.... equipment?....... half-assed I.R.I.S team?.....this is our mod, we make it how we want to make it....attitude...EXTREMELY constructive criticism
Ballistic weaponry is still the cutting edge when it comes down to hunting almost invisible persons. High rate of fire, high damage and no need for any batteries.
About the equipment: They had only a few minutes to get ready.
It IS their mod, and still they listened to many opinions and evaluate them. Many have been considered so far.

And finally: It is a GAME. And games have to be balanced. If you gave the IRIS extras like goggles it would unbalance the hole thing. We are not talking about similar teams here, thi is a mutant mod whith 2 very different teams. Different in tactics, loadout, speed, abilities and appearence.

Isolation
5th December 2007, 21:28

Funny, in my two odd years playing the mod, this is something I never saw. You must have seen some pretty amazing nooblets... wait, looking at this... you're complaining about pouncing. People who pounce are noobs. Riiiiiight.

that's a limitation of the camera recording the scene. the same thing happens with helicopter blades. the frame rate of the recording device remains constant but the speed of the wheel/rotor changes so the blade/spoke/etc are in different positions when the shutter snaps. depending on the timings it can be moving forward, backward or even appear stationary.

zero copy&paste :D

Well, that's a camera. The eye still only sees/brain can only process so much per second. It's why hand drawn animation can look "fluid" when it's really not, so on and so forth...

Paegus
5th December 2007, 21:40
eye-lids aside, the human eye doesn't operate with a shutter. it's a stead stream of information as the light striking the cells in your retina changes. it's a completely live feed so to speak. in daylight (no artificial light sources that can actually pulse) you will never see the shutter effects of car hub caps. if you did then helicopter rotors would do that same.

fluid motion in film is achieved with motion blur. computer games up to now have lacked this which is why frame rates need to be so high. they just bombard the optical nerves with image delta and since the brain isn't that fast it sees a smooth flow. TVs run at a relatively low 25~30 frames a second but have motion blurred movement. if they didn't have that it would be pretty nasty to watch.

go wiki frame rate for a brief run down.

A Knife in the Dark
6th December 2007, 02:26
I had a nice long post for this... but well, it was filled with so many insults I just decided not to use it.

But yeah. Wow.

7SEALS
6th December 2007, 04:11
Ok, in my eyes, this is what I would think would make the game a lot more enjoyable.

Sticking to the walls:
I am not sure if this is a sever side option or not, but I think you should be able to do it forever, along with this, climbing walls. I want him to be able to climb the walls, and crawl across the ceiling. This would make the hunt for him much more difficult, and a lot more scary! haha.

Invisibility:
Like I said before, walking = nearly invisible, running, clear as day. This would force you to be a lot more careful with your movements. I don't consider "hunting" to be running around full speed, pouncing and slashing people. Think of hunting in real life, when you are shooting real life animals. Most hunters sit in the same spot, for hours. And if they are moving around, its slow and quiet. Hunting is not running around full speed guns-a-blazing.

I.R.I.S weapons:
Add more, a lot more. More high-tech weapons. I know this was set however many years ago, but if you have the technology to be messing with a guys DNA (or whatever stunt they were performing) then you have some sort of advance weapon setups. What kind of government would allow a team of swat-like individuals hunt after an invisible guy, with basic, low-tech weapons? Even if he just escaped, and you had to grab a gun off the wall, I am sure they have more than just (I stand corrected, more than 3 weapons) 4 weapons on the wall. And sending them out with limited ammo? Yea right. I mean, add more cool things the hidden can do, to avoid this fest of trigger happy I.R.I.S team. For instance, more health?

I.R.I.S equipment:
Paint grenades, real grenades, flash bangs, and all of the above in a trip mine format too. You guys may have ran into problems with the paint grenade idea, which is fine, but if its totally do-able, then do it. Extra ammo for the trigger happy people. Speaking of, if you are going to make us pick a laser dot, to waste our equipment option, then add an iron sight to the gun. What gun does not have an iron sight, I mean come on. I can understand not having an aimer to add a more realistic effect, but iron sights, do it now. Melee attacks/knife, pick one, or both. If you are going to short us on ammo, and leave us with a useless pistol, then melee attacks or knife would work great.

this is just scratching the surface. I am not going to bother typing more because none of these ideas will be used. But, if I was to run the mod (which I know I am not) then thats what I would do, and thats what I would feel would bring a HUGE fan base. Thank you for not banning me. Thank you for taking your time to read my huge posts. I appreciate your guy's time.

Genre
6th December 2007, 04:47
Iron sights are being added, you don't even really need to use the LAM.
Paint grenades would be useless, if you search and read the threads, you'd know about 617's cloaking field, which is why his knife is also cloaked, and why the 303 doesn't paint him up.
Being short on ammo prevents people from becoming spray happy noobs. You don't run around carrying 10 clips of ammo. 2 or 3 is fine, and forces you to watch your ammo, and not waste any. The purpose of this is to prevent and deter the trigger happy people.
Stamina is there to balance things out. This prevents 617 from pouncing around like a rampaging idiot, and forces the player to watch how they are moving. This will not change. Nobody wants the hidden to camp on a wall for eternity, how often do you actually check the walls to see if he's hiding on one? Also, the hidden isn't hunting, he's fleeing. It's the IRIS that are hunting 617.

As for weapons, again, they are fine. The IRIS are an emergency response team, organized to hear the alarm, quickly grab some equipment, and be out the door. This isn't cs where you can have 45 weapons to choose from, the hidden has a storyline that needs to be supported. Again, it comes to balance. You're not going to have a rail gun and akimbo uzis shooting at a mutant with a knife and a limited number of pipebombs.

The invisibility factor of the hidden is not dynamic, and it probably won't ever be dynamic in regards to movement speed. It is the same, all the time. Keeping the idea of "pretend you are fully visible" in mind, you wouldn't sit in one spot with a gun pointed on your head; you'd run like hell is grabbing at your feet. The hidden will always be rendered the same way no matter how he is moving.

Paegus
6th December 2007, 06:02
there is a big difference between genetics research and weapons research. just because you know how to make someone's hair green doesn't mean you can accelerate a can of ravioli to 0.9995c in a meaningfully small amount of time.

and what's not advanced about a 21 century weapon system? the fn2000 is modular and can be designed to fit a given mission. the 303 is just as new and is being used to bring the subject back in alive. granted the p90 and shotgun are old hat but what game would be complete without a shotgun and a spam gun?
also the more advanced the electronics involved the more likely something will go wrong with it. and since backup wont get there in time...

the variable visibility is silly. as far as i'm concerned and frame-rate aside, the longer you're IN their line of sight the higher the chance of them seeing you is. you think pouncing around makes the hidden too easy to play? infinite cling and wall crawling would make him all but unstoppable.

Demented
6th December 2007, 06:08
Sticking to the walls:
The dev team is concerned that it would be just too difficult for the IRIS if the Hidden could hide anywhere. Though, admittedly, the best Hiddens don't need to hide anyway. Servers can change the stamina drain rate if they want to, though. I suppose you could convince someone to try out a lack of stamina drain for wall clinging.

Invisibility:
There's always a lot of whinging when the visibility isn't changed. One can only imagine what would happen when the visibility IS. Suffice to say, it's one of those things that won't be changed, and needs to work around.

I.R.I.S weapons:
It's one thing to do genetic research; it's another to do advanced weapons research. The IRIS are just the local lab's guns-for-hire, as it were. They've already got the most advanced low-tech weapons, and Infinitum's most high-tech weapon is currently running around stabbing people. Oh yeah, and they've got Wakefield, Subject 882 or somethin', who is technically more advanced than the Hidden. Though in this case, quality may be more important than quantity. Nobody wants the P90 when they can have the F2000, the shotgun's not nearly as stylish, and the FN303 is for acquired tastes. Thus, instead of choices, you really only have a single option which is dependant on your mood, which is probably it feels like there's variety now than in B1.

I.R.I.S equipment:
The IRIS could use more equipment... But most of the obvious ones are typically unsuitable, unbalancing, or rediculous. As for the not-so-obvious ones, those require actual thought to arrive at, so people don't point them out as often. Though, I think a lot of the HEX gameplay could be tied in with equipment to make things more interactive and interesting, even/especially in the HDN maps. Lockpicks, anyone?

and what's not advanced about a 21 century weapon system? the fn2000 is modular and can be designed to fit a given mission.
Not that we use any of that. Gotta play Crysis instead. =P

7SEALS
6th December 2007, 08:21
you guys are talking about the balancing issue. This is why I am saying, allow the hidden to walk and claw his way where ever he wants. Maybe make it so when he is crawling on the walls or ceiling, hes a little more visible. I am talking about making both teams a lot more powerful. Not just one or the other. You guys have this almost orgasmic concept here, of a slightly more advanced version of hide-and-go-seek, and it just seems, dumbed down. The first time I played, I expected the hidden to have much more features than he has currently. Hes basically just an invisible guy that walks really fast, can see through walls, and can pounce(I am not going to list sticking to the walls because of its extreme uselessness). Amazing... Put a camo suit on me, heat vision, and I will practice running a lot, and suddenly I am a genetic mutation of a human? Please. Look at other "super humans" with "super powers". Heat vision, flying, shooting web (how does i shot web), super human strength, and the list goes on. Give this guy some super powers. These are just too basic for me, and dull it out. This concept is beyond awesome. I am just disappointed at the fact that its just too basic for my taste.

Vfef
6th December 2007, 09:13
I have read about 2 pages before my eyes almost fell out of my head... Ok Seal You dont like the mod the way it is right? Thats your opinion.

If you are still complaining about the Hidden Invisibility and that its easy to see them when they move fast. More power to you Grats you are able to do the I.R.I.S job.

Also The hidden doesn't cling to walls because hes not spiderman. He dosent have super powers because he was a correct me if im wrong on this Guys but a Normal or close to normal Man or Human. He as far as to my knowledge did not get..

A: Bitten by a Radioactive spider
B: come from another planet
C: Fall into a vat of radioactive goop

This is probably why he doesn't have super powers. You want super powers go and buy City of Hero's.

Also this mod is like a Advanced hide-and-go-seek.
As for the sticking to walls as useless... Its how the player plays the hidden. Ive seen the hidden kill with props only ive seen the hidden kill by using a apparently useless move. Jumping off a ceiling and stabbing some poor un-expecting I.R.I.S. Agent thats not paying close enough attention.

And because im just tired of not writing this.

If you don't like the game don't play it. Unless you have a gun to your head and your family's held hostage. I don't think thats the case so no ones forcing you to play. There i got it out it wont bother me anymore.

Sorry for the long and useless post but i felt like getting my 2 cents worth out.

-SM-SUCKER
6th December 2007, 09:44
The Hidden is not a super hero. He doesn't react to kryptonite and doesn't spin webs. He is neither He-Man nor is he Sauron. He is a human that was part of a genetic experiment that made him almost invisible and very strong.
And there is one thing you didn't mention: The Hidden can pick up objects and in B5 he will even be able to punt the really heavy ones.

And why do you want the teams to become more powerfull?

Vfef
6th December 2007, 09:48
Gahh i believe i posted something similar but it hasent or dident get approved. :(

Ill try to recreate the long long long post again in a much smaller post :)

Ok Hes not spider man or Superman. He was a Man or Human that was in a bio-experiment.
If its super powers you wish then go buy city of hero's. He dosent have super powers because

A: Dident get bitten by some radioactive spider
B: Not from a different planet
C: Did not fall into a vat of radioactive Goop

To my knowledge of course i could be wrong.

If you can see the Hidden when he moves faster and people do it Then why complain? More power to you. You do the I.R.I.S. job part of the game well. As for the hidden on the walls and ceilings its how the hidden is played. Ive seen hidden attack with props only and win ive seen *and done* A hidden drop from a ceiling onto a unsuspecting pray and kill them, but if he was to stay up on the walls or ceiling forever then whats the challenge to the hidden? Hes part human, You should be happy that hes been Fked up enough to even Grasp the wall for the amount of time he has. :P Everyone and everything tires eventually Why should he be different from the rest of the World? other than hes a Freak

A Knife in the Dark
6th December 2007, 22:12
No thats the thing; he CAN'T see the hidden when its moving really fast. This is the standard ramblings are a senseless madman, or worse, a senseless noob. He want the hidden to just be right in front of him and be clear as day, as he would say. He wants this game to be easy, and to answer your question Prince, THAT is why he wants the teams stronger, so his weapon can just one-shot the Hidden, who (if he got his way) would be standing in front of him, covered in bright neon green paint, waving a stick at the wall that he's trying to climb.

This has been said before, climbing the wall is useless unless the stamina goes away, which would be an equally retarded idea, thus making walk climbing/crawling useless, even more than you think the wall cling is. You obviously haven't been playing this game long enough, SEALS. If you had, you'd understand it isn't a simple matter of leap and stab and that the wall cling DOES in fact help, quite a bit in fact. You can climb with the wall cling, all you need to do is leap upwards or in another direction around the wall, which is far more effective than crawling. Slowing this game's gameplay down is the exact opposite direction of right. Ever seen Predator? Thats pretty fast paced, what with his shoulder cannon blastings and what not.

And what exactly do you mean by "High-Tech" weapons? Like said, the FN2000 is a pretty high tech rifle. Admittedly, I'd like to see a SCAR-11 somewhere around here... but its not really needed, and nor are you being constructive by raising things that are "wrong" (the aforementioned high tech weapons, for example) and not stating any actual things that could be substituted in their place...

Mart Ini
7th December 2007, 10:25
Hidden is pretty invisible. Last night on the office map i was about 1 metre in front of an Iris. He didn't see me and just walked by me. That was pretty scary though!

Cheesey
7th December 2007, 11:20
That really dipends on the guy behind the IRIS. There are people, who just dont see you sitting on a crate beside them, and there are people who see you sitting on the rooftop on highrise... ;) (From the dark side!)

TheOtherDante
7th December 2007, 14:03
ive siad it before ill say it agian, this game has a STEEP learning curve it takes time to learn how to track and see the hidden(hell someone helped me see the hidden my first week in). playing as the hidden is a different story all together, my playing stlye started off as very cuatious and nade happy(sad to admit it) and evolved into a gorillish, smash and go type of play any one whos every played me knows that a game agianist me are split into something like 5 extremely intense seconds of attack then silence then repeat.

personally i like the game the way it is only thing i would change is certian weapon settings which are being done to my knowlege. as far as giving both teams more power goes i think its retarded, youll only end up bitching and whining about all that power later.the "invisiblity" level is fine i do think it is some what dynamic, being that if there is more light its easier to identify the distortion (thus the reason NV googles can help). in levels like decay and origin its best to just stay out of the light.

welll i have to go and get to work ill contiue this later

Shape
7th December 2007, 17:53
ive siad it before ill say it agian, this game has a STEEP learning curve it takes time to learn how to track and see the hidden(hell someone helped me see the hidden my first week in). playing as the hidden is a different story all together, my playing stlye started off as very cuatious and nade happy(sad to admit it) and evolved into a gorillish, smash and go type of play any one whos every played me knows that a game agianist me are split into something like 5 extremely intense seconds of attack then silence then repeat.

personally i like the game the way it is only thing i would change is certian weapon settings which are being done to my knowlege. as far as giving both teams more power goes i think its retarded, youll only end up bitching and whining about all that power later.the "invisiblity" level is fine i do think it is some what dynamic, being that if there is more light its easier to identify the distortion (thus the reason NV googles can help). in levels like decay and origin its best to just stay out of the light.

welll i have to go and get to work ill contiue this later

You win 7 internets.

TheOtherDante
7th December 2007, 18:21
You win 7 internets.

only 7:rolleyes:

A Knife in the Dark
8th December 2007, 00:10
Yeah... he was gonna give you 20, but I stole 13. Sorry?

I agree with you, though Dante, Invisibility is perfect the way it is.

Hadouken!
8th December 2007, 08:48
I find the invisibility fine : )

I've been playing about 3 or 4 weeks... and last week upgraded DirectX 8.1 to 9.

I can see the hidden much easier... because i got pretty used to seeing him on 8.1

But the learning curb is steep : )
But I used the laser to identify the hidden.. and then you will slowly start getting used to see him...

I'm flinching a lot now though.. i see him jump round my peripheral vision. Especially on traindepot : S

Cheesey
8th December 2007, 12:50
It's just about your skill. The first time I played hidden - it was a wednesday evening - I havnt heard anything about this mod. A friend of mine forced me to download this great mod. After some time I just did him this favour. I downloaded the install-file and installed the mod. I didnt even know the background about the mod (almost invisible guy vs. IRIS). I started playing and thought "WTF? What are you shooting at?"

Then I played the tutorial and I hated the pounce - cause it took me rather long to get up the damn elevator tube. Then I read about the mod on the homepage and started playing again. Trying to see the invisible guy.

I played 3 days almos without interruption (eating, sleeping, toilet). I loved the mod and from there on I also could see the hidden really fine...
Just three days ;)

Hadouken!
8th December 2007, 13:43
Haha... You specifically remember it was a Wednesday evening? lol

A Knife in the Dark
9th December 2007, 00:59
Hell yes he does. Mine was on a Saturday Night... Much like this one except less boring... Ah. The good ol' days.

Cheesey
9th December 2007, 13:33
Haha... You specifically remember it was a Wednesday evening? lol

Sure! I also wont forget that scary feeling I had at the beginning playing this mod. No other game brought this shiver over my back, when 617 was saying "You're next!".... :D

7SEALS
17th December 2007, 06:32
Sure! I also wont forget that scary feeling I had at the beginning playing this mod. No other game brought this shiver over my back, when 617 was saying "You're next!".... :D

yea, I was like that too, for the first round. Until I realized the hidden was just an almost completely invisible guy, that just walks faster than my I.R.I.S guy can. Then I realized I was wasting my time. I play every now and then. Hopefully someday you guys will see the potential that I see, and could make money off this mod. For now, I will just go on every now and then.

DuckSauce
17th December 2007, 14:08
agree sometimes I can spot them sometimes it seems like they're compeltely even though they're around... as if it's model wasn't loaded

and now before you start saying again that it's the game then i'll say to go screw yourselfes cause this game is either massively being cheated on by people turning there dx settings or something down so the hidden turns into a black model or somethings wrong with the game

also lagg on servers with good ping is horrible

meh for some reason I can't stop playing the mod though...
although you can expect me to be gone when pvk2 beta 2 is out
(musttttt have parrots! parrots are so much cooler then ugly invisible test subjects)

killerking_swe
17th December 2007, 17:32
agree sometimes I can spot them sometimes it seems like they're compeltely even though they're around... as if it's model wasn't loaded

The textures (on the map), lightning and the movement of the hidden makes him change visability and the more skilled players know howe evade your area of view so you be lucky if see him at all.

A Knife in the Dark
17th December 2007, 21:28
yea, I was like that too, for the first round. Until I realized the hidden was just an almost completely invisible guy, that just walks faster than my I.R.I.S guy can. Then I realized I was wasting my time. I play every now and then. Hopefully someday you guys will see the potential that I see, and could make money off this mod. For now, I will just go on every now and then.

WARNING: If anyone is looking for something other than a post full of insults to SEALS7, then just skip to the third body of text for a review on PVK2 B2.

This is cited from the dictionary.

Ignorance: Lack of knowledge, education, awareness.

You are also quite stubborn and refuse to take in any other knowledge, in fact, you are likely the highest quality of such a trait, and baffle me with how well educated and wise you believe yourself to the point where you even refuse to believe Ging, the very creator of this mod. Perhaps one day you will realize your stupidity and your foolhardiness, and perhaps lay down your words and quit your ignorant babbling. Until then, you'll just get on every now and then. Thank god for that.

On a side note when playing, if thats all you got out of it your skull is as dense as rock, whereas the experience of playing is like water. It'll take millions of years for it to pass through you. I pity you, however, for if I were to be able to only get such little satisfaction from things like this, my life would be very dull and likely unlivable.

@DuckSauce: While PVK2 B2 will be exiting, ZP:S will be more exiting, as well as the fact that PVK2 B2 will most likely have quite a bit of bugs, just like B1 has... The mod is horribly broken, and though hope is on the horizon, so were Nuclear Bombs during the Cold War, but they never turned out, did they?

Paegus
17th December 2007, 21:46
speaking of ignorance... Ging didn't exactly create this mod. he (and his pals) took it over from the HL1 version of the game... and did wonderful wonderful things with it.

though the lack of anally launched nukes is a bit of a let down. those kick ass (oh the puns!)

DuckSauce
18th December 2007, 07:39
@DuckSauce: While PVK2 B2 will be exiting, ZP:S will be more exiting, as well as the fact that PVK2 B2 will most likely have quite a bit of bugs, just like B1 has... The mod is horribly broken, and though hope is on the horizon, so were Nuclear Bombs during the Cold War, but they never turned out, did they?

I'm not looking for excitment I'm looking for fun
getting raped over and over by something completely invisble to me is not fun
when finnaly becoming the hidden and then getting spot like as if you are big heap of sunlight is NOT fun especially since then you have to return to being raped over and over again

yeah... exciting maybe as you have to wonder yourself... ooooooh from which side will I get raped from now? ohhhhh the thrill and excitement of not knowing. But it's harldy fun:D

also might I mention that it's so that even the not so pro hidden players still jump right in my facing slashing me yet I can't see

killerking_swe
18th December 2007, 08:45
Well, of course Ging and the rest of the team is total idiots for not makeing another WW2 mod or CS clone. Hey wy not a zombie mod?

I woud never think of a mod sutch as this one myself thats brings some new gameplay in already tierd FPS gen.

Praise mods like this ffs, and get down on your knees and start worshiping.

Hadouken!
18th December 2007, 09:40
when finnaly becoming the hidden and then getting spot like as if you are big heap of sunlight is NOT fun especially since then you have to return to being raped over and over again

yeah... exciting maybe as you have to wonder yourself... ooooooh from which side will I get raped from now? ohhhhh the thrill and excitement of not knowing. But it's harldy fun:D

also might I mention that it's so that even the not so pro hidden players still jump right in my facing slashing me yet I can't see

You get owned all the time? Get Better.

The more you play.. the better you will get.

The hidden is not completely invisible…

You will find most of the time (against a good hidden) you will only see him flick round your peripheral vision.

The closer he is.. the harder he is to see..

Myself.. my computer is not too good. So I can hardly see the hidden. But I use sound and the LAM. And manage to take out the hidden if it tries to trislash. Or pigstick : D.

When you are playing as hidden. YOU will fail.. the learning curb sucks.. Eventually.. you will pick up techniques. You cant really be taught this. You can be helped to get them faster… But you have to learn yourself.

CBA to reply too off-topic posts : )

Daedalus
18th December 2007, 12:40
Well, of course Ging and the rest of the team is total idiots for not makeing another WW2 mod or CS clone. Hey wy not a zombie mod?

I woud never think of a mod sutch as this one myself thats brings some new gameplay in already tierd FPS gen.

Praise mods like this ffs, and get down on your knees and start worshiping.

The problem is that this mod didn't get the advertising it deserved. Same thing happened with chaos theory multiplayer. It was a great game which actually had depth, made you think. But UBI barely mentioned the MP, it was more interested in babbling about the SP. And so the game barely has players left now.

Vicious
18th December 2007, 12:52

Then SHOOT dumbass!!! you don't have to see him to shoot...

Why are we still on this post? This whole thing started because he's butt-hurt from me raping his whiney little ass. I was dominating hidden and he cries cheating, calls me a faggot and a "n***er" (standard CS kiddie response) people filter out and leave, I hit round limit and he TK's me and leaves... I find him on RAH and he cries to gravedigger about me being a "cheater".

Knife summed it up quite effectively in this post:
This is the standard ramblings are a senseless madman, or worse, a senseless noob. He want the hidden to just be right in front of him and be clear as day, as he would say. He wants this game to be easy, and to answer your question Prince, THAT is why he wants the teams stronger, so his weapon can just one-shot the Hidden, who (if he got his way) would be standing in front of him, covered in bright neon green paint, waving a stick at the wall that he's trying to climb.

I'm honestly surprised Ging has allowed this thread to continue, do we have to listen to every whiney little n00b that finds this forum and thinks the mod should be changed because they suck? Theres the 2 guys in this thread alone and already another thread starting. Can we stop acting like he's a mature adult that can add any worthy suggestions and drop this thread?

DuckSauce
18th December 2007, 14:25
do we have to listen to every whiney little n00b that finds this forum and thinks the mod should be changed because they suck?

never said I wanted it to be changed expect maybe the visibility as the gap between noob and pro is to big, also leading me to believe there's a cheat of somekind involved... especially since i have a friend who has a crappy graphics card unable of showing the hidden like supposed to which makes him appear as a friggin black model which he can see right away... who says there aren't more of those guys wandering out deliberatly messing with settings/drivers etc to get the same effect?

and also its stupid that if you have to assume anyway everyone can see the hidden and you have to attack people's back is the fact that apperently the hidden is HARDER to see when close??? so like why attack their backs then? the opinions of these so called "pro's" conflict heavily as people just can pounce right into your face with no penalty, stab, run! and dont get hit... only the fools stay in the front and die... doh but now they can just walk right into your face and you wont see them until they have stuck a knife in your face...

also maybe you all forget that not everyone want's to be a "pro" and spot the hidden like its nothing and get a perfect kill death score... there are also those who just want to play the game. Right now it's to hard for the normal casual players to see the hidden...

and now I am going to say to change it!: make him easier to see then both the normal and the profesionall spotters will see both see him! problem solved...
and for the hidden... just attack people's backs.. if they camp then maybe the hidden should get a way of making more nades in several places on the map... then he can nade the campers so he can actually have a chance and still be easier to spot...

also sounds... hidden footsteps are only hearable by hidden, as is pouncing and pigstick, etc etc... wtf are these guys talking bout saying you can "hear" the hidden... even he's close and starts a pigstick and is pouncing around you only the hidden itself hears the sound... but the IRIS wont hear a thing!

also im a friggin noob and im proud of it!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

xtalapocketl
18th December 2007, 14:39
I'm also new to this game, and I must say,
it is perfectly possible to hear the hidden.
His footsteps are quite clear and so is the PS sound (even more if it misses)

DuckSauce
18th December 2007, 15:39
I'm also new to this game, and I must say,
it is perfectly possible to hear the hidden.
His footsteps are quite clear and so is the PS sound (even more if it misses)

well then my game is bugged cause pigstick sound cant be heard neither are footsteps.. even though he's walking around me
you all got sound to the max or something??

Paegus
18th December 2007, 16:59
audio is a good cue. unfortunately the ps is only really audible though after it's too late for one or the other of you... at least that's only when it registers in my head.

i'm way more of a footstep man myself.

Hadouken!
18th December 2007, 17:13
never said I wanted it to be changed expect maybe the visibility as the gap between noob and pro is to big, also leading me to believe there's a cheat of somekind involved... especially since i have a friend who has a crappy graphics card unable of showing the hidden like supposed to which makes him appear as a friggin black model which he can see right away... who says there aren't more of those guys wandering out deliberatly messing with settings/drivers etc to get the same effect?

and also its stupid that if you have to assume anyway everyone can see the hidden and you have to attack people's back is the fact that apperently the hidden is HARDER to see when close??? so like why attack their backs then? the opinions of these so called "pro's" conflict heavily as people just can pounce right into your face with no penalty, stab, run! and dont get hit... only the fools stay in the front and die... doh but now they can just walk right into your face and you wont see them until they have stuck a knife in your face...

also maybe you all forget that not everyone want's to be a "pro" and spot the hidden like its nothing and get a perfect kill death score... there are also those who just want to play the game. Right now it's to hard for the normal casual players to see the hidden...

and now I am going to say to change it!: make him easier to see then both the normal and the profesionall spotters will see both see him! problem solved...
and for the hidden... just attack people's backs.. if they camp then maybe the hidden should get a way of making more nades in several places on the map... then he can nade the campers so he can actually have a chance and still be easier to spot...

also sounds... hidden footsteps are only hearable by hidden, as is pouncing and pigstick, etc etc... wtf are these guys talking bout saying you can "hear" the hidden... even he's close and starts a pigstick and is pouncing around you only the hidden itself hears the sound... but the IRIS wont hear a thing!

also im a friggin noob and im proud of it!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

Initial Reaction: Ough... Bad punctuation : (

After looking at it more closely: Rofl.

Almost everything you typed there. Is wrong...

Although 'im a friggin noob' is one of the more truthful phrases.

If a hidden is stood infront of you slashing... You will know he is their by;

1. Sound. You will hear him slashing... Unless your deaf.. I which case. Dont play.

2. If you are using a LAM (which i recommend if you cant see the hidden very well). The laser will come up to your face.. And if its not a wall.. or a friend. Its probably the hidden.

3. Well. 3 slash kill. Tri-slash from front. Is always a bad idea. You should realize hes there.

Making him easier to see.. Will ruin the game.. Completely.

If you don't like the game. Delete the folder. And stay off the forums.

DuckSauce
18th December 2007, 18:36

only good suggestion you made
and can't hear the knife slashes or footsteps..
even turned the sound up even more

Paegus
18th December 2007, 19:12
then something's wrong with your install. i can hear them well enough to the point that at least 1/5 of my dodgy kills are because i think what's-that-noise?-turn-and-fire-at-it-while-praying-it-wasn't-a-teammate.

A Knife in the Dark
18th December 2007, 19:16

Thats called a having a steep learning curb.

@Paegus, I was speaking of the mod at hand, not its origins: obviously enough was done to the the original concept to allow credit to go to Ging and Co., hence the lack of anal launch nukes.

salith
18th December 2007, 22:53
and can't hear the knife slashes or footsteps..
even turned the sound up even more

Something wrong with your computer or install. Pretty much everyone else uses sounds as major clues, especially when you hear him pounce overhead =D

Condor
19th December 2007, 04:48
bad player quote lol

you're encouraging player to leave this game just because they express their frustration? thats a nono seeing the population for Hidden is all time low.

You should do the following things:

1. advice him what to suggest to make Hidden more fun and balance.
2. advice him how to play the game by sharing your secret to spot hidden.

I stumble on this game by EvilD for his famous "How to be a spy" video.

Show some luv to the newcomers if you want your favorite game to strive, or end up being a dead game.

Hadouken!
19th December 2007, 08:39
Everyone has been giving advice on how to get better.

But 7seals was too ignorant to listen -.-'

DuckSauce
19th December 2007, 09:31
Something wrong with your computer or install. Pretty much everyone else uses sounds as major clues, especially when you hear him pounce overhead =D

im guessing install as other sounds are fine..
hidden is for me both hidden and uber silent even though the pounce sound makes a big noise when you're the hidden
I thought it was the game... ill look for different download location then

salith
19th December 2007, 09:41
Just play around with the Audio settings in Hidden, maybe drop the sound quality or something?

DuckSauce
19th December 2007, 10:13
Just play around with the Audio settings in Hidden, maybe drop the sound quality or something?

drop it..
weird suggestion
btw this client I downloaded from moddb.. now downloading from normal link off h:s site

so tell me what sounds can be heard by IRIS from the hidden?

- Breathing?
- Footsteps(mentioned by people say they hear him coming)
- Pouncing(how loud and someone says pouncing can be heard quite well)
- Knife sounds

Ging
19th December 2007, 11:25
- Breathing?
- Footsteps(mentioned by people say they hear him coming)
- Pouncing(how loud and someone says pouncing can be heard quite well)
- Knife sounds

No breathing and there's no specific pounce sound.

Paegus
19th December 2007, 12:11
don't forget vocal taunts, pipebombs going kaboom and the occasional physicsy scrape sound when he bumps into, lands on or mishandles a crate/barrel/random physics object.

TheOtherDante
19th December 2007, 14:09
don't forget vocal taunts, pipebombs going kaboom and the occasional physicsy scrape sound when he bumps into, lands on or mishandles a crate/barrel/random physics object.

does bashing barrels agianst walls count as mishandling cuase i do it all the time (mostly to draw attention to me and lure the IRIS)

i too am also very surprised this is still going i was hoping it would die by now.

DuckSauce
19th December 2007, 14:51
downloaded of the normal hidden source site instead of moddb.. deleted the previous hidden folder, installed... still can't hear footsteps, knife stabs, only see people get knifed with blood coming and ouch sound but there's no knife sounds when your on the IRIS team, neither are footsteps

tried lowering the quality to medium and low but didnt help either...
maybe a mess up since only the hidden hears them but IRIS are somehow disallowed to hear them for my client?

Hadouken!
19th December 2007, 15:15
Make sure you have the right sound setting.

If you have 5.1 surround sound, try changing to 2.1, or if its set in 5.1 and you dont.

Not sure though rly : s

Vicious
19th December 2007, 20:47
pretty sure he's just deaf... Just like he is blind (can't see hidden). They're pretty quiet sounds unless you have headphones i've found... I can't hear hidden footsteps with my 4 speakers but I can hear slashes and PS's at least (although quiet). With headphones I hear all...

Cheesey
20th December 2007, 09:37
downloaded of the normal hidden source site instead of moddb.. deleted the previous hidden folder, installed... still can't hear footsteps, knife stabs, only see people get knifed with blood coming and ouch sound but there's no knife sounds when your on the IRIS team, neither are footsteps

I often play with my headset, and if 617 is walking behind/around you or is slashing around you, you should hear it. It's rather quiet, but you can hear it - best with your headphones. But you should also be able to hear it with your speakers... when you are used to it...

DuckSauce
20th December 2007, 09:43
practiced a bit with a friend yesterday, did hear it but very faint even with sound high

also learnt a bit better to see the hidden.. still hard though-_-

xtalapocketl
20th December 2007, 10:08
I guess headphones are probably the best option to hear the hidden.
Wouldn't know about speaker, those are gone since 2 years.

Daedalus
20th December 2007, 10:11
Wouldn't know about speaker, those are gone since 2 years.

Headphones actually allow me to hear sounds better...

DuckSauce
20th December 2007, 12:50

[shitty rhyme]
headphones are the sux
they itch
just like hats do
and all that shit
which is why I freeze of my ears in winter
rather freeze then have itch
itch sucks
damn the itch
[/shitty rhyme]

Hadouken!
20th December 2007, 15:22
fail.

If you refuse to wear headphones (mine don't itch)

then don't complain about not being able to hear anymore.

DuckSauce
20th December 2007, 15:34
fail.

oh yeah I fail.. I fail!!!! o.o
just cause you like not being able to hear anything else but your game and are to caught up in your dreamworld(cant belive im saying that-_-) that others should be cutting themselves of from the outworld to..

btw I found out now why people get so addicted that they play a game and then drop dead of hunger/thirst.. its because they got headphones!
headphones kill! smoking to..
god kills!
devil to
so do evil invisble guys like the hidden

Hadouken!
20th December 2007, 15:46
just cause you like not being able to hear anything else but your game and are to caught up in your dreamworld(cant belive im saying that-_-) that others should be cutting themselves of from the outworld to..

LMFAO.

What you think ALL i do is play games?

And you think i would do it to escape the real world?

BECAUSE I WEAR HEADPHONES?

Bit of an assumption considering you know pretty much nothing about me mayte xD

ProgrammedToConsume
20th December 2007, 17:07
DuckSauce is either a failure at trolling just a complacent child. Let him wine and complain all he wants, it'll do no good to argue.

Shoryuken!
20th December 2007, 17:15
<off topic> I know a young chappie names Mr Ellis that likes to burn people online! :D </off topic>

And DuckSauce obviously has issues, but forget that, back on-topic.....I think the Hidden is the prefect visibility because it's like my sub-conscious can see him - I always shoot him on instinct without thinking.

salith
20th December 2007, 17:57
practiced a bit with a friend yesterday, did hear it but very faint even with sound high

also learnt a bit better to see the hidden.. still hard though-_-

Back on topic...

Good. Glad you're finally getting the hang of it and now know what to look for too.
As was said, it takes practice to get used to what to look for.

Master of Puppets
21st December 2007, 03:41
I think hes a bit too much visible imho...