PDA

View Full Version : Would this place make a good Hidden map?

Sithun
26th November 2007, 13:27
http://www.pbase.com/jakobe/stallberg

hdn_stallberg perhaps? Is there anyone else here who feels this might actually make a good hidden map?

If anyone knows of other locations that might make a good and original hdn_map, please post pics and/or url's.

Hannibal
26th November 2007, 13:44
I think it's too big, too many camping places and too many levels on that house...
A good hidden map should be simple, like stalkyard.
But I do like that it's in Sweden ^^.

Sithun
26th November 2007, 13:52
Well, you dont have to do the mines, just the interior of the buildings on ground-level.

Oh, and i found another one, an old abandoned nazi research-facility:
http://www.pbase.com/jakobe/falkenhagen&page=all

Paegus
26th November 2007, 17:30
some of the internals look quite nice and gloomy. there's no reason not to give a bit of altitude though. just make sure you don't give the hidden too much of an advantage while avoiding OMG-INVISIBLE-WALL! syndrome... *cough*trainyard*cough*derelict*cough*etc*cough*

Cheesey
26th November 2007, 17:34
Stallberg looks a lil bit big indeed. If you want to make a good map out of it, you must be careful by choosing what you take in and what not. Could be difficult to map...

I'd prefer the falkenhagen. It really looks scary and left. Maybe you should change the height in the rooms, but then it could be a really nice and scary hidden-map!

Demented
26th November 2007, 22:45
Good lord. Stallberg already looks like it's in a game, I don't know why you'd need to make a map of it. =P
I'd swear the lighting is rendered.

khu
26th November 2007, 22:52
Looks like it would make a great TF2 map :)

CP_Ställberg here I come!

-SM-SUCKER
26th November 2007, 23:26
Isn't this a level for the upcoming S.T.A.L.K.E.R. addon? Sure looks alike :)

Cheesey
27th November 2007, 12:20
Looks like it would make a great TF2 map :)

CP_Ställberg here I come!

Now as you mentioned it... yes! :D

Sithun
28th November 2007, 05:37
Well, im sketching up some floor-plans over what might become hdn_falkenhagen. Im going to try and make the ceilings a bit higher too. See if ill come up with something.

Crazy idea: The whole falkenhagen complex looks like perfect material for any horror-film. what if i can make random 614 sounds play as you walk through the dimly lit corridors? like once every turn or so, or even less? mwhahahahaa

Cheesey
28th November 2007, 13:25
Well, im sketching up some floor-plans over what might become hdn_falkenhagen. Im going to try and make the ceilings a bit higher too. See if ill come up with something.

Crazy idea: The whole falkenhagen complex looks like perfect material for any horror-film. what if i can make random 614 sounds play as you walk through the dimly lit corridors? like once every turn or so, or even less? mwhahahahaa

Sounds nice, but who is 614? ;)

Sithun
29th November 2007, 10:21
Sounds nice, but who is 614? ;)

Whoops, typo. I meant 617. :)

Sithun
29th November 2007, 11:13
Excuse the dubble-post. Here's another one: http://www.pbase.com/jakobe/sugar_mills

Cheesey
29th November 2007, 12:43
It also looks rather nice. Especially the insides. But I like the falkenhagen more...