PDA

View Full Version : Forum suggestion

TheOtherDante
25th November 2007, 21:49
Maybe we should make a sticky for a custom spray share/request thread

Ging
25th November 2007, 21:53
We don't get enough requests to make it worth while.

TheOtherDante
25th November 2007, 22:41
maybe there would be more if there was one.

Ging
25th November 2007, 23:21
That's true... but do we really want to encourage it?

If people want to request one, they'll do so - with or without a stickied thread, which'd just take up room at the top of a forum somewhere and barely get used.

TheOtherDante
26th November 2007, 00:32
why not if you dont mind me asking?

im sure a few of the members of this community wont mind making sprays for others(me being one)

khu
26th November 2007, 00:40
Go ahead and make a thread if you want, OK? Not having a sticky doesn't prevent you from doing it and making sprays, does it?

TheOtherDante
26th November 2007, 00:52
True but the reason i would like a sticky is so that it isnt pushed back too far and forgotten. cause who would go past the third page for a thread.

khu
26th November 2007, 01:01
Well, nobody wants their thread forgotten, so should we just sticky all threads? Come on. Just suck it up and make your thread, and drop this issue.

Isolation
26th November 2007, 01:25
True but the reason i would like a sticky is so that it isnt pushed back too far and forgotten. cause who would go past the third page for a thread.

All the more reason to update it ;)

Make a new spray, post it. Seems simple enough.

Cheesey
26th November 2007, 17:33
QFT! We all know that the stickies are barely read, and we also once started a Custom Spray request-thread (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=7042&highlight=spray+logo), but it died...

So if you would like to do some sprays, put it in the thread for custom sprays... maybe you can reanimate it ;)

TheOtherDante
26th November 2007, 17:39
*wippes out necromacing cook book*

ill get right on that

Daedalus
26th November 2007, 18:33
You know, you could just link the thread you want to make in your sig.

Isolation
27th November 2007, 00:35
*wippes out necromacing cook book*

ill get right on that

I never felt it was necroposting when one is simply updating a thread, regardless of age (in most cases, at any rate). Otherwise, Ging & co. would be guilty of a bit of necro when it comes to the main page :D

Demented
27th November 2007, 01:23
The main page doesn't leap up to the top of a list when you update it. =P
Though, to some extent I see posting in really old stickies as necroposting, simply because the sticky is so old it's been gathering cobwebs. And the main page definitely suffers from that.