PDA

View Full Version : Trip Wire Pipe Bombs

TheOtherDante
24th October 2007, 14:54
I thought about this for while just wasnt too sure weather i should post it or not. basically the idea is to add a secondary fire to the pipebombs that the hidden already has. all the secondary fire would do is leave a pipe bomb near a wall of some sort and when the iris passes that point on the wall the pipe bomb explodes. thus a trip wire pipebomb. i figure u can give it the same delaytime to set up as the sonic alarm and keep the pipebomb visible to the iris(unless the hidden knows how to hide it;)). pipe bombs that are planted still take away from the hiddens current supply(obvoiusly) and are unretriveable, also can be detonated by other means (ie gun fire, physics object). i guess this suggestion does favor the hidden more but he's going up agianst a "well trianed well armed" squad of specilist.

i hope this forms a fiar discussion and isnt ginged right off the bat.

well later.

salith
24th October 2007, 15:51
Does actually sound like an interesting concept, and it just seems to play off the sonic alarm scripts (or whatever, I'm most certainly not a coder).
*Wonders if Ging will comment*

-SM-SUCKER
24th October 2007, 16:14
Well that has been suggested before. But the discussion drove off topic, like so many threads!

Paegus
24th October 2007, 17:13
as i recall they usually go off topic after being no'd... again.

Boat Builder
24th October 2007, 17:33
Promotes iris camping imo. :D

Beyond that, it sounds fairly fanciful.

Euphoria
24th October 2007, 20:27
Promotes iris camping imo. :D

Beyond that, it sounds fairly fanciful.

And hidden camping as well, unless u try and 'herd' the Iris into one of these trip pipe bombs, they can only be used in the play style of nading and hiding, which is fun for no one.

TheChrist
24th October 2007, 20:40
And hidden camping as well, unless u try and 'herd' the Iris into one of these trip pipe bombs, they can only be used in the play style of nading and hiding, which is fun for no one.

And so what does the IRIS Sonic Alarm do?

Boat Builder
24th October 2007, 21:14
And so what does the IRIS Sonic Alarm do?

Not a whole lot.

I use them to make funny noises sometimes. :)

TheMorris
25th October 2007, 05:32
You should keep the trip mine mechanic to one side, as giving both sides the same mechanic does not make them stand out enough.

killerking_swe
25th October 2007, 11:16
Well i guess this wire thing coud be abused pretty mutch, say you just plant the thing right in the start by a fast hidden that gets to IRIS in 3 jumps and volia, the hole group gets blow up after the 10 first seconds, its not mutch diffrent from throwing the danm thing..

Not that i whant to go off topic but nonetheless whant to start a new one of my own thoughs: Throwing knifes woud be cool, minimum damage though like 10-25hp and you they limited like pipe bombs. (and they stick to the IRIS through the game) (Knife in the head, kinky)
Som sort of grenade that makes the hidden visable for a amount of time, it woud be cool if you know hes hideing behind that box or just grenades in general that you coud throw.
The punch idea but thats already in B5 i guess, just to mess whit IRIS.(Woot!)
Although traps coud be given to the IRIS, plant a mine/charge (thats very visable) and in hiddens escape fury pounches through it. Basicly more gadjets woud be cool.

Anyway im sure these all is already in som tread "Not going to happen" but its fun to come whit suggestions.

-SM-SUCKER
25th October 2007, 11:22
Not that i whant to go off topic but nonetheless whant to start a new one of my own thoughs: Throwing knifes woud be cool, minimum damage though like 10-25hp and you they limited like pipe bombs. (and they stick to the IRIS through the game) (Knife in the head, kinky)
Som sort of grenade that makes the hidden visable for a amount of time, it woud be cool if you know hes hideing behind that box or just grenades in general that you coud throw.
Although traps coud be given to the IRIS, plant a mine/charge (thats very visable) and in hiddens escape fury pounches through it. Basicly more gadjets woud be cool.

Anyway im sure these all is already in som tread "Not going to happen" but its fun to come whit suggestions.
I think it's in the very BIG sticky, especially the throwing knifes one.

TheChrist
25th October 2007, 11:34

Although, there's NOTHING against non-ranged weapons.

killerking_swe
25th October 2007, 14:57

Ah i never relly botherd to read them, i dont relly know what to suggest relly, sense its pretty restricted that the dev already made thier mind about the game.

Well if you whant it i coud bring up another shotgun-overpowerd tread ^^

lcpuche
25th October 2007, 15:57
maybe if the hidden used already planted sonics and somehow made the pipe bomb react with it

TheChrist
25th October 2007, 16:27
maybe if the hidden used already planted sonics and somehow made the pipe bomb react with it

That too would be awesome, would discourage those damn campers...

Euphoria
25th October 2007, 20:18
Throwing knifes woud be cool, minimum damage though like 10-25hp and you they limited like pipe bombs. (and they stick to the IRIS through the game) (Knife in the head, kinky)
I swear thats against the stickies...
I know this ones against the stickies..
Although traps coud be given to the IRIS, plant a mine/charge (thats very visable) More camping encouraging devicesand in hiddens escape fury pounches through it. Basicly more gadjets woud be cool.

sorry to be so negative..

starstriker1
26th October 2007, 05:25
Well if you whant it i coud bring up another shotgun-overpowerd tread ^^

Which would make a lot more sense if we hadn't already tweaked the hell out of the damn thing in internal builds. :P