PDA

View Full Version : Poison

naksu
19th October 2007, 17:41
I think it would be sweet if there would be poison needles.
as an item to pick like the flashlight..
what you could do is inject dead corpses, so when the hidden eats em, he looses like 10hp or inject yourself and loose 20hp and the hidden looses 10hp if he tries to eat you.
the iris should be able to see on radar what and who is poisoned..

Daedalus
19th October 2007, 17:48
I think it would be sweet if there would be poison needles.
as an item to pick like the flashlight..
what you could do is inject dead corpses, so when the hidden eats em, he looses like 10hp or inject yourself and loose 20hp and the hidden looses 10hp if he tries to eat you.
the iris should be able to see on radar what and who is poisoned..

Well, certainly haven't heard of something like this before, but how will this tie in with the story?

naksu
19th October 2007, 18:08
how? uhm more than steroids.
actually a group that hunts for an invisible man would have infrared, but that would be to easy. i guess they didnt have time for shopping. they know that hidden eats people. its a magayver weapon against it.. think about it. how do you kill something that ats people?

so it would be a improvised weapon just like the bombs. i think it fits good in the story

Ging
19th October 2007, 19:34
how do you kill something that ats people?

Shoot it?

Demented
19th October 2007, 21:57
Well, excuse me, but I ain't stabbing myself with some deadly needle so I can poison some guy after I'm dead. Nuh uh, no sir. And I'd frankly not be too keen on injecting somebody's dead corpse either.
"What are you doing, Frank?"
"Waiting for you to die so I can inject you with poison."
"Okay. That's not awkward."
"So... Can you hurry up already?"

khu
19th October 2007, 22:23
I like the fact that the idea is very much 'thinking outside the box', though I have to agree that it just doesn't seem right for elite mercenaries to inject their dead comrades' corpses with poison in pursuit of an escaped freak.

Paegus
19th October 2007, 23:37
it also kind of makes the assumption that they went into this with some level of planning and preparation as opposed to the "oh shi! kill it!" approach they seem to have taken. otherwise surely one of them would have said "guys, seriously... thermal goggles."

wont go into why i doubt they'd actually work though beyond saying the bigger the wavelength the easier it is to shroud.

i suppose you could tie the adrenaline shot into it somehow. inject yourself and if you die while 'high' it isn't flushed properly and the meat tastes funny... and gives very little health. same thing if you kill someone who just got team-303ed :D

i fail to see how being poisoned would make you show up on radar though. i mean... wth?

naksu
20th October 2007, 00:00
yeah the radar part wasnt really "planned" but so people dont waste good poison on allready poisoned people, or it could do double dmg if 2people poisons?
and only 1poison needle.

TheChrist
20th October 2007, 13:46
How does that work?

I mean, you inject them sure, but the body is dead.

The blood is not rushing around the body, and so the poison will only affect one area of the body...

Daedalus
20th October 2007, 13:51
How does that work?

I mean, you inject them sure, but the body is dead.

The blood is not rushing around the body, and so the poison will only affect one area of the body...

You know, he has a point...

ProgrammedToConsume
20th October 2007, 19:24
The heart would keep pumping for a while unless 617's knife directly hit their heart.(Well that or if something else stopped it)

Explanation 2:617 can only feed off x area of the corpses so the iris inject that area.

Explanation 3: The poison is more of a virus and it goes around infecting what cells are still alive and spreading.

Stupid explanations but they work.

TheChrist
20th October 2007, 19:31
The heart would keep pumping for a while unless 617's knife directly hit their heart.(Well that or if something else stopped it)

No, after a hidden has killed someone, who is really brave enough to risk an attack after the person has just been killed?

Also, blood will splurt out of the cuts, presuming he hits a vein or an artery.

Explanation 2:617 can only feed off x area of the corpses so the iris inject that area.

Doesn't work... Presuming the hidden feeds off of muscle, he can feed off of almost any part of the body.

Presuming he feeds off of the internal organs, it's pretty hard to inject every organ...

Explanation 3: The poison is more of a virus and it goes around infecting what cells are still alive and spreading.

As explained in answer 1, who's brave enough to do it, right after a kill?

Also, blood will die quickly, coagulation...

Stupid explanations but they work.

No they don't...

ProgrammedToConsume
20th October 2007, 19:35
Someone brave who's good at spotting the hidden.

TheChrist
20th October 2007, 20:11
Someone brave who's good at spotting the hidden.

While they're looking down at the body...

ProgrammedToConsume
20th October 2007, 20:22
This depends on how long it'll take them to jab a vial of poison into the body. Thus the word "brave" is added.

TheChrist
20th October 2007, 20:35
This depends on how long it'll take them to jab a vial of poison into the body. Thus the word "brave" is added.

Surely Hidden would be smart enough to slash someone who tries, or just drags off the body.

Aaron Thy Baron
20th October 2007, 20:42
I like the sound of blood splurting out of iris, unless that topic has already been adressed. Such as, dieing from bleeding to death.....somehow

ProgrammedToConsume
20th October 2007, 22:39
Surely Hidden would be smart enough to slash someone who tries, or just drags off the body.

I'd rather mess with them all than kill them quickly but to each his own.

TheChrist
21st October 2007, 11:06
I'd rather mess with them all than kill them quickly but to each his own.

Fine, you drag the body, and start messing with the IRIS with it...

They won't be able to inject it in time...

naksu
21st October 2007, 14:19
or spray the body, like "bugSpray" :P you could spray on your mates so the hidden wount eat em upp. preserve the buddies and honor..

TheChrist
21st October 2007, 16:55
or spray the body, like "bugSpray" :P you could spray on your mates so the hidden wount eat em upp. preserve the buddies and honor..

I think that's more natural then by choice...

KrazyKain
21st October 2007, 22:33
or how about just put a trigger bomb on the corpse instead? hidden tries to eat it, and it goes boom.. or at the very least an alarm

TheChrist
22nd October 2007, 08:40
or how about just put a trigger bomb on the corpse instead? hidden tries to eat it, and it goes boom.. or at the very least an alarm

Again, the hidden just doesn't eat from that area.

Isolation
22nd October 2007, 08:45
...why is this thread still alive?

What's next? Maybe Infinitium injected the team with a virus that only activates post-mortem and ONLY if a team member remembers to swallow the catalyst in his tooth?

Hows aboot we leave the near perfectly balanced health regeneration method for 617 alone.

TheOtherDante
22nd October 2007, 13:10
doesnt the 303 already do that:confused:

i mean all you would have to do is catch the hidden off guard while he's feeding and you've accomplished the taks of poisining him without the silly use of neddles in your fallen comrades.

Boat Builder
22nd October 2007, 19:23
i mean all you would have to do is catch the hidden off guard while he's feeding and you've accomplished the taks of poisining him without the silly use of neddles in your fallen comrades.

Or better yet, give them the ability to pump the body full of 303 pellets.

617 takes a bite, starts getting kinda woozy, then faints. Problem solved.

TheOtherDante
23rd October 2007, 21:37
u know boat that sounds like a good idea lets say we experiment with it
*points 303 at him*