PDA

View Full Version : Stamina drain with heavy objects

-SM-SUCKER
18th October 2007, 16:49
I was thinking about other ways of limiting the Hiddens ability to kill with one hit using propane tanks etc. And that's what I came up with:

According to the energy you give a certain object you lose stamina. Not much on slow throws but much more one the 50+ damage ones. Maybe an exponential increase. If you haven't got enough stamina left the throwing force is limited of course.

This way a one hit kill would mean that the Hidden loses a great amount of stamina, leaving him without the means to leap away quickly.

The main drawback that I see here is the way it could/would slow down gameplay.

VV Feel free to discuss VV

TheChrist
18th October 2007, 16:58
Since the devs are already discussing a weaker max hit...

I have my dbouts on weakening it EVEN more.

Paegus
18th October 2007, 17:38
this would be more of an "instead of" as opposed to an "even more"

would be interesting to try though.

-SM-SUCKER
18th October 2007, 17:46
Definatly "instead of" because I would like to see the gibbage by barrel still in place when B5 comes out. It's just something that can really scare the shit out of any noob when they see someone die that way :eek:

Paegus
18th October 2007, 19:48
i'm still not at all fond of the whole wayward awp deal though

shouldn't be too hard to rig a special case where if the resulting health count of the victim would be say -70 (aka he had sod all hp left anyway) triggers a gib.

Isolation
18th October 2007, 21:07
i'm still not at all fond of the whole wayward awp deal though

shouldn't be too hard to rig a special case where if the resulting health count of the victim would be say -70 (aka he had sod all hp left anyway) triggers a gib.

This I like, rather than simply leaving the 500 damage kill. Maintains balance while still giving the thrill kill.

Boat Builder
18th October 2007, 23:41
I like it. As others have said, it would of course be this or the max damage.

It'd be sort of a "do or die" situation ;)

You miss him, he tears you into bits, you hit him and he explodes.

Promotes teamwork in a way.

EDIT: I think the totally slow to almost totally slow shouldn't affect your stamina at all though (or a very, very, little amount)... since i find it pretty balanced as it is.

Norodo
19th October 2007, 16:57
This would pretty much discourage physkill practise... :S I know I wouldn't be trying it if it made my stamina drain. It's too hard already for me.

TheChrist
19th October 2007, 17:25
This would pretty much discourage physkill practise... :S I know I wouldn't be trying it if it made my stamina drain. It's too hard already for me.

AGREED!

Seriously, after this happens, only a few physers would be left...

After that, no-one can phys...

Paegus
19th October 2007, 20:06
as a side shoot: throwing props does not drain the stamina but the maximum damage/speed/whatever a prop can achieve is determined by how much stamina you have and stamina does not regenerate while holding heavier (>25?) props.

Genre
19th October 2007, 20:23
as a side shoot: throwing props does not drain the stamina but the maximum damage/speed/whatever a prop can achieve is determined by how much stamina you have and stamina does not regenerate while holding heavier (>25?) props.

I like this idea much better.

Demented
19th October 2007, 21:17
Now you're just getting nutty. Damage determined by stamina? Ka'dang.