PDA

View Full Version : Future Maps/ a few suggestions

Jesus Saves
13th October 2007, 05:53
Hey, ive been playing with my friends for awhile. and we all kind of agree that the maps are alittle too bright, and alittle hard for the Hidden player.

Since the game is supposed to be scary, I think it would be awesome if u kinda made some maps that were really really dark alsmost every where u went. this is would Give the night vision goggles and the flashlight a purpose, instead of every one just picking the laser sight.

And also, since you dont have a cross hair (which is think is a great idea) i think you should allow the player to aim down the sight of all the guns (mainly P90). that way you also dont always have to have the laser sight.

And I know you guys said you werent going to add new guns.... but where is the M4 and the MP5? =)

Boat Builder
13th October 2007, 05:57
I think iron sights are being added in beta 5.

If you want a dark map, i strongly suggest playing hdn_decay.

(although, i swear, i find really dark spots harder as hidden than IRIS) :p

Jesus Saves
13th October 2007, 06:04
I played Decay and origin. which were the darkest maps i found. Decay was the closest to what im talking about but i used the flashlight and still didnt find it much useful.

and thats awesome if they are doing that in Beta 5... when is it coming out??

Boat Builder
13th October 2007, 06:07
Nobody has any info of that sort, the best you'll get is something along the lines of: "It's done when it's done"

But my fingers are crossed for sure ;)

TheChrist
13th October 2007, 09:29
Iron sights are being added...

Also, I generally only use the Flash light and Adrenaline.

I'm too scared to use the goggles (damn, that was the name of a tker I was playing with yesterday...) because I think I won't be able to see the hidden...

I only ever use the L.A.M when I use the FN303LLL...

Daedalus
13th October 2007, 10:07
I'm too scared to use the goggles (damn, that was the name of a tker I was playing with yesterday...) because I think I won't be able to see the hidden...

Right now they're really good on decay and origin.

Paegus
13th October 2007, 11:30
the problem with overly dark maps is that players can just juice their gamma to insanely high levels. as for levels being harder for the hidden... that depends entirely on the hidden or iris players and their proficiency at positioning themselves to avoid detection or spotting movement respectively.