PDA

View Full Version : A New Idea to added SCARY

ViniH
9th October 2007, 16:14
I've had an idea, let me know what you think.

A new ability for the hidden called "taunt".

Basically when activated the hidden becomes invulnerable and visible for 5 seconds - just enough time to do a verbal taunt (such as YOU'RE NEXT) right in the face of the IRIS, and then get away. It is important that you cannot inflict harm while under the effects of this ability (cannot knife or use nades).

Picture this: The last man standing is surrounded by the mangled and/or pinned corpses of his team, you creep up behind him, activate the ability and utter "You're next". It would cause instant panic as the guy spins round to see you stood right there behind him. Helpess to act as you pounce away back into invisibility.

hutch
9th October 2007, 16:24
I've had an idea, let me know what you think.

A new ability for the hidden called "taunt".

Basically when activated the hidden becomes invulnerable and visible for 5 seconds - just enough time to do a verbal taunt (such as YOU'RE NEXT) right in the face of the IRIS, and then get away. It is important that you cannot inflict harm while under the effects of this ability (cannot knife or use nades).

Picture this: The last man standing is surrounded by the mangled and/or pinned corpses of his team, you creep up behind him, activate the ability and utter "You're next". It would cause instant panic as the guy spins round to see you stood right there behind him. Helpess to act as you pounce away back into invisibility.

Read the rules. No, no, and ginged.

Daedalus
9th October 2007, 16:32
Basically when activated the hidden becomes invulnerable and visible for 5 seconds

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/4571/faceoh0.png

Paegus
9th October 2007, 16:49
official reason: if the hidden had control over his ability to be invisible then the experiment of which he was part would not have been considered a failure

Donat
9th October 2007, 17:57
I thought he was considered a failure because he gouged out his eyes, became psychopathic, killed all the lab techs and escaped.

even more so that he was a success except for:

a series of tests on Subject 617 led to a massive synaptic trauma leaving the patient with multiple genetic anomalies.

The subject was left in constant pain and with unstable DNA. The subject escaped captivity, killing anyone that got in its way.

I actually never heard anything about him not being able to control it, or for that fact THAT he COULD control it. Just that it enimnates around him and anything with longterm exposure to him (such as knife) becomes invisible as well.

I can see him jumping down from the catwalk on sewers, hunker down and some sort of invisible-visible flake effect go "COME ON!" Flash invisible and pounce away haha but invurerable? thats just stupid, some one will make a script to spam the taunt endlessly thus rendering themselves GOD and kill mercilessly

Paegus
9th October 2007, 18:20
i'm sure i've read it somewhere. they wanted him to be an assassin but since he (and through mental conditioning: they) couldn't exert any control over his invisibility it was deemed a failure so they tinkered around some more for the hell of it and he went bonzo. and i for one shan't take that quote too literally. since 'synaptic trauma' has sod all to do with 'genetic anomalies'. :D

TheChrist
9th October 2007, 19:10
It justs make it unfair to be a camper that way...

Hidden, just becomes visable and walks over to the campers and then pounces onto them as he turns "invisable", could easily be used as an exploit.

Cheesey
9th October 2007, 20:10
Yep. And why to get visible for that anyway? Creep behind an IRIS, press "YOUR NEXT" an keep being invisible is as scary as if you would be visible ;)
PLUS the IRIS-guy has no chance to follow you with the eyes, cause even if you get invisible after that, it's easier to see the scheme of 617...

Boat Builder
9th October 2007, 20:34
Basically when activated the hidden becomes invulnerable and visible for 5 seconds - just enough time to do a verbal taunt (such as YOU'RE NEXT) right in the face of the IRIS, and then get away.

You can already do this. Except right now there is actually a risk that you might get shot. (which makes it much more fun)

If i hear "you're next", and i turn around just too see some invulnerable guy that can't even hurt me... well there's no way i'm freaking out. :)

Can't See
9th October 2007, 20:35
I have noticed since coming into the hidden community back in the beginning that you ALWAYS have these weird/lame ideas from NEW GUYS!!!!

Let me tell you why it is pointless.

What is any different than pouncing right behind them taunting them, spray wall right behind them and then pounce away? They still spaz and unload on nothing. They see spray and see how close you were.

What about on Sewers, pounce and land in the water right in front them causing a big splash then pouncing out. It still has a "scare" factor.

It is simple things that you can do to play mind games with the people.

Bottom line is that your idea is alot of pointless coding. That is no different than what is in now.

ViniH
10th October 2007, 01:28
It was just an idea, Jesus H Christ if you guys are so hostile to newcomers it's no wonder the hidden community isn't growing very fast.

FYI: I've been playing hidden since it more or less came out and I've been lurking these forums for a long time too.

Boat Builder
10th October 2007, 01:52
It was just an idea, Jesus H Christ if you guys are so hostile to newcomers it's no wonder the hidden community isn't growing very fast.

FYI: I've been playing hidden since it more or less came out and I've been lurking these forums for a long time too.

Yeah, the suggestion stuff here can get pretty harsh sometimes, but as with anything forum related, try your best not to take it personally.

Most people do try to stay constructive.

EDIT: It would need a touch of tweaking too work properly, since you could just hit that button when you're in that position we're all familiar with. (the out in the open, no stamina, guns pointing straight at you kind of position)

Maybe it would just require stamina or something of the like. Although i still sort of think it would detract from the intensity.

Hatchacha. :)

VoiceOfDecember
10th October 2007, 07:40
Yea the idea isn't to fab. Personally if I saw 617 in plain sight I'd hold my fire and wait till he went invisible again and pound him (unless ur goes behind something or in another room). Either way it wouldn't be scary, just something thats gonna let me see exactly or in general where he is.

But I would like to see 617 pounce thru the air looking like a hunchback in plain sight, no cloak. That would look so funny hahaha

Ging
10th October 2007, 11:07
It was just an idea

That we've heard of before (if not exactly the same, than pretty damned close) a thousand times - which is the exact reason we have the sticky at the top of this very forum that says "read this before posting any form of suggestion (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=6549)".

Cheesey
10th October 2007, 13:41
Ginged! If you are lurking around for such a long time, you should have known that one ;)

TheOtherDante
10th October 2007, 15:41
Thats not scray. Ill tell you whats scary, having to put up with my crazy anniticts while trying to play hidden source. Its a scary thought having this one strange guy who apparently thinks he's a pirate ninja talking over the mic every 2 secs about random crap. Hell anyone who plays with me ethier is insane themselves or some kinda siant, becuase last night some guy insisted on tking me every round becuase he didnt like my voice. We eventually inmasculated him enough for him to just leave. But ya how do poeple put up with me. Boogles my mind :confused:.