PDA

View Full Version : Game Mode #2

Evostance
9th October 2007, 02:18
Ok before you ask what game mode #1 is...thats the original hidden

My idea was that how about making it so the hidden can stick to walls only for a set amount of time and then needs to recharge. Another idea to and could be that using the hiddens speed power, the hidden was run across walls. Maybe have it so the hidden will give of a green glow every now and then to stop him from camping

This would be a game mode on the server side, like gun game etc in CS:S

Comments?

Boat Builder
9th October 2007, 02:22
1) I consider overrun a second gametype. (edit: and of course hex once the next version rolls on in)

2) I forget in what thread, but Ging has definitely no-ed running on walls. It's a cling.

And the bit about recharging your wall cling is already in the ordinary game.

;)

EDIT: I gotta say though, a glowing green hidden would look pretty funny.

Demented
9th October 2007, 03:49
How about a substantially different game mode?

Such as IRIS falling from the sky with pistols.
That would be fun.

Paegus
9th October 2007, 05:52
tug of war (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showpost.php?p=111871&postcount=9)!

Cheesey
9th October 2007, 12:12
tug of war (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showpost.php?p=111871&postcount=9)!

It's a pitty I missed this thread! This idea is awesome!

Ging
9th October 2007, 12:22
It's a pitty I missed this thread! This idea is awesome!

That's sarcasm, right?

Evostance
9th October 2007, 12:41
Well, then being able to cling on the walls should be a addon or something.

How about this for a game mode.

The Hidden has to try and get more liquid stuff to stay invisible.

Like CTF. The IRIS have to kill and stop the hidden getting the liquid that makes him invisible

The Hidden has to try and get the liquid to keep himself invisible. Eventuall after time the hidden slowly becomes visible, becoming easier to see

Ging
9th October 2007, 14:02
Well, then being able to cling on the walls should be a addon or something.

He already clings to walls - why should it be an addon?

How about this for a game mode.

How about you read this (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=6549)?

scratch
9th October 2007, 17:31

That would be fun.

You nailed it. LMAO.

TheChrist
9th October 2007, 18:12
technically game mode #4?

Hdn_
Ovr_
and Classic are the first 3 types.

Cheesey
9th October 2007, 19:14

That would be fun.

:D Demented vs. Evostance: 1:0...

technically game mode #4?

Hdn_
Ovr_
and Classic are the first 3 types.

if you count classic, it would be number 5, you forgot the hex-mode in B5...

Paegus
9th October 2007, 20:53
5 in the what now?

the 2 active modes are normal (hdn_ maps) and overrun (ovr_ maps). the new mode (3) for beta 5 is extraction (hex_ maps).

server settings like weighted, classic and random selection are not game modes as they currently play an active role in all 3 (hdn, ovr and hex) official game modes

Demented
9th October 2007, 21:38
If you want to get really pedantic, don't forget trn_ maps.
Admittedly, it's nothing but a single player running around while the rest don't even get to spectate.

Cheesey
10th October 2007, 12:36
If you want to get really pedantic, don't forget trn_ maps.
Admittedly, it's nothing but a single player running around while the rest don't even get to spectate.

No, you cant count these as map-mode... there is only ONE map, and I think it's not on purpose, that you can "join"...

TheChrist
10th October 2007, 15:46
Link me to hex mode?

Or give me a real explanation of it.

Isolation
10th October 2007, 20:44
Well, if a extra mode is ever added, there is only one choice: Pistol Versus Phys.

Demented
10th October 2007, 21:01
No, you cant count these as map-mode... there is only ONE map, and I think it's not on purpose, that you can "join"...

It'd be so easy to make another map...
Admittedly, the point of doing so eludes me. Unless you wanted to make a singleplayer obstacle course.

On the other hand, being able to spawn other players/hiddens by in-map trigger could turn the TRN game type into an interesting multiplayer mode.

Paegus
10th October 2007, 21:49
Well, if a extra mode is ever added, there is only one choice: Pistol Versus Phys.

/is working on that right now actually. no primaries + infinite pistol ammo vs no knife + more stamina + fractional hp regen on phys hits (since the lack of a knife means you can feed eh?)

Demented
10th October 2007, 23:48
What would happen if you get a 3100 damage physkill? (number taken at random)

Isolation
10th October 2007, 23:56
I'd rather a static health regen in that case. 1-5 HP for a phys hit (server variable?).

Paegus
11th October 2007, 06:03
the most damage i've ever seen done is 500. but that's beside the point. anything over 100 is treated as 100 for regen purposes. it defaults to damage/4 so 100dmg gives you 25hp while 5dmg gives you 1hp. the divisor is a cvar though and being a text based script you could edit it to do as you please... assuming i do it properly/release worthy and stop just killing everyone on unload as opposed to being nice and carefully restoring the weapons. so far i can't be arsed to track players individually :D

TheChrist
11th October 2007, 06:53
I'd rather a static health regen in that case. 1-5 HP for a phys hit (server variable?).

5 phys damage = 1hp.

/is working on that right now actually. no primaries + infinite pistol ammo vs no knife + more stamina + fractional hp regen on phys hits (since the lack of a knife means you can feed eh?)

Strange thing is, I tried this just yesterday...

IRIS Always ran out of ammo before killing me, so we always ended up having a normal game in the end.

I was proud of myself aswell...

I hit about 30 damage on someone with the cash register.

I was so happy.

TheOtherDante
11th October 2007, 13:12
that would be an excellent game mode for this game. ive been doing that with friends for a while to practice physing while still playing the game but to actually turn it into a mode would be awsome, oh and health recover option sould be server sided with a guage for amount recovered per damage. some like 1:1 or 1:5 so on and so on. you could probally lock the hiddens hp at 100 so 500 hits just fully recharge him.

Paegus
11th October 2007, 14:03
currently:
500dmg hits are converted to 100dmg ones as far as the script is concerned.
the recovery factor is a server variable: damage/pvp_refactor
hidden health is of course limited to 100hp.

still trying to figure out how to hand out ammo cleanly though.

Boat Builder
11th October 2007, 23:49
still trying to figure out how to hand out ammo cleanly though.

If that's a problem, couldn't you just use the ammo thingies from overrun?

Make that gametype work Paegus, and you are certainly a hero.

TheOtherDante
12th October 2007, 01:57
all hail paeg the ultimate coder

Isolation
12th October 2007, 02:20
all hail paeg the ultimate coder

I get the feeling you missed Phaedrus' Jihad Mod. THAT was a great work of art.

Paegus
12th October 2007, 06:08
or his entire thread (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=7871)... he had like 20?

update:
no point in clean ammo giving. it doesn't weigh you down and you can't use it if you don't have a pistol to fire.

added an automatic mode (pvp_mode -1) that lets you leave the script running but will only activate if there is pvp_automax or less IRIS playing as well. default is 1 so when it's 1v1 PvP mode takes effect.

changed pvp_refactor to a multiplier because at the end of the day x0.25 = /4 and i can ignore zeros.

everything works except the weapon strip and restore. well the restore part specifically. can't seem to give an iris a gun so everyone runs around whining bitterly about it. alternatively i haven't found a way to strip only a certain weapons ... which i'd rather do so they can keep their 303s and cans of audio spam.

Demented
12th October 2007, 07:05
Phys vs. 303s? Cruel.

TheOtherDante
12th October 2007, 17:27
I get the feeling you missed Phaedrus' Jihad Mod. THAT was a great work of art.

actually i played that mod and speaking of which what happen to the gamerslobby server i dont see it anymore on the list. it makes me kinda sad, i had some good times on the server:(. they had a ton of mods that made the game a bit more interesting.;)

I hope they return bigger and badder than before.:D

Isolation
12th October 2007, 20:05
actually i played that mod and speaking of which what happen to the gamerslobby server i dont see it anymore on the list. it makes me kinda sad, i had some good times on the server:(. they had a ton of mods that made the game a bit more interesting.;)

I hope they return bigger and badder than before.:D

I think it came down to money issues, but Zab/Phaed/Angel will probably know better.

Paegus
12th October 2007, 21:41
ok well apart from some weird math bug with the 500dmg hits it seems to be working pretty well now.

haven't done anything with stamina pool or regeneration yet and frankly i'm not sure if i want to. mucking about with that might mess with how people pace themselves.

By default it gives out 7 extra pistol magazines (10 in total) so ammo is still a commodity you just wont run out as fast. infinite ammo doesn't play right imo.

there are no primaries and there probably wont be either. handing out 303s would be fun and all but if the player didn't spawn that round with a specific gun they can't be given it :confused:

it's currently running on Clandestine Cake in automatic mode so 1v1 if you want to try it out.

Boat Builder
12th October 2007, 23:30
I'll go try to get into the cake server there then!

Never played there before i don't think. (as it's sorta far from me i think)

Good choice not changing the stamina. I would get all confused and stop when i still have more. (or get scared when i don't have as much, either way)

EDIT: Good times.