PDA

View Full Version : Optionally silent sonic alarms?

TheChrist
25th September 2007, 13:41
Well, going through the replies here (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=8834)

It seemed that a few people prefered having there silent alarms, so could there be an extra slot for "silent sonic alarms" or a switch next to the sonic alarms allowing for silent sonic alarms.

Ging
25th September 2007, 14:09
Well, going through the replies here (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=8834)

It seemed that a few people prefered having there silent alarms, so could there be an extra slot for "silent sonic alarms" or a switch next to the sonic alarms allowing for silent sonic alarms.

There could, but there won't be.

Paegus
25th September 2007, 15:26
delete .../hidden/sound/weapon/sonic/alarm.wav?

console spam aside you wont hear them anymore...

TheChrist
25th September 2007, 15:26
There could, but there won't be.

Any particular reason?

Or are you being a lazy coder?

Or are you up to your neck in developing H:S?

salith
25th September 2007, 15:39

Way to win Ging over... perhaps you could go code your own Mod?

Paegus
25th September 2007, 15:41
but coders are by their very nature lazy... it's an integral component to finding quicker, easier though often dirtier ways to convince a system to do what they want it to.

Ging
25th September 2007, 17:41
Any particular reason?

Or are you up to your neck in developing H:S?

Because I don't like the idea... Which should've been clear from when I said it wasn't going to happen.

salith
25th September 2007, 20:04
but coders are by their very nature lazy... it's an integral component to finding quicker, easier though often dirtier ways to convince a system to do what they want it to.

True, but you don't call them lazy... just throw donuts/doughnuts in their general direction as long as they code a line or two a day :)

MiasmicAnomie
25th September 2007, 21:13
Good coders are lazy only to the extent that they will work more *now* so as to make things easier later.

Good sysadmins are the same way. Spend a 100 hour week writing scripts / etc to take a job that takes an hour manually so that the scripts'll do it in 5 mins - stuff like that. If you save yourself 55 minutes a day, every day, the 100 hours up front is worth it ...

(and I know this because I got to be a pro coder by being a pro sysadmin first ...)

Donat
27th September 2007, 15:40
Let it be noted some one already suggested on how you make your alarms silent so you doth not bash on the devs for making a on/off button for a file you can remove or rename yourself....

I don't particulary like sonic alarms due to their noisy when people walk though them, and if they really annoy some one they end up just going into a rage and shooting the alarm.