PDA

View Full Version : Screen Resolution problems.

TheChrist
24th September 2007, 16:08
Hey guys, I'm currently having a problem with the screen resolution...

I recently updated my drivers, and I'm experiencing a problem...

Now, the drivers I were trying to update for, were ati radeon drivers.

I however have ati mobility radeon drivers.

Unfortunatly, ati do not offer mobility driver updates.

I had to use a special program, so I could update my drivers with the normal ati radeon ones.

Since said time, my resolution has changed, and I cannot fix it.

I used to play at 1280 x 800...

I'm not stuck with 1024 x 768...

It's a small problem yes, but I cannot see all of the screen when playing hidden.

I tried changing the resolutions in my properties, but I cannot find that resolution...

I also tried finding a resolution to match in the hidden options, still no luck...

help?

Spooky
24th September 2007, 16:41
I didn't understand much of that..

But 1024x768 is a 4:3 ratio resolution where as 1280x800 is a 16:10 wide screen resolution.
If your missing part of your screen at 1024x768 then try using a 16:10 aspect ratio again.

If what your saying is your unable to change resolutions at all try backdating to the old drivers, though I cant see how drivers would stop you from changing resolutions in hidden.

Boxy
24th September 2007, 16:43
You can add to the command line to set your resolution if thats what i comes down to, just put -width 1280 -height 800 at the end and you should be sorted.

Paegus
24th September 2007, 17:02
...until you click OK in Options.

if the resolutions aren't in the Options > video > 16:10 > list there may be issues with forcing it in full screen gaming. get power strip and add custom resolutions & timings. the trial will let you do it so no need $/£

make sure not to exceed the display's refresh rate though. usually 60~75Hz vertical.

TheChrist
24th September 2007, 17:42
...until you click OK in Options.

if the resolutions aren't in the Options > video > 16:10 > list there may be issues with forcing it in full screen gaming. get power strip and add custom resolutions & timings. the trial will let you do it so no need $/

make sure not to exceed the display's refresh rate though. usually 60~75Hz vertical.

I found it guys for hidden, although it would be nice to have my old resolution back, but im not too sure what it would be like on the computer now, since anything near it looks huge and it bigger than the actual screen.

Paegus
24th September 2007, 18:11
sounds like your screen is scaling... as in your computer is outputting something like 1280x1024 but the display is only showing you a 1024x768 portion of it...

i'd still grab power strip if i was you.

TheChrist
24th September 2007, 19:45
sounds like your screen is scaling... as in your computer is outputting something like 1280x1024 but the display is only showing you a 1024x768 portion of it...

i'd still grab power strip if i was you.

I downloaded it, but I sure as hell could use some help using it.

I mean, I've downloaded it, edited it to how I want, saved it, but where the hell do I place this .inf file?

Paegus
24th September 2007, 21:10
.inf? for the monitor? you can apply that via desktop > properties > settings > advanced > monitor > something > update driver > point at the new inf. but i wouldnt' recommend it as they usually limit the monitor to very few resolutions.

but in power strip go to display config and advanced/custom timings. it should be pretty intuitive from there.