PDA

View Full Version : suggestion

cider303
16th September 2007, 23:31
I suggest a way to sneak up behind someone and push, or pull someone... just to mess with them and add to the spooky feeling... it would be nice to push a member of teh iris into another and cause team damage. could be fun. maybe use the use key + pounce to push, something like that

ComeToJesus
16th September 2007, 23:35
the push is being put in in the next version

-SM-SUCKER
16th September 2007, 23:36
B5 will replace the common pigstick with a so called punt which is like the old pigstick just without causing damage thus pushing whatever you are aiming at.

cider303
16th September 2007, 23:37
nice, the other thing i was thinking tho is if you could hold onto someone as a shield for a short period too

ComeToJesus
16th September 2007, 23:39
nice, the other thing i was thinking tho is if you could hold onto someone as a shield for a short period too

That'd be cool if the hidden couldn't do any damage to the players being held, and couldn't slash right away after releasing, and it would have to drain stamina.

cider303
16th September 2007, 23:48
That'd be cool if the hidden couldn't do any damage to the players being held, and couldn't slash right away after releasing, and it would have to drain stamina.

yeha im not trying to make the hidden any more powerful by any means, im just trying to be able to mess around with the iris a bit more. the stamina drain is a smart idea. that way if he holds on too long he cant pounce away.
a slow drag would be kinda neat too like if someoen camps on teh edge of a map and is the last alive you cna sneak up behind him and drag him off the edge with you lol

ComeToJesus
16th September 2007, 23:52
lol
Drag them to the edge of a cliff or something, let go and then push.
That'd be pretty cool.

Ging
17th September 2007, 00:34
holding on to people isn't going to happen.

Daedalus
17th September 2007, 13:30
lol
Drag them to the edge of a cliff or something, let go and then push.
That'd be pretty cool.

And imbalanced... :(

TheChrist
17th September 2007, 16:54
holding on to people isn't going to happen.

meanie...

I thought that was a really good idea, it wouldn't necessarily even have to be very well done, after all, the hidden it nearly invisable, you just put a refraction layer before the IRIS neck, which would be the hidden's arm...

But, I suppose it could lead to tking, but what doesn't?

Slash someone > Tk
Pouncing into the group > Tk
Nading the group > Tk
PS > Tk
etc
etc...

Paegus
17th September 2007, 19:36
i think it's bad enough when we pounce behind someone on purpose...

Isolation
17th September 2007, 20:53
Given that I try to enforce a no TW/TK no matter what rule, the purposeful causing of TK's while Hidden usually leaves me feeling guilty. And dirty. And giddy.

Anyway, grabbing is just horrid from looking at the IRIS side. You think it was bad being PSed out of nowhere? How about becoming a human shield with no way to fight back? Yeah, THAT will keep new players around, won't it?

cider303
17th September 2007, 22:52
clearly there would have to be a counter attack... like you would have to tap crouch a few times to get out of it... which could leave the hidden stunned and off balance which would make him prime target for a turn around pump to the face

Boat Builder
17th September 2007, 23:01
clearly there would have to be a counter attack... like you would have to tap crouch a few times to get out of it... which could leave the hidden stunned and off balance which would make him prime target for a turn around pump to the face

Seems sorta console-gamey.

Tap A real fast to break the headlock! Garrgarr.

Nothing against consoles, but with a lot of the subpar shooters, tis the way of things.

Though Ging has already nuked it into no-man's land anyhoo.

ComeToJesus
18th September 2007, 01:23
And imbalanced... :(

meh
it'd need some tweaking, I don't think it'd be too bad. Perhaps a noisy windup for the grab as with the ps.
But it doesn't matter much at this point.

Boat Builder
18th September 2007, 01:35
it'd need some tweaking, I don't think it'd be too bad. Perhaps a noisy windup for the grab as with the ps.

Although that is a perfectly suitable way to make it more balanced, it didn't stop me from laughing riotously as i thought of the hidden winding up for a grab and making a big sound. hehe seems so silly. :p

"SWOOSH- Gotcha!"

ComeToJesus
18th September 2007, 03:06
lol
It could end up being a massive bear hug that ends up gibbing the marine.

-Silєηt-
18th September 2007, 06:22
yeahh....shove is in b5..... so yay for you.....=P

Digit*
18th September 2007, 09:34
Last time i checked Ging has already wacked the idea with a big No-sign, so even though it could have been a good idea in the perspective of some it is not going to happen. So no more holding on to ppl like some hippie with a over-loving mental state.

But rejoice! in beta5 we can play around with the shove as much as we want...i can already see IRIS flying of the edges on highrise :)

Cheesey
18th September 2007, 11:06
...and on hdn_discovery :D

TheOtherDante
19th September 2007, 14:53
lets not forget SEAMADNESS, unless support for custom maps are removed:(

in that case this post was utterly retarded and i am sorry for my stupidity.

That is all

ill
21st September 2007, 23:40
just another idea in the topic as i thought of it before the push principle would be the same but i was thinking of a cool animation so this is what i had in mind.

:Dthe hidden throws his knife from right hand to the left and imideartly stabs=pushes them and then throws it back, the action wold be performed preaty quickly but not too quick. oh and i also think there should be some damage with the left hand stab=push.
so what do you thing good bad??:):p;)