PDA

View Full Version : Menu music

-SM-SUCKER
11th September 2007, 21:41
If anyone here played Insurgency they will know what I mean. They have made some pretty good music tracks there. Really fits in.
Now I was thinking Hidden:Source could increase it's awesomeness by adding a soundtrack a bit more intense/energetic. Can't find the real word but I found this little song (http://files.filefront.com/Covenant+Stalker+club+vrmp3/;8532348;/fileinfo.html). Without the voice part it could be what I would like. That's a personal favorite of course, so feel free to comment and/or add your own favorites or ideas.

Master of Puppets
11th September 2007, 22:32
Omg pls not that!!! I wont run the game if something close to this will be in menu. I think it should be a bit slower and more atmospheric pls.

Ging
11th September 2007, 23:52
What's wrong with the current menu music?

<Beatlemania>
12th September 2007, 02:43
Maybe some Flight of The Conchords would be good. And is that like a techno anthem to stalkers across the world?

Norodo
12th September 2007, 06:56
God, do not lt the music carry on in gameplay, like Ins. That hurts.

Cheesey
12th September 2007, 09:16
I think I know what you mean, but this song isn't a good example....

starstriker1
12th September 2007, 22:24
The menu music is already perfect... it's atmospheric and mysterious, which sets the tone perfectly.

@Norodo: While your statement is a bit off topic, there already is ingame music. Khu's done a fantastic job of just letting it stay in the background though, setting the mood in moments of silence.

Personally, I like having in game music in Insurgency. I can hear the environment just fine, and they've got some solid tracks. It's a little repetitive when the same track plays ingame the entire time, but that's tolerable.

brechtos
13th September 2007, 07:16
Why would you change the music from hidden.
It's perfect/mysterious and moody same goes for ingame.
What do you want some cheesy cliché techno tune or metal sound:confused:
I like the sound it has now.

salith
13th September 2007, 10:02
Techno does NOT go with everything.
This music invokes mystery, suspense, and dread, which is what the game is all about.

Norodo
13th September 2007, 10:11
@Norodo: While your statement is a bit off topic, there already is ingame music. Khu's done a fantastic job of just letting it stay in the background though, setting the mood in moments of silence.

I call what's in Hidden by the name "ambience." The stuff in Insurgency is way too clear and loud to be ingame. I love the current hidden soundtrack.

-SM-SUCKER
13th September 2007, 12:16
First of all: I do not want to change the in game music. Those tracks are fine and are well composed as they just blend into the mod perfectly. I just think that the track played in the menu section is to weak. It is mysterious but I think it doesn't/cannot represent the tension and the action which do have an apperance in this mod.

Norodo
13th September 2007, 12:37
I beg to differ.

I feel that the current soundtrack, both in game and in menus, are quite well suited to the whole concept of a sneaky little bastard who's nearly invisible. For me, the in menu music builds up slowly from a little bit creepy and ambiguous, to enter a short period of "hammering." Then it goes into a nearly "grieving" part.

To me it all sounds so comparable to a round of hidden, it could nearly not have been any better.

Master of the Arts
16th September 2007, 04:35
Before I put in my two cents on the music, are you able to program music to begin once a specific event has happened in game?

Boat Builder
16th September 2007, 04:45
Funny you should mention that.

A couple days ago somebody i know was playing H:S and he told me that he thinks the music ques off of the hiddens first attack. :eek:

Which, if true, is news to me.

starstriker1
16th September 2007, 05:40
Nope.

Boat Builder
16th September 2007, 06:38
I still thought it was fun that he posted that it'd be nifty (although whatever event was in his mind i can't be sure) just recently after somebody told me they thought it was already in effect.

Mmmmnifty.

Master of the Arts
16th September 2007, 18:14
Funny you should mention that.

A couple days ago somebody i know was playing H:S and he told me that he thinks the music ques off of the hiddens first attack. :eek:

Which, if true, is news to me.

If that's the case, then for the menu music, you could keep it the same or put in "Electric Guitar" for the menu music.

For the in-game music before the Hidden attacks you, you could use "Sirens." That would give a nice forboding, scary atmosphere.

For the in-game music once the Hidden attacks you or you're the last person alive, there's really only one song to put in. "Space Ocean."

EDIT: Even if you aren't able to have triggers for music to begin, those tracks would be a great addition to the game.

killerking_swe
16th September 2007, 18:21
I woud also like some pump up musik in the menu but of course something that fits in. As for the ingame musik its just fine but some tones can relly scream in your ear and you get tierd of if becuse of that.

TheChrist
16th September 2007, 18:25
Isn't it possible to just add your own music to the menu?

I used a skin for CSS that added music and a new menu.

khu
16th September 2007, 19:19
If that's the case, then for the menu music, you could keep it the same or put in "Electric Guitar" for the menu music.

For the in-game music before the Hidden attacks you, you could use "Sirens." That would give a nice forboding, scary atmosphere.

For the in-game music once the Hidden attacks you or you're the last person alive, there's really only one song to put in. "Space Ocean."

EDIT: Even if you aren't able to have triggers for music to begin, those tracks would be a great addition to the game.

HAha...not to be rude, but, like, what are you talking about?