PDA

View Full Version : hdn_dispatch Beta 4b build

Dark Soul
8th September 2007, 17:00
Here's the new build of hdn_dispatch or should I say old,the map as been done for about...uh well i can't remember anymore,but it has been a long time.Anyway,this build fixes many of the bugs that plagued the beta 4 build.Most if not all camping spots have been removed.Many of the graphical errors are gone and a new vent system is installed.The map also uses the sexeh Beta 4b box models:D(Thanks Boxy,for installing them).I like to think that I improved the maps looks alil also.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/650/dispatchcr7.th.jpg (http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dispatchcr7.jpg)

Download (http://files.filefront.com/hdn+dispatch+b4brar/;8507290;;/fileinfo.html)

jambi1
8th September 2007, 17:37
looks awesome actually!

alX
8th September 2007, 17:56
Looks awesome. Nice atmosphere and lighting.
This looks like a map for at least 8 players. :D
Very very very nice job. Keep up the great work.

brechtos
9th September 2007, 09:59
Thx updated mappack

Cheesey
9th September 2007, 12:25
It looks a lot better, cool, thank you! :)

And brechtos :)

MiasmicAnomie
9th September 2007, 17:20
I put this in the rotation on SMG.

Dark Soul
10th September 2007, 00:10
Yeah i played on the server,thanks Miasmic.

Glad you guys like the map.

starstriker1
10th September 2007, 03:15
I recall that it was on trial in some of the B5 builds, but was recently removed. What's the deal there? If it's anything like I remember, it may make an excellent addition to B5.

Ging
10th September 2007, 04:28
I wasn't aware it was on trial (boxy fails to communicate) and figured I'd added it to the public svn by accident, so removed it.

Dark Soul
11th September 2007, 20:38
I thought Boxy said that no community maps would be put into the build.Some that got picked would be featured on the media page.

Meh,it's all fine with me.As long as the map gets played I'm happy. :D

Dark Soul
12th October 2007, 21:48
Wish the map got more play time :(.

(Don't Hit me for bumping.)

Boat Builder
13th October 2007, 05:55
Fun fun map.

For some reason i find the room in the 3rd and 4th screens in your first post not as nifty as the rest of the other areas.

Haven't played it as much as i'd like too. :cool:

Paegus
13th October 2007, 12:20
Wish the map got more play time :(.

(Don't Hit me for bumping.)

it's up on Clandestine Cake but the default settings for B4B aren't friendly towards custom maps as cl_downloadfilter is none. new players can't hop into the map if it's already loaded. but if they were connected to the previous map they get an impromptu client exec setting it to 'all'. random map votes at the end of each map and a long memory of played maps to exclude means they all gets semi-regular play.

the only complaint some people have is that's it's too bright. other than that it's all praise and accolade.

Lanux
14th October 2007, 16:56
itīs in on Happyserverfriends....

regards, Lanux

Cheesey
14th October 2007, 17:59
Finally some server which run this nice map! Would like to have more servers which are running the custom maps...

Lanux
18th October 2007, 20:07
itīs in on Happyserverfriends....

regards, Lanux

Unfortunately the map donwload doesnīt work for whatever reason so I am afraid I have to suspend it again from the map cycle until the problem is fixed ... :(

Lanux

-SM-SUCKER
19th October 2007, 00:27
"cl_downloadfilter all" is your friend

Dark Soul
19th October 2007, 05:21
I don't think thats the problem,if i remember correctly Miasmic had a problem with the map getting downloaded as well.Looks like it could be a issue with the map.Now if I could just figure it out what it is and fix it:(.

Paegus
19th October 2007, 06:12
i tried various combinations and it works fine with the cl_downloadfilter all setting. since implementing the auto-set on players i've never seen the insta-kick it was producing...

Cheesey
19th October 2007, 11:32
You should defenitely add more custom maps to the happyserverfriends! Last time the vote started and there only were the standard-maps (cause we played on dispatch...)...

MiasmicAnomie
19th October 2007, 16:16
I don't think thats the problem,if i remember correctly Miasmic had a problem with the map getting downloaded as well.

It's not the map - it's the cl_downloadfilter setting in the client.

No worries, man. :)

Lanux
20th October 2007, 19:20
You should defenitely add more custom maps to the happyserverfriends! Last time the vote started and there only were the standard-maps (cause we played on dispatch...)...

Hi,

yeah I will, but right now I will first fix the download issue... BTW shouldnīt there be a single thread where custom maps are to be announced by the mappers ?

Lanux

Cheesey
21st October 2007, 16:44
Every mapper creates his own mapping-thread or map-thread. You can download all maps by following my link! ;)

TheChrist
21st October 2007, 20:30
I still have yet to play this map =/

Lanux
21st October 2007, 22:09
I still have yet to play this map =/

you can, on my server, the only thing which is still unanswered is if the cl_downloadfilter setting is getting replicated via server.cfg to all clients (I have set it already). You may, and I have tried this myself, encourage all players on the server to set their cl_downloadfilter to "all", and then votemap for it. Chances are that you loose nearly 50% of the people, since they donīt care for announcements and even console broadcasts to set their downloadfilter, but this is collerateral damage.

After only one round I admit that his map is really cool... I like the vents :D

Lanux

Ging
21st October 2007, 23:28
I could've sworn I replied to this thread - but it would seem I dreamt it, which is weird in and of itself.

Anyhow - cl_* cvars don't replicate down to the client (what with them being client based, that wouldn't make much sense). Paegus has mentioned that you can use event scripts to alter the value with some scripting magicks. I will at some point soon get around to pointing out the issue on the front page and making sure that the next release doesn't include the setting in the default config.

Paegus
22nd October 2007, 06:12
^ http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?p=128367

though there may be a slight problem with players who got b4b and then upgrade. if you don't include a config.cfg to mangle their setup they'll retain their b4b settings.

Ging
22nd October 2007, 09:49
^ http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?p=128367

Ahh, it would seem I am actually going crazy - awesome.

though there may be a slight problem with players who got b4b and then upgrade. if you don't include a config.cfg to mangle their setup they'll retain their b4b settings.

Good point, I'll just try to make the information really obvious.

Lanux
22nd October 2007, 17:47
I could've sworn I replied to this thread - but it would seem I dreamt it, which is weird in and of itself.

Anyhow - cl_* cvars don't replicate down to the client (what with them being client based, that wouldn't make much sense). Paegus has mentioned that you can use event scripts to alter the value with some scripting magicks. I will at some point soon get around to pointing out the issue on the front page and making sure that the next release doesn't include the setting in the default config.

ahhh thread forking *me* gets into trouble when I have to watch different threads for the same infos :D

anyway, of course, the cl variables are client only *sigh* but how to ensure that the people fix this in their configs? event scripts are too spooky for me, thatīs not my field of operation :)

should I post it in the MOTD ??
regards Lanux

Paegus
22nd October 2007, 20:28
getting players to change it themselves (without a version breaking update) is impossible short of having a hand reach out of the monitor, punch them in the face and while they're distracted by the pain and the bleeding all over their shirts the hand types things into their console.

i tried everything i could think of to get them to change it from server names to big white letters in the middle of the screen... though there was some satisfaction in watching them repeatedly try to reconnect after being ejected...

alternatively if you REALLY want to run custom maps you can just event script it...

...\addons\eventscripts\hdn_cdfa\es_hdn_cdfa.txt

block load
{
es_xlog [CDFA] Loaded
}

block unload
{
es_xlog [CDFA] Unloaded
}

event player_activate
{
es_delayed 10 es_cexec event_var(userid) cl_downloadfilter all
es_delayed 10 es_cexec event_var(userid) host_writeconfig
}

it hasn't had a problem since.

Lanux
24th October 2007, 10:13
Paegus,

interesting, it looks like this is a neat solution....

by the way, CDFA is the map´s name and should be substituted in the script? And do I have to do this for each map separatly?

Lanux

Paegus
24th October 2007, 12:23
cdfa stands for cl_downloadfilter all and has nothing to do with anything other than a name for the script

you load the script with es_load hdn_cdfa in your server's autoexec.cfg and it automatically fires the client-exec 10 seconds after a player joint the game completely.

Lanux
27th October 2007, 18:01
Thx Paegus,

I just wondered because it really looked like a placeholder :D

Lanux

<Beatlemania>
28th October 2007, 21:39
i played an earlier vers of this i think... cool map.

-SM-SUCKER
21st January 2008, 21:51
Played on dispatch lately. It's a wonderfull map, fun to play with lots of possiblities for both teams.