PDA

View Full Version : Beta 4B Release

Boxy
8th September 2007, 15:57
Basically a quick one to all the guys and gals that skip the front page and go straight to the forums, thus missing sometimes important finformation, we have released Beta 4B. The main problem it addresses is the server incompatibilities between 215 and 220, but it has other fixes as well.

Check the front page (http://www.hidden-source.com/) for the full low down. Comments are welcome.

Mr_Spoon
8th September 2007, 16:03
Much love, team

Specht
8th September 2007, 16:05
Hell yeah! Can't wait to reinstall HL2 and test this little beauty xD

Dr.SharK
8th September 2007, 16:06
Yes! Finally i can have shadows, bump maps and specular maps back! (they don't work on the outdated engine for some reason)

Thanks!

:EDIT: This fixes origin and adds decay AS WELL? I LOVE YOU PEOPLE! <3

Cheesey
8th September 2007, 16:11
Hey cool! Ive waited for that! Thanks so much!!! Now I dont have to go around on LANs to change everybody from 220 to 215 :D

THANK YOU!

Edit: Ok, now I think I love you!

alX
8th September 2007, 16:15
Awesome!
Now I'm just waiting for B5 to go out. :D

Night Raider
8th September 2007, 16:15
It'd probably be a good idea to pimp it out on HL2 and general modding websites. For one, I know that ModDB and HL2Files should get a heads-up on this news item.

Dr.SharK
8th September 2007, 16:17
There actually seems to be a whole lot more in'ere than "just" Decay and a fixed Origin.

I see new blood decals have been installed.

And many of the new sounds have been bundled in (i assume they're not used though, as i see ragealert and all kinds of things)

MiasmicAnomie
8th September 2007, 16:44
I put b4b up on Social Mustard Gas

starstriker1
8th September 2007, 16:51
I'd also notify planethalflife and hlfallout, too

butterқnife
8th September 2007, 16:57
Awesome.

See, this is the kind of thing that happens when you go without internet for a week (I moved).

Thanks!

Genre
8th September 2007, 17:19
I'm downloading it now, I'm so excited. Thanks for this team!

Boat Builder
8th September 2007, 17:20
Whoa! I noticed Mustard Gas was playing decay and rushed on over here :D

I'll be all over that when it's all through downloading, hellyeah.

(now i understand... somebody was telling me something about "B4b", i had no idea what they were on about.)

A million thanks to the devs.

Paegus
8th September 2007, 17:38
same here... tried to connect.. missing decay :D

what's the hidden-4a folder with all the hidden taunts for though?

and cheers for not including a 'specify destination folder' dialogue... :/

TheOtherDante
8th September 2007, 17:47
this ought to hold me over till b5, you have pleased me keep up the good work Devs and testers

Oh and peag will i have to download new custom radio commands and easy key or will the old one work

Ging
8th September 2007, 17:54
There actually seems to be a whole lot more in'ere than "just" Decay and a fixed Origin.

I see new blood decals have been installed.

And many of the new sounds have been bundled in (i assume they're not used though, as i see ragealert and all kinds of things)

There was some stuff that just wasn't worth stripping out, so you get some added bonuses (hence why I mention updated materials and models).

Of course, I can nearly guarantee issues, it wouldn't be one of our releases without something going pete tong.

Paegus
8th September 2007, 17:55
Oh and peag will i have to download new custom radio commands and easy key or will the old one work

it'll still work but the developer and echo commands are now set as cheats by the infinitely wise valve. though if you remember the numbers to press (like i do) it wont be an issue.

Wolfie^
8th September 2007, 17:55
Very nice, like the new firstloadupinterfacescreendontknowpropernameforit.

Paegus
8th September 2007, 18:01
menu?

Genre
8th September 2007, 18:12
I can load the tutorials, but servers (even my own)? I end up crashing after I click okay on the motd.

Dr.SharK
8th September 2007, 18:27
There was some stuff that just wasn't worth stripping out, so you get some added bonuses (hence why I mention updated materials and models).

Of course, I can nearly guarantee issues, it wouldn't be one of our releases without something going pete tong.

Sounds very nice :)

I'll be sure to report any problems, though I have yet to find any.

Norodo
8th September 2007, 18:45
A worthy filler it is.

Boat Builder
8th September 2007, 18:47
I have an issue! Although it might have always been around...

I was hit by a nade, and for some reason the screen went COMPLETELY black for the duration of the whoozy-blind-owie blur.

Doesn't happen every time, just that once. Hehe.

-SM-SUCKER
8th September 2007, 19:43
Downloading as I write. Hope that servers will get updated as well.
And I cannot wait to see decay again with people playing it :)

And to have Origin back is something I have been waiting from the moment the env explosion got borked.

Nice move team!

Norodo
8th September 2007, 21:27
If I find bugs in the new map (hdn_decay) should I post them here or send them to some dev?

(If so, which dev?) (oh and the bugs are quite unexploitable, just weird.)

Ging
8th September 2007, 21:34
Send them to boxy.

Norodo
8th September 2007, 21:35
Will do Sir. :)

Should I upload them as demos or on youtube/blip.tv or ?

(Right, I'll jsut upload some mp4 files on blip.tv, I don't find these bugs very sensitive.)

Mart Ini
8th September 2007, 23:26
thx devs

ProgrammedToConsume
9th September 2007, 02:13
Excellent.

Boat Builder
9th September 2007, 02:53

I was hit by a nade, and for some reason the screen went COMPLETELY black for the duration of the whoozy-blind-owie blur.

Yes that's me i'm quoting. :)

Anyhoo, turns out the screen goes black whenever i get hit by a 303 or a nade. So anything that usually causes some sort of blur effect.

Suppose i'll try reinstalling with the full install, but any help about why this could possibly happen would be dynamite.

EDIT: it works for now... but it'll be back :D maybe twas just that server.

(^) Sangheili Zealot (^)
9th September 2007, 04:51
Thx devs it was driving me nuts switching from 220 to 215

Red
9th September 2007, 04:56
HAY.

Hey I love you. :)

(devs)

Zabiela
9th September 2007, 05:41
I just played a bit.

Much thanks to the team! Everything finally seems back to "normal". :)

Demented
9th September 2007, 05:46
Intermediary betas (Read: Patches) are always lovable things.

Digit*
9th September 2007, 07:08
You have my gratitude! Finally some news bits to explore. Decay is gonna be awesome :D

now if you'll be so kind to release b5 soon as well i'm gonna make you a lifesize pie XD (j/k)

Cammoman
9th September 2007, 07:21

Happens to me all the time in Decay, might be because of the awesome darkness. Another thing I noticed is that either the Iris model isn't fitted all the way together, or they have glow bands around their knee's and arms.

Spooky
9th September 2007, 08:57
Cheers DEVs, much love.
Just out of interest who's responsible for the marvel that is Decay?

Dr.SharK
9th September 2007, 09:07
Just out of interest who's responsible for the marvel that is Decay?

[Foxy?]Boxy :D

VoiceOfDecember
9th September 2007, 09:58
Good work team :)

Thankyou so much. Everyone really appreciates your work. Keep up the good work :D

Metal0r
9th September 2007, 17:01
Nice work :D

But there is something pissing me off :mad:

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6239/bughl8.th.jpg (http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bughl8.jpg)

The icon of the knife and every other weapon is way too big... but the suicide icon is ok...

brechtos
10th September 2007, 10:11
:DWooot:D
Still don't get it why you hate manor so much boxy.
Personally I had some of the coolest hidden sessions in that map:(

Nice new content and good move to feed the people with something untill b5

::edit::
@boxy
amazing athmosphere in decay but that main entrance hall is dark a s hell, I mean it's black
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9084/hdndecay0001xf4.th.jpg (http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hdndecay0001xf4.jpg)

Spooky
10th September 2007, 13:45
Something strange that's happened a few times now, headless IRIS.
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/7091/untitledbm6.th.jpg (http://img105.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledbm6.jpg)

Redeemer
10th September 2007, 16:21
Nice work ...

I rly love new look&feel - especially new text font ... finally one that could be read :p

B4b brought some new bugs but still its good to have something new out. Good work !

I hope it won't last long till B5 release (blackscreen after nade is rly anoying).

Paegus
10th September 2007, 17:21
Something strange that's happened a few times now, headless IRIS.
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/7091/untitledbm6.th.jpg (http://img105.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledbm6.jpg)

maxplayers really shouldn't be 10...

legoman
10th September 2007, 18:03
Awesome, thanks, and since you guys are so great - can you get me a new computer while you're at it?

PLEASE?!!

Hah, yeah, my rig is total crap now. Something is wrong with the CPU, it's performing 10 times slower than it should be, but I suppose it's reached its time already. I'm going to need a new computer eventually since even my older games are running like shit, including this one :(

Anyway, once again - great work, guys!

hutch
10th September 2007, 19:07
cpus dont die often... what exactly is going on?

Ging
10th September 2007, 19:55

That'd be a server that's done a full install of b4b - it'll need the b4a server update (available towards the bottom of the downloads page) because I'm a muppet and completely forgot about it until well, yesterday.

MiasmicAnomie
10th September 2007, 20:32

The game code has to allow maxplayers to be 10, to allow servers with an always-open reserve slot.

Of course, nobody should set it to 10 unless they're setting up a reserve slot.

Let me mull over possible ways to enforce that.

Paegus
10th September 2007, 21:08
well the only times i've seen it is on 10 player servers. missing files wont do that as the player models have the head embedded in them. a pink checker sure... but not the no-head-server-probly-gonna-crash-soon syndrome.

VoiceOfDecember
11th September 2007, 01:00
The icon of the knife and every other weapon is way too big

Yea, I dont like this either :(

TheChrist
11th September 2007, 06:40
Ahh, don't we all love the devs?

legoman
11th September 2007, 19:25
cpus dont die often... what exactly is going on?

Eh, I did a buttload of tests with this one application that collects and compares all your info with other people that have done the tests as well and my computer seems to be performing at a pretty damn low speed compared to others.

Anyway, I'll be sure to get a nice upgrade to my rig soon enough and finally be rejoiced with you guys once again :D

Felf
27th September 2007, 20:20
I. Cannot. Believe. I doubted you. I haven't checked here for like... 3 weeks. And now this. Thank. God. For. The. Internet.

Pipsicles
26th November 2007, 16:25
First post :O

Thanks guys for bringing this out, my Hidden now works, previously i was having vac problems but now, finally its sorted, thanks so much guys, i think i'll become part of your community as im playing hidden quite lot :D

Digit*
26th November 2007, 17:01

Thanks guys for bringing this out, my Hidden now works, previously i was having vac problems but now, finally its sorted, thanks so much guys, i think i'll become part of your community as im playing hidden quite lot :D

Yeah i had an encounter with you already, well then let me be the first to welcome you to the forums! Hope you'll enjoy your stay here and maybe even contribute to this wonderful mod. Cheers:D.

Cheesey
26th November 2007, 17:15
Hi there! Nice to have you in here! :)
(And don't forget: Stickies are your friends ;) )

-SM-SUCKER
26th November 2007, 21:35

Hi there mate! Glad you found your way to the forums! Welcome!

See you on the servers