PDA

View Full Version : Release: hdn_boxer

Dr_Doak
2nd September 2007, 07:48
DL link:

http://files.filefront.com/hdn+boxerbsp/;8465468;/fileinfo.html

I was about to go to bed at 12 but for some reason I decided to stay up and make a map instead.

Its pretty simply, just a big storage room with a ton of boxes.
I have played a lot of Hidden so I feel like I have a good understanding of what is fun (or at least what I consider to be fun), but I haven't played recently so I can't remember how well the hidden can be seen in dim light, so my map might be too dim.

The map is intentionally made in favor of the Hidden, as I feel that although balance is good, its fun when the Hidden does well and is picking off your buddies one by one. The map is geared for Hidden mobility, with a bunch of high perches he can jump back and forth on that can also be used as an escape or an ambush spot.

Like I said I started at 12, and just got finished so that should give you an idea of how rushed this was, lmao. A map in less than 4 hours (and I took breaks), never heard of that before.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8893/hdnboxer0000la4.jpg

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/3092/hdnboxer0002rv7.jpg

Paegus
2nd September 2007, 08:41
cs_deagle eat your heart out.

though the complete(?) lack of phys objects seems a bit harsh.

Cheesey
2nd September 2007, 09:06
There is a heart under your stamina...

Ging
2nd September 2007, 12:33
There is a heart under your stamina...

There has been for a while - though from the looks of those screens, a hud_reloadscheme is in order.

Dr_Doak
2nd September 2007, 18:25
though the complete(?) lack of phys objects seems a bit harsh.

I knew I'd forget something stupid. I'd go back and fix it but I doubt more than 3 people will DL the map.

As for the HUD, it got all screwy when I changed the resolution to take a better screenshot.

Cheesey
2nd September 2007, 23:31
I knew I'd forget something stupid. I'd go back and fix it but I doubt more than 3 people will DL the map.

Still fix it. Your map will also be added to the mappack, the poll will decide ;)

Dr_Doak
3rd September 2007, 00:12
I added some barrels. :D
The link in the original post is the updated version.

Ion
3rd September 2007, 15:41
Now that I think of it, why is there a heart under the stamina bar? :confused:

Boxy
3rd September 2007, 17:19
Now that I think of it, why is there a heart under the stamina bar? :confused:

Its not for the stamina bar, its for the health of the player. However, as G said, he's in desperate need of a hud_reloadscheme and as such the actual numerical value of his health is floating off the screen somewhere at the moment...

Paegus
3rd September 2007, 18:48
err... it's about an inch above the stamina bar.

though i've always thought the heart had more to do with stamina than health... from a purely biomechanical point of view at least

Ging
3rd September 2007, 19:38
though i've always thought the heart had more to do with stamina than health... from a purely biomechanical point of view at least

It's more that the heart and being alive are fairly closely linked... So the heart represents health, stamina should be an accumulation of limb muscles, lungs and heart... Which is well, a bit more confusing in terms of hud graphics :D

TheOtherDante
4th September 2007, 21:20
i thought hdn_seamaddness was small, there should be a warning label stating "costriphobic: enter at your own risk"

Daedalus
5th September 2007, 06:57
"costriphobic: enter at your own risk"

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/5823/emotcolbertod5.gif

TheOtherDante
5th September 2007, 14:06
dont tell me your afaird of tightly inclosed spaces daed

Ging
5th September 2007, 14:46
That would mean he had "claustrophobia", so he'd be "claustrophobic" rather than "costriphobic".

lcpuche
5th September 2007, 18:03
"costriphobic".

afraid from tripping and falling :) falling, that must also be applied to hdn_seamadness

Ging
5th September 2007, 19:36
Costriphobic isn't a phobia - Basiphobia is a fear of falling (well and standing, but there we go)