PDA

View Full Version : iris corpse + point blank shotgun = gib?

Paegus
23rd August 2007, 17:50
would probably give the hidden more incentive or just a reason at all for most players to grab corpses quickly and get them away from the iris team to be fed on if a shotty equipped iris could run up to the corpse laying on the ground and blast it a few times with the shotgun point blank to dismember it pigstick style thus ruining any chances of it being fed on. just once probably isn't enough to discourage them through the up and coming general lack of ammunition stores.

it wouldn't work with free hanging corpses (aka doorways) of course as they would sway and thus loose the full force... or something.

Genre
23rd August 2007, 18:32
Then you would have an IRIS team full of shotgunners, not that that's not unseen already, but nonetheless.

Paegus
23rd August 2007, 18:35
if some of the recent tweaks to the shotgun stick that wont be that big of a deal... and i wouldn't blame them anyway... though they'll have precious little ammo to waste on corpses at least until people get used to picking the supply package.

Demented
23rd August 2007, 21:15
Nah. Better to force the IRIS to protect/guard corpses than just gib them.
You could have living IRIS gib if they get a point-blank shotgun to the face, but that's just naughty.

lcpuche
23rd August 2007, 23:45
what i think there should be is that when the hidden is shotgunned in the head or leg and killed from close range the body parts get a hole instead of the old bloodstain :D

Demented
24th August 2007, 00:10
Yeah, and I want particle-based water physics in HDN_Sewers.

Boat Builder
24th August 2007, 00:20
Blasting away at your fellow downed squad member with a big nasty shotgun?

Guess it makes sense gameplay-wise... but c'mon... seems a little... nasty.

But desperate times call for desperate measures i suppose. Let's gun the crap out of Jamar's corpse to stop the invisible lunatic from eating him. Right on.

Paegus
24th August 2007, 05:55
nah i think demented hit the nail on the head... it's just that i've never seen anyone guarding a corpse...

Prometheus
24th August 2007, 07:45
I do all the time. I just dont stand on top of it or anything silly like that. Keep it in my line of site a little way off and pelt the corpse with lead when it starts to move.

Cheesey
24th August 2007, 10:59
It would be better for the gameplay if you can't gib a body with the shotgun. You dont force them to use it and if there are people who are guarding a dead body, you can also scare them easily by grabbing it.... ;)

Digit*
24th August 2007, 16:05
Seeing a corpse get snatched when you're standing right infront of it = always scary...

But i do think peagus idea is a good one...with the ammo being drastically reduced you really need to weigh the ups and downs of plugging a corpse (gibbing it in the process) or conserving your ammunition. Should be able to create some useful tactics in the future. (Apart from having full shotgun wielder squads...the horror...)

Paegus
24th August 2007, 17:18
well if you really like the idea then how about this: every time you blast the corpse with the shotgun's full spread one of its 5 5hp health 'packs' gets blown away. the 5th hit will gib the corpse. if you've got 5 shotties then no big deal, 1 shot each... but keep in mind that while you're wasting time perforating the corpse, the hidden is coming back around for another pass...

and no i don't have any expectation at all for it to come to anything anyway. because, as you may have noticed from the lack of developer response, they're all just too damned ignorant to respond

:D

Cheesey
24th August 2007, 17:42
Okay, that sounds a lot better. Maybe you can also do it with the P900: 10 shots 5HP...

I thought about 1 shot and *splatter*, that would be too easy and not balanced at all. 5 shots are a good point to start...

Ging
24th August 2007, 18:56
and no i don't have any expectation at all for it to come to anything anyway. because, as you may have noticed from the lack of developer response, they're all just too damned ignorant to respond

You're only on the second page, you can't go calling us ignorant yet!

Paegus
24th August 2007, 19:07
second what now?

oh i keep forgetting...
http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/2857/postagepaidjz0.png (http://imageshack.us)

Boxy
24th August 2007, 19:08

I'm Boxy....and I'm ignorant.
/AA group applauds

Zabiela
24th August 2007, 20:27
second what now?

+1 in the club.

I dont like this idea. I would rather the iris be able to drag corpses upon weapon drop. And then with clever coding you could have it so if the hidden pick it up at the same time you play tug of war!!!

Isolation
24th August 2007, 23:07
I'm Boxy....and I'm ignorant.
/AA group applauds

So brave.

*Cries*

:rolleyes:

Paegus
24th August 2007, 23:07
would need to fix the 'grab' selector first otherwise you'd end up trying to grab the same bit the other guy has... which reminds me...

Demented
24th August 2007, 23:27
617: "I want the kidney!"

Wallace: "No, I want the kidney!"

617: "...Why do you want the kidney?"

Wallace: "Nevermind that, just give it to me!"

Euphoria
25th August 2007, 12:52
617: "I want the kidney!"

Wallace: "No, I want the kidney!"

617: "...Why do you want the kidney?"

Wallace: "Nevermind that, just give it to me!"

Inspiration!!! The Iris can feed on each others corpse as well, meaning that the iris and the hidden have to compete for corpses!! And the hidden can destroy a corpse with a pigstick, and with Paegus' suggestion the Iris can destroy corpses with a shotgun blast, so if they don't need health at the mo they can risk destroying a food source so the otherside doesn't get it! And if the iris can drag bodies as well as the hidden, they both have the ability to transport these 'health packs'. And nades can also be used as body blower uppers, if an iris is feeding on a corpse! [/exclamations]

But this would also give another reason for some1 to TK..

And unless, of course, theres a general dislike to the idea of an elite hit team also all being cannibals... :D

EDIT1: Demented, your a genius!:D . And for a reason for the backstory the Iris got slightly contaminated by some of the drugs, think mild version of the T virus, minus the whole zombie thing...

EDIT2: if/ when this gets Ginged, I was on acid, okay?

<Beatlemania>
26th August 2007, 17:09
Best. Idea. Ever.

TheChrist
27th August 2007, 20:35
If this feature was implemented, wouldn't it just contribute to an even longer learning curve, and then noobs getting pwned harder then ever?

Euphoria
28th August 2007, 21:03
If this feature was implemented, wouldn't it just contribute to an even longer learning curve, and then noobs getting pwned harder then ever?

It would be two extra abilities on the Iris' part (dragging and feeding, however that wouldbe represented.) However, it would add a lot more interesting end round scenarios.

TheOtherDante
28th August 2007, 21:18
the iris being able to drag the body isnt a bad idea.

what i think should be added on is when the iris hold the body he/she(becuase girls do play this game i know that for a fact) has reduced walking speed and no weapon out thus leaving him very vunerable to attack however; if his/her teammates can watch his/her back they can take the body to someplace where they can keep a better eye on it thus preventing the hidden from feeding and forcing him to fight harder.

the whole cannibal thing seems funny but just retarded to me, maybe it will be better has and extra game mode

Daedalus
28th August 2007, 21:23
what i think should be added on is when the iris hold the body he/she(becuase girls do play this game i know that for a fact)

Prove it. :p

Of course IRIS won't have their weapons out running while they're dragging a body. It's not like they can fire a rifle onehanded and run.

Isolation
28th August 2007, 21:32

I can, I just... uh... lost my proof. But, I had it. Which is just as good. What proof was it? I'm not telling.

Demented
28th August 2007, 21:33
It's not like they can fire a rifle onehanded and run.

...What's so hard about that?

Paegus
28th August 2007, 22:38
or change their angular momentum in mid-jump?

i'm not opposed to having iris be able to use their teammate's corpses to drag them, but if that does happen the only thing i ask is that the use is momentary grab as opposed to the hidden's toggle. as in you have to hold +use to drag the corpse... and you can only drag in directions ±45º or so from into the corpse (aka backwards-ish). the instant you let go (-use) it releases the body. it would help keep the "OMG I'M BEING ATTACKED! WHY WONT IT LET THE F*** GO?!?" down to a minimum and add slightly to the gameplay differences between hidden and iris teams.

that said though, if iris corpse are going to be lootable for spare ammunition they'd need to rig up a delay sensor or some sort. if you just tap (±use) it attempts to strip the ammo but a sustained +use triggers the grab. you probably wouldn't even have to worry about the tab triggering a momentary grab when they're just after ammo either since ideally it would make the corpse jerk a bit to simulate you ransacking its pouches and whatnot.

TheOtherDante
29th August 2007, 14:08

there's a girl i always play with if you come on when im on your likely to see a chick going by the name of "The Pirate Wench" also i played with a girl name "jezebelle" who was a bit twisted in her own lil way

she scared the poopy out of me a few times while i played her

Euphoria
29th August 2007, 18:10
I have some queries...

Would there be any way to make the corpse seem heavier and slower to drag for the Iris than for the hidden? Would add more emphesis on the fact that the Iris are physically weaker than the hidden.

It was mentioned before, but is it possible to have two people (hidden + iris or iris+iris) holding and pulling a corpse at the same time?

Would two iris be able to pull the corpse at a faster rate, if they both pulled in the same direction?

And finally- would a hidden be able to feed off a corpse while an iris is dragging it:D?

Paegus
29th August 2007, 20:43
i'd wager that a 'grabbed' corpse will be treated as they are at present and set to debris so it ignores other players and their feeble attempts to +use it

that said however, it would be quite amusing to see a living iris grab a corpse only to have the hidden rip it from his clutches with a pouncing grab... or a grab and pounce... can't quite see how to work in dragging the living iris with it... he's let go long before the force pulled him off his feet imo.

Ging
30th August 2007, 01:26
In fact, when we still had normal corpses in ovr two hiddens could bicker over a single corpse - though it tended to get really, really messy and the server didn't like it much.

TheOtherDante
4th September 2007, 21:12
wat would be funnier than watching the living iris get the corpse ripped from his/her clutches would be..... watching the living iris get flicked away has the hidden flicks the corpse

Paegus
4th September 2007, 21:34
something we really need to try in a playtest some time in an ovr map: iris tennis. 2 hiddens, an iris and a table... i'll leave the rest to your imaginations.

Cheesey
4th September 2007, 21:36
Quentin called, he wants this for his new movie...

TheOtherDante
4th September 2007, 21:41
something we really need to try in a playtest some time in an ovr map: iris tennis. 2 hiddens, an iris and a table... i'll leave the rest to your imaginations.

Oh the hilarouty
yet another intresting thought for an extra game mode, a sort of hidden version of pong. Only this time someone will lose there life and it anit one of the hiddens.

have u ever tryed to kill another hidden with a physics object in ovr, ive played catch in ovr once it was the best 2 mins i ever had play H-S

Zabiela
4th September 2007, 21:44
have u ever tryed to kill another hidden with a physics object in ovr, ive played catch in ovr once it was the best 2 mins i ever had play H-S

I got everyone down to red once just with objects, but then they started tking each other and the new hiddens just raped the rest.
Its great- you get unlimited tries :P

edit: oh wait no, not another hidden, is that even possible?

TheOtherDante
4th September 2007, 21:48
edit: oh wait no, not another hidden, is that even possible?

i dont know....... thats why im asking

errrr.... DUR!!

Paegus
4th September 2007, 21:55
yes... i palletted another hidden once. his fault for pouncing right up in front of me and my already released pallet which would have missed the iris anyway.

was pretty hilarious though throwing it, the sinking "it's gonna miss and they're gonna perforate me" feeling only to have a shower of gibs rain down over all over them...

lcpuche
4th September 2007, 23:34
(becuase girls do play this game i know that for a fact) [/SIZE]

daed where is your rules of the internet paper?

Specht
5th September 2007, 00:19
But, if your buddy died, would you shoot him to not let the hidden feed? I don't think so, and you probably wouldn't know that the hidden would have the hability to feed with human bodies...

Daedalus
5th September 2007, 06:52
daed where is your rules of the internet paper?

Daed delivers (http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2857/rulesoftheinternetba6.jpg)!

@Zab: That's the only reason I tolerate playing ovr. Usually I get everyone's hp down, then someone decides to kill himself. With fire.

Then I start using the knife. ;)

TheOtherDante
5th September 2007, 13:47
wow theres rules to the internet....:confused:
number 30 needs to be revised, who do i see?