PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Source Community Group

Boxy
10th August 2007, 19:31
With the release of Valve's Steam Community (http://wwww.steamcommunity.com) the team have setup a Hidden Source Community group which is open to the public to join. Be sure to have upgraded your Steam client (http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/The_Steam_Community) to run the new Steam Community beta and then just join the Hidden Source Community group. We will do our best to keep the group aware of any important changes such as media updates and release dates. Dive on in and we will see you on the other side...

In case you missed the obvious link, the Hidden Source group can be found here (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/hidden).

<Beatlemania>
11th August 2007, 03:50
Good work! i wonder if the chat room will get going?

Demented
11th August 2007, 06:37
Oh, right! There's a Steam chat room now... Maybe that'll replace the utterly dejected IRC channel. Just need to get it started.

Paegus
11th August 2007, 09:48
well the plus side to the IRC channel is that it's steam/game client independent so any lockups/crashes in that department wont wipe any unread chat... unless your whole computer roasts.

Boxy
11th August 2007, 10:33
well the plus side to the IRC channel is that it's steam/game client independent so any lockups/crashes in that department wont wipe any unread chat... unless your whole computer roasts.

The Steam Community runs seperate from any game you playing though so the only way you would miss chat is if your whole Steam client locked up and crashed. Thats not happened to me very often, Source yes....Steam not so much.

Boat Builder
19th August 2007, 00:09
Good work! i wonder if the chat room will get going?

Chat works for me.

Just can't run it out of the browser, have to do it in steam.

Hatchacha!

EDIT: unless by "get going" you meant people start using it... in which case yeah, i hope it gets going as well.

Redeemer
23rd August 2007, 08:31
Any1 else encountered strange behaviour ?
Everythink was fine till 3 days ago. Since then it looks like all I got is group name in firends list. Cant see the members (clicking '+' in friends list -> no change), cant send msg to them, cant invite to hidden group, cant invite members from hidden group (to group chat / ...)

Hope this is only temporary :confused:

Demented
23rd August 2007, 21:42
Eh, it's probably a Steam thing.
They need to put in bold letters on every Steam window, "Steam: We gain new bugs with every update!"

Isolation
23rd August 2007, 22:46
The Steam Community runs seperate from any game you playing though so the only way you would miss chat is if your whole Steam client locked up and crashed. Thats not happened to me very often, Source yes....Steam not so much.

Funny, I managed to crash Steam just today. Of course, I was doing something Valve must not like... searching for servers.

Redeemer
23rd August 2007, 23:04
Will wait and pray :D

Redeemer
26th August 2007, 11:51
OMG
Half of problem solved.

After unchecking 'show online user only' I find "too many members to show" message as an offline item in h:s group. This rly made me angry. Stupid idea that Steam is trying to tell user something by an offline item. So now I know that steam displays the group the way as it should.

But the main problem still remains. I can't send messages to members of h:s group (& invite them to chat room) - via clicking send message on SteamID page of any member.

Are u also unable to send msgs ?

Paegus
14th September 2007, 06:07
lol

'beta has ended, please restart steam'!

/restarts

'update news: steam community online, please restart steam'

zzzz