I am going to start making a new map for hidden source
i have no idea of what to base it on just no i like it to be

a refreshing new map. bored of the others
Traps and stuff to do in the map

Any ideas guys
or if some one like to make a map plan and i make it

Zabiela
28th July 2007, 11:12
A derelict apartment complex. I want another good one of those.

WS-Rich
28th July 2007, 12:24
I did say a refreshing new map. bored of the others

Come on guys bring on the ideas

Ging
28th July 2007, 14:12
A warehouse - they're always a good bet for originality and refreshingness...

Cheesey
28th July 2007, 15:25
A abandoned hospital with a graveyard in the cellar a warehouse in the middle and on the top some kinda highrise-clone... or no wait, a ship on the top of the hospital....

brechtos
28th July 2007, 17:15
-Luna park:p
-A fair
-theme park
-antartica

Paegus
28th July 2007, 17:40
-what's a luna park?
-a theme park/fair would require too many custom models. and they're usually quite open affording the hidden too much freedom... not that i would not enjoy pouncing from tent roof to tent roof or anything. especially if they were both flexible and non bulletproof. but alas the source engine probably wont be too accommodating there.
-an antarctic research base might be fun but only if breath showed up... and by breath i mean specifically the hidden's breath. but only in certain areas. to bad source's rendering order is bad news for the refraction shader.

A warehouse - they're always a good bet for originality and refreshingness...

now there's an original idea. i don't think we have 20 of those.

i'd say subway station but i gather that's taken... /looks at fuzzy(?)

WS-Rich
28th July 2007, 22:21
Wow some good ideas there guys
thanks

Joe
29th July 2007, 05:02
I like the idea of something fun and friendly that everyone knows and then adding a darker edge to it. Since a fair would be too open a Warehouse with fair rides and generally happy stuff stored in it. also I like the idea of a hospital. i have not played any of the office maps but a office map with a bunch of props that can be shot up something like the battles in F.E.A.R. paper and debry flying every where with the hidden running around.

Isolation
29th July 2007, 09:31
Underwater Research Facility and Shopping Mall for the win.

Find a map like THAT for Hidden, and I'll give you a cookie.

Zabiela
29th July 2007, 10:10
Underwater Research Facility

http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=7580

Close but no cigar.

Paegus
29th July 2007, 10:19
raccoon city anyone?

a while back i was futsing around on hex/hdn_extinct, a volcanic island research base that was partially submerged and if the hidden did the right/wrong things the volcano might start to erupt again but i got bored and binned it... so feel free.
and while it lacked a shopping mall as such, it did have a nice cafeteria area with 'sawblade' dinner trays...

WS-Rich
29th July 2007, 16:38
http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=7580

Close but no cigar.
Not a bad idea but the only thing is what you see when you look out in to the water hmm i think you would have to use an under water texture with glass in font of it to get the right look.
Hmm no sure but i think i like this idea.
What do you guys think?

brechtos
29th July 2007, 17:02
It would indeed require ome seriuous custom content creation skills but you could give it a try.

Demented
29th July 2007, 18:17
The glass wouldn't be nearly as much trouble (if any) as trying to simulate a fog volume in the water. Unless you're talking about shallow water, and then it's just lighting.

Mr. Bottomhat
29th July 2007, 19:21
A school. I support anything that has to do with murdering children.

WS-Rich
30th July 2007, 16:02
It would indeed require ome seriuous custom content creation skills but you could give it a try.

I think i am going to start again with my stargate map for hidden
its easyer and i have all the stuff for it

just like to ask brechtos are you using that map as just a temple map for hidden or is it going to be the same as it is in your cs:s map

brechtos
30th July 2007, 19:35
Do you know my stargate version of it?:)

But no I'm not going to add the stargate to the hidden lost version as the room would have no purpose.

And just to say to everyone whoe didn't know this:
I'm a real stargate freak:rolleyes:

some of my stargate work:

http://www.mappers-alliance.com/gallery.php?view=2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHysQJ-JX6g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azETbxfG-1c

http://www.mappers-alliance.com/gallery.php?viewimg=12
http://www.mappers-alliance.com/gallery.php?viewimg=7
http://www.mappers-alliance.com/gallery.php?viewimg=6
http://www.mappers-alliance.com/gallery.php?viewimg=5

WS-Rich
30th July 2007, 22:41
Do you know my stargate version of it?

But no I'm not going to add the stargate to the hidden lost version as the room would have no purpose.

And just to say to everyone whoe didn't know this:
I'm a real stargate freak:rolleyes:

Yep your work rocks mate i also no david brophy
Hes help me alot.
Thanks keep up the good work mate.

Euphoria
6th August 2007, 08:37
If you haven't already made a final decision,

1.) A desolate port village with decrepid piers and walkways half submerged by sea water, with a few run down wooden buildings on the shore, over shadowed by rocky cliffs, maybe with a ruined building ontop, accessiable by walkways or a cave system, maybe only by the hidden. Oh yeah and a few beached boats, and maybe in an enclosed bay.

2.)Ruins of a stone keep, only the shell of the rooms with a few planks of would on each floor left, as well as some staircases, both spiral and right angled. Capable of iris climbing quite high, loads of potential for the hidden to push (beta5) or slash off iris. Maybe a few towers in some of the corners, hidden, as with manor, starts off at the highest point, iris start in keep floor (grassey.) Holes in all of the main room floors, allows quick descent or ascent for the hidden but injury and possible death (depending on how high up) for the iris. Encourages thinking vertically as well as horizontally. Maybe some water puddles at the bottom, so a fallen hidden may alert the iris up top where he is, if he is clumsy or makes a mistake. Would be a a lot taller than it is wide, with rough side ratios of something like 2:2:7/8

3.)A desolate appartment complex high up in the middle of a sky scraper, with walls fallen away on some of the sides, basically creating a cube of rooms to play in, with holes in some of the walls as well as debris and staircases to climb. Cramped rooms, but a hidden would be capable of moving across and up and down the up fairly quickly, but maybe with some harder to get through holes in some rooms to balance things out a bit.

Thats all I can think with of off the top of my head.

EDIT: if interested in any of the ideas, if you want me to I could sketch my interpretation of them, as I have some skill at that, but I have no mapping skills or patience to learn them so all this is beyond me to make myself.

WS-Rich
6th August 2007, 10:12
No i haven't made a final decision yet.
Your ideas are good i like them.

Well i have not started anything yet
but i no i like the new map to have some of this in it

Have old underground building and an outside in it
have new things in the map like places to go or some thing to do aswell as kill the hidden.
Like locked door with a keypad or traps hmm some thing like that anyway.

I also need some one to sketch a layout in full works

Maybe an underground lab or prision and on topground a beach or an island with water all round, tall building aswell on the island with like a highrise type thing on the top of the building.

Well think thats a bit of all your ideas put in to one not a bad come out
Thanks

-SM-SUCKER
6th August 2007, 12:26
You might think about making a hex map as they give you plenty of choices to enhance gameplay. The way you can lead IRIS through the map to get to their objectives gives you many different choke points which will ALL be passed if IRIS want's to win.

Sithun
9th August 2007, 09:38
Had an idea that poped up when i thought about cs_rats (no i dont play cs, i hate the game) Why not make a miniature world? The map is on this table in the middle of a room (the 3d skybox is the room). Theres lots of silly things you can do: Ride the modeltrain, play in the dollhouse, slaughter miniature iris-soldiers with your miniature knife, the list goes ever on! :D

Dr.SharK
9th August 2007, 12:23
Had an idea that poped up when i thought about cs_rats (no i dont play cs, i hate the game) Why not make a miniature world? The map is on this table in the middle of a room (the 3d skybox is the room). Theres lots of silly things you can do: Ride the modeltrain, play in the dollhouse, slaughter miniature iris-soldiers with your miniature knife, the list goes ever on! :D

I- don't have a problem with this, but I can't speak for others. When stuff like this started coming out for Insurgency, people started screaming and yelling at the person who made the map. I'm afraid that some people might do the same in Hidden.

Daedalus
9th August 2007, 14:25
I- don't have a problem with this, but I can't speak for others. When stuff like this started coming out for Insurgency, people started screaming and yelling at the person who made the map. I'm afraid that some people might do the same in Hidden.

Why the hell would they do that? If they don't like it then they should promptly remove themselves from the internet (gtfo) or become an hero (/kill)