PDA

View Full Version : Idea 1: Please, Make thy day.

Merciless
20th July 2007, 20:01
Alreet :)

Ill post another suggestion too but this is my first!

1. PLZ OMFG remove the shotgun. it seriously just seems like the most overpowered skilless luckshot one shot camping promoting gun in any game i've ever played.

I hope that you understand my frustration, now ill explain in more detail why i think it should be removed.

1a. The shotgun promotes camping with its 1 hit kill
1b. I think you didnt intend people to camp in this game.
1c. Its no fun, its all about luck and no skill.
1d. The shotgun promotes camping....
1e. Its annoying.
1f. Noobs use it
1g. Try taking 6 IRIS camping in Sewers with shotties, in the corner left from the big room with the walkway. Your pipebombs are ineffective on the water. go on.... try it.. PLZ.
1h. It promotes camping.
1i. Nobody who has been playing hidden for a decent amount of time touch's the gun.

Yes i know i said it promotes camping 3 times. Go join a server and see how many people using the shotgun camp. i can garuntee 90%. If im wrong, please demo and show me it. ill pay with my blood for it.

Sorry to be harsh, i just really needed to get it out of my system.

If im wrong, please come up with some kind of PRO'S list to the wep, to me, it spoils some aspects of the game.

Demented
20th July 2007, 20:10
1) It's useful for TKing.
2) You can spam it to clear a narrow hallway.
3) Hiddens mistake you for a noob.
4) You don't have to wield an F2000 to feel like walking death.*
5) No long-distance OMGWTF kills.
6) See crate. Shoot crate. Shatter crate.
7) 7th amendment: The right to freedom of reloading.

*However, real pros use the FN303.

Merciless
20th July 2007, 20:16
I lolled :P

-SM-SUCKER
20th July 2007, 21:29
1) It's useful for TKing.
There aren't many things that give me more satisfaction than getting a shotgun swawn camper to kill his teammates! And when they start typing to apologise you slash him once for the fun of it :)

starstriker1
21st July 2007, 02:23
We're already figuring out how the shotgun could be fixed/changed. See the relevant thread in the mod discussion forum.

Cheesey
21st July 2007, 07:03
We're already figuring out how the shotgun could be fixed/changed. See the relevant thread in the mod discussion forum.

There is a extra thread for exactly this topic (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=8462&page=5), why everybody wants to have his own...:confused:

QReaper
21st July 2007, 07:17
1. No, just no.
1a. Pipebombs, do you use them?
1b. See 1a
1c. Skill can over ride luck, as long as you're skillful enough.
1d. See 1a
1e. BAWWWWWWWW
1f. See 1e
1g. Bounce them off the concrete wall and have them blow up on the concrete.
1h. See 1a
1i. That should be a testament to why it should be included. Face facts, without it, the pitiful players couldn't feel good about themselves.