PDA

View Full Version : Less Lethal Launcher - Pump it up!

Fatchaos
24th June 2007, 05:48
Ah, the Less lethal launcher. In hands of a pro, against a clever and experienced Hidden, you are doomed. Simple as that.

It just doesent have the goods to deliver it as too usefull, more like a lucky chance weapon... for 2 aparent reasons:

1. Fire-rate. Its...not very high comparing. But this is not the main problem, and I do not suggest to change this at all.

2. Hitting with that thing. Its just cruel,really. Since they dont go off where you shoot them instantly, hitting a fast moving Hidden with this is more like a game of roulette... or more like russian roulette.

The good side of Less lethal is:

1. It wont injure your teammates too much, very little dmg and their visions get blurry for only a short time.

2. It deals massive damage to hidden if hit 2 or more times, blurs his vision (on 1 hit too), and usually makes him less effective since the blurriness of the vision or makes even experienced Hidden panic when his health is slowly draining.

So what Im proposing is that the Less lethal projectiles should be fired like bullets ( Since its not the intenion of the mod to be realistic...They said it themselves :D ), making them hit instantly, or at least make the projectiles fly AT LEAST 50% faster... the more the better.

Im sure I would use that gun more often then ;)

Isolation
24th June 2007, 05:55
Two words: Beta. Five.

303 will rock some socks and felt some faces...

But noobs will probably still migrate to the 2000 and SG.

starstriker1
24th June 2007, 07:00
Yeah, the 15 round magazine doesn't go as long as it used to.

So, yeah, we're way ahead of you.

Niar
24th June 2007, 08:12
There must be some balance to this I presume? Lowering the poison damage per shot or so?

Daedalus
24th June 2007, 08:19
There must be some balance to this I presume? Lowering the poison damage per shot or so?

No not really, the fire rate is just upped.

It's quite balanced imo since right now the 303 can't really stop (or at least heavily wound) a hidden that's hellbent on tripleslashing you.

VoiceOfDecember
24th June 2007, 09:08
The good side of Less lethal is:

1. It wont injure your teammates too much, very little dmg and their visions get blurry for only a short time.

Thats a good side? I don't know about you but when people start letting off rounds it means 617 is nearby and if your hit with the 303 then 617 is probably right next to you. That short period of time where you can't see anything is enough time for 617 to escape or dole out some harshness on you :( Personally I would rather cop flack from a shotgun and get a chance to kill 617 than get taken out of a firefight.

Sorry; I just have this thing where people like to shoot me with the 303 :rolleyes: It's my pet hate of the game :p

Paegus
24th June 2007, 09:29
it only does 3dmg to IRIS... which in itself is odd since it's fume based so should be inhaled by all but Gruber and do the same damage over time it does to the hidden.

Ging
24th June 2007, 14:57
it only does 3dmg to IRIS... which in itself is odd since it's fume based so should be inhaled by all but Gruber and do the same damage over time it does to the hidden.

The chemical has been manufactured to be harmless to the inoculated IRIS but disrupts key neurological and biological processes in Subject 617ís body.

And we just ignore the fact that Gruber is wearing a gas mask for well, everything... (if we chose to make use of that, we'd also have to restrict his vision and force a heavy breathing noise on the player)

Daedalus
24th June 2007, 19:12
I always thought that the pellet's hitting the IRIS actually do 3 damage.

Anywho, the 303 may not damage the IRIS much, but it really destroys your weighing. Hit a teammate twice and you can kiss your chances to be the hidden goodbye. :)

Combat Wombat
24th June 2007, 23:26
I almost never use this gun so i decided to try it out. The hidden i was going up against wasn't very good so i managed to shoot him as he was coming at me at which point he ran into a corner and stayed there, i shot the rest of my clip at him expecting him to die. I would say he got hit by a total of 7 or 8 of the pellets, i know it says less lethal but how many does it take to kill a hidden at full health?

starstriker1
25th June 2007, 01:03
At full health? Should take about 6-8 hits. Each individual shot does a tiny bit of direct damage, and a whole lot of damage over time. He might not have died instantly, but within a few seconds he probably should have keeled over unless he actually managed to find and eat a body through the haze.

<Beatlemania>
25th June 2007, 02:25
I love how random Gruber's mask is, because its kind of like wearing a tin foil hat, in this instance.

ProgrammedToConsume
25th June 2007, 02:54
Ugh, yeah... back to the topic: I always have trouble trying to kill the hidden with the 303. I always get the message "You did 7.5 to ***** in 13 shot(s)", rather annoying to use unless I'm playing sewers, especially since my weighting doesn't seem to go up when I hit with it.

Combat Wombat
25th June 2007, 06:14
At full health? Should take about 6-8 hits. Each individual shot does a tiny bit of direct damage, and a whole lot of damage over time. He might not have died instantly, but within a few seconds he probably should have keeled over unless he actually managed to find and eat a body through the haze.

I guess if i had run away he would probably have died, it was 1 vs 1. But i shot him that many times in a few seconds and then he turned around and killed me through the haze so i guess there wasn't enough time for his to health to drop too drastically.

I got the message you did 40. damage in 82 shots i didn't post that at 1st because that sounds ridiculous and i probably read it wrong because i didn't fire anywhere near 82 shots. But looking at what Lord Xemnas wrote i guess it is possible i read it right after all.

Fatchaos
25th June 2007, 10:21

But 303 is especcially desinged to work against the Hidden, not on normal human beings,right? Two words: Chemichal Warfare

And as it has already been noted, this Mod is not all about realism ( We have a guy who can splatter a man in pieces with a knife,yes? ... not forgetting he is almost invisible too:rolleyes: . )

Then again, maybe I'm the one whos stupid ( I usually am :p )

Ion
26th June 2007, 06:56
303 will rock some socks and felt some faces...

Pump up my favorite weapon! :D
(Besides the P90)

Zabiela
26th June 2007, 16:03
especially since my weighting doesn't seem to go up when I hit with it.

It does, at 20-25 points per hit, plus the initial 4 or 5 damage from the hit.

Paegus
26th June 2007, 18:17
the 303 give you 20wp per period. no damage points at all last i checked.

Mr. Bottomhat
26th June 2007, 22:08
They changed the weight for 303 in b5? Since now it seems like you get a one time 25 weight and then minimally more for dmg and of course 50 for the rare kill.

Paegus
26th June 2007, 23:11
i'm pretty sure it is was and will probably remain 20wp per hit with the 303. no ifs buts or maybes.

though i have noticed some odd discrepancies while using it... and other weapons for that matter. like killing the hidden with 122 damage, not having TWed at all but only getting 92wp... too bad i can't reproduce it.