PDA

View Full Version : Pipebombs

Combat Wombat
20th June 2007, 04:45
Hi everyone this is my 1st post. Maybe you all disagree with me but i have been playing alot of hidden latley and i feel that the pipebombs are overpowered. Just the other day i killed 7 people at full health with them and severely injured the last one. And i have had the 1st one take me down to 30 health and the next one finish me off. It might be a good idea to maybe lessen the damage or take it away all together and make it more of a flashbang sort of thing.

<Beatlemania>
20th June 2007, 06:11
You only get 3, and you can't kill all the iris with them unless they are all clumped together... in which case they deserve it. I think its fine as is, and if you can use them well, great. Personally, Ive never thought they were overpowered, just maybe cheap when you use two on one guy.

Felf
20th June 2007, 18:42
There's also a server-based limit (it's either the b4a hotfix, or a commonly used script, I'm not sure which) so that you don't ever have too many nades for IRIS members - I think it sets it to 0 below 3, then slowly works its way up. Nades as they are *are* rather powerful, but at the same time the hidden reveals his position to anyone he doesn't hit. It's also considered "bad form" to use too many grenades all at once (generally, hitting the same person with 2 grenades is considered unsporting). That seems to mean less and less these days, but if you play with some more conscientious hiddens, you'll find they tend to go easy on the pipe bombs - the same is true of pigstick. Although both are hugely overpowered if abused (changing in b5), neither should be a problem if the right player is using them.

Combat Wombat
20th June 2007, 20:26
Well since you guys are the vets you probably know better and perhaps i'll get better at avoiding pipebombs the more i play. The server where i usually play on doesn't have the build up of bombs it gives the hidden 3 no matter how many iris there are. I was playing 1 vs. 1 yesterday and every single one of my deaths was from nades. I don't seem to get a chance to play with a whole lot of concientous hiddens either it seems but when i do its a ton of fun.

You guys keep mentioning B5, when is that coming out? How is it going to change the pigstick?

Isolation
20th June 2007, 20:28
You guys keep mentioning B5, when is that coming out? How is it going to change the pigstick?

No date just yet, and the PS will be limited in use, only available after 617 is at or below 20-25 health (which gets turned 'off' if he feeds).

Zabiela
20th June 2007, 20:44
I was playing 1 vs. 1 yesterday and every single one of my deaths was from nades. I don't seem to get a chance to play with a whole lot of concientous hiddens either it seems but when i do its a ton of fun.

Yeah sounds like you played with some lamo. Keep playing and you'll meet good people.

Daedalus
20th June 2007, 21:07
Well since you guys are the vets you probably know better and perhaps i'll get better at avoiding pipebombs the more i play.

Sometimes you just can't dodge the darn things. The only time I do seem to avoid them is when I'm with another IRIS and we stop at a corner. I'm the first to back away in case of an eventual explosion...

ninjaguy990
20th June 2007, 21:17
it is kinda realistic cos they would really all die if a bomb land in front of them

starstriker1
21st June 2007, 01:33
Realism is neither implemented nor desirable.

Anyways, the hiddens who spam their bombs right off the bat are crippling themselves for later. As weapons go, they're best saved for a good opportunity, like a camper in a bad spot or a clumped group of IRIS. Sometimes I'll have all my bombs left at the end of the match simply because I save them for the situations that actually require their use. Other times, saving them for the best moment has made the difference between winning or losing a match.

Daedalus
21st June 2007, 05:16
Anyways, the hiddens who spam their bombs right off the bat are crippling themselves for later. As weapons go, they're best saved for a good opportunity, like a camper in a bad spot or a clumped group of IRIS. Sometimes I'll have all my bombs left at the end of the match simply because I save them for the situations that actually require their use. Other times, saving them for the best moment has made the difference between winning or losing a match.

Eh, the ones that do spam their bombs at the beginning don't know crap on how to play so they usually die attempting to bumrush a marine.

I save them up as well, and end up cursing the whole server for not using them cause I attempted to whack the shotgun guy in the corner with a box. :rolleyes:

VoiceOfDecember
21st June 2007, 08:00
saving them for the best moment has made the difference between winning or losing a match.

QFT right there mate.

Fatchaos
24th June 2007, 04:39
Yeah, I dont really think theres anything wrong with the nades. True, its irritating to get directly hit by one (or moresome if a second one is coming), since it will most likely give Hidden the chance to 1slash1kill and it also blurs your vision for several seconds. But hey, you guys got modern Assault Rifles (FN2000), combat shotguns (Remmington), High-rate of fire smgs (P90), and a less useful Less lethal launcher... And backup pistols. And lets not even talk about the secondary items. Therefore I say its pretty reasonable for hidden to have made some home made pipe-bombs...

Niar
24th June 2007, 07:16
Did someone just camp in the vent in stalkyard again? *Sigh*
FIne, i'll go nade em.

-Silєηt-
25th June 2007, 23:35
[Ging] Would you do me a favour, read the sodding rules and keep to them? I'm fairly sure this is at least the second time I've had to remove this sort of garbage from one of your posts... Continue and you will be removed - and that includes your access to test builds.

Diego
25th June 2007, 23:45
I think the nades are just right...depending on the server.. On our server there's one grenade if there are 4 iris and 2 if there are 8 I think. I hate to play on servers where you have 3 pipe bombs from the very beginning, no matter how many iris here are. I don't know why people set their servers up like that.

And besides that...good to hear about that thing with the PS :) I think thats a very nice solution!!!