PDA

View Full Version : Its not the size...

Fatchaos
15th June 2007, 15:20
Not that I really have anything to complain about, but I would like to see more smaller stuff. Yes, smaller stuff. You heard me. And I mean smaller stuff that Hidden could throw. Smaller stuff that are capable of doing damage though. Usually you are throwing barrels and crates, but what about nice cinder blocks, buckets, shovels... You get the idea. I know there are some smaller stuff in there already, but I would like to see more of them lying around :rolleyes:

Then again, maybe Im just stupid :p

Mr. Bottomhat
15th June 2007, 17:10
Tires are sex.

Paegus
15th June 2007, 17:24
there has to be a cut off somewhere. every physically active object uses up that much more bandwidth. and being hit with an obviously empty (by the sound) soda can...

starstriker1
15th June 2007, 17:56
There's also physics prediction to take into account... walking over the smaller objects causes immersion breaking jittering. That was one of the main issues with the cans in stalkyard, which no longer exist in the latest builds...

It WOULD be nice to have them, but unless there's an elegant way to force them not to collide with players (at least, whenever they have less than x kinetic energy), it would do more harm than good...

Fatchaos
17th June 2007, 10:43
Well, in that case, you certainly have a point. Too bad, I guess Ill just have to hone my skills at throwing boxes & barrels then... not forgetting the Xbox :p

Or the bear.

Matt
17th June 2007, 13:04
That is not just any bear.. THATS JIMMEH and btw, he does no damage ( i know :( -however i still laugh when i throw jimmeh at people dispite them just killing me afterwards :D)

Euphoria
17th June 2007, 14:42
That is not just any bear.. THATS JIMMEH and btw, he does no damage

I've heard differently, though i've never seen a jimmeh kill myself, apart from in a video (Daedalus'?? I can't remember..)

-SM-SUCKER
17th June 2007, 15:15
Depends on the map. On some maps Jimmeh can kill.

Fatchaos
24th June 2007, 04:51
Really? I never noticed that... Though I seldom throw the bear... sorry, JIMMEH at the Iris. Its fun :)

Paegus
24th June 2007, 08:36
stalkyard (where he's not exactly easy to get your mits on), origin and i think executive are the only 3 in which he's a pain giver. i'm not 100% on executive though. it's been a while since i browsed the entity lists.

though i quite enjoyed my randomly active jimmeh project where you can pick him up and throw him about all you like doing normal damage but if he comes into contact with an iris player who he thinks is a virgin he'll gut them like a fish and steal their spleen. all very gory... i should see how it looks with the fixed ragdolls

Boxy
24th June 2007, 08:38
I'm pretty sure as of B5 that hes a 'pain giver' (and so he should be) on all levels. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure during the level facelifts I adjusted the flags...

Daedalus
24th June 2007, 18:16
stalkyard (where he's not exactly easy to get your mits on)

Just get into the upper vent exit, slash at the vent, then grab him as he falls. I only failed to grab him once using this method.