PDA

View Full Version : A good suggestion for the hidden guy!

robin_tha_hood
11th June 2007, 07:00
Can you please make the hidden's melee attacks, lock on, and automaticly charge forward.

Exactly like how the melee attacks in halo 2 do.

Example in text: you get close to your victim, you line you sights up with his body, so that your reticle turns red, and when you hit the (normal melee attack or pigstick) you automaticly lounge forward 5 feet so that your have a higher chance of hitting him, without having to press the forward key.

this is the best halo 2 melee clip I can find, that shows a good melee hit.
Halo 2 melee (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCYIi-V2Wd8)

So my point is to make the hidden guy easy-er to play, by giving him auto lock on melee attacks, that charge and attack the enemy, just by pressing the attack button.

but make it so that you can only do that, by having him in your reticle.

Ging
11th June 2007, 09:47
Can you please make the hidden's melee attacks, lock on, and automaticly charge forward.

Easily answered this one...

No, it's not going to happen... We like having some requirement of skill...

Daedalus
11th June 2007, 10:18
Yeah, I like to have at least a small chance to dodge the bastard when he's trying to pigstick me again and again and again...

Doomsiren
11th June 2007, 10:28

QFT

Paegus
11th June 2007, 11:27
but thanks for the suggestion.

i needed a good laugh... but now everyone's staring at me disapprovingly.

Isolation
11th June 2007, 19:01
*shiver*

/me still has nightmares of the homing plasma blade

Never... again...

Boat Builder
12th June 2007, 02:19
Hmm, not sure if i'd even find being forced straight your quarry to be that much of an advantage a lot of the time. Sometimes i think i'd rather miss.

Interesting idea, but i think most players within the modding community aren't all that partial to halo's combat system. I say "most" because i don't really see anything wrong with it, but it has it's place. And that place isn't anywhere near the game of finesse that i see H:S as.

A lock-on Pigstick would be... interesting. :P

Isolation
12th June 2007, 07:53
Interesting idea, but i think most players within the modding community aren't all that partial to halo's combat system. I say "most" because i don't really see anything wrong with it, but it has it's place. And that place isn't anywhere near the game of finesse that i see H:S as.

I'm probably the most pro-console player here, I love me some third person shooters, but I HATE (with a passion) Halo's melee combat. Nothing says "skill-free" like homing insta-kills. Seriously, did Bungie think that was a good thing?

VoiceOfDecember
12th June 2007, 09:34

Thread Closed. Nothing else needs to be added here.