PDA

View Full Version : The Hidden and his voice

-SM-SUCKER
7th June 2007, 13:55
Seeing the Hidden has no teammates it would be a good thing to let him speak to the other team. I don't mean alltalk. The IRIS should be able to keep their conersations secret, but they should be able to hear what the Hidden is telling them.
It would be best if the voice would not come over the radio though. I would like to see it beeing used like the taunts, ranged so that only nearby IRIS will be able to hear him wispering to them. Would be a new method to freak out some guys... :eek:

Chas0r
7th June 2007, 16:00
As long as no radio message icon is magically appearing above the hidden, that's an awesome idea.
I always blamed Source for this feature not being implemented yet..

Paegus
7th June 2007, 17:19
would certainly be nice but it would ruin the immersion to have some 12yr old voice blaring over the voice comms instead of a gruff reverse reverbed voice liek those taunts.

if they could apply pitch filters and whatnot to his channel then yes most definitely. but i don't think they can.

Merciless
7th June 2007, 18:17
if i remember right, there was some death/laugh taunts that weren't implemented by the team in some of the b4 sound folders during the closed beta. i guess they were supposed to be used for what your describing here. don't know why the team decided against it.

-SM-SUCKER
7th June 2007, 20:17
if i remember right, there was some death/laugh taunts that weren't implemented by the team in some of the b4 sound folders during the closed beta. i guess they were supposed to be used for what your describing here. don't know why the team decided against it.
I'm not talking about pre recorded sounds. I want to talk the IRIS the way I can talk to any person standing next to me in real life. Would be cool in any game.

Mayhem
7th June 2007, 21:12
@TDP

Hahaha, god we'd have so much fun with it :D H:S would turn into a standup comedy contest.

The Hiddens 'mic' should be still muteable, so that the hidden can't just spam the voice.

Demented
7th June 2007, 21:18
I'm not talking about pre recorded sounds. I want to talk the IRIS the way I can talk to any person standing next to me in real life. Would be cool in any game.

There's insufficient control for mods to make voicechat localized. It's global chat, team chat, or nothing. But I can't help but think you know that, and are suggesting something different....

ininjai
7th June 2007, 21:27

Just like in splinter cell choas theory. When you crack a merc's neck, you may hack there communication and talk to that player.

-SM-SUCKER
8th June 2007, 00:47
There's insufficient control for mods to make voicechat localized. It's global chat, team chat, or nothing. But I can't help but think you know that, and are suggesting something different....
I have to admit: No I didn't know that for sure. Part of me believed it wouldn't be possible to implement, but the greater one was hoping otherwise... damn Source :(

<Beatlemania>
13th June 2007, 05:26
I remember running behind one IRIS newbie's back for like a minute before i got bored with it. That would be awesome to chat with IRIS, its like an annoying fly that you cant squash...except scary and involving murder.

-SM-SUCKER
13th June 2007, 11:38
I had something coming into my mind. What if you could record your own taunts in the game.
Press a button and talk into your microphone to record 2-3 seconds. The soundfile could be uploaded and played with a little delay, playing like one of the other prerecorded taunts.

Euphoria
13th June 2007, 17:43
I like. I like a lot.

Paegus
13th June 2007, 20:12
while that would work nice to allow for the filtering and processing aspects i serously doubt that the engine has the wherewithall to accomplish said feat.

DvlStx
13th June 2007, 20:14
Yea, and if you look into the sound folder, the 'Fresh Meat' and 'I'm Here' taunts were intended to be heard over the IRIS mic, and be even more messed up and scary. I think these would be cool, like if you kill an IRIS, you can take the walky-talky, and then use the 617 radio taunts. Just check the sounds folder. They're cool xD

Cheesey
14th June 2007, 17:18
I had something coming into my mind. What if you could record your own taunts in the game.
Press a button and talk into your microphone to record 2-3 seconds. The soundfile could be uploaded and played with a little delay, playing like one of the other prerecorded taunts.

In a perfect world with perfect creatures.... MAYBE

Just think about the dumb asses who ARE actually ruining the gameplay. If you would let record them their only voice-taunts, the game can get really annoying very fast!...

-SM-SUCKER
14th June 2007, 19:55
True. But maybe you can disable someone taunting you by muting him using the player list. But I don't know if this can be done in a mod...

ProgrammedToConsume
15th June 2007, 04:32
There's more evil in the in-game chat than in the Al-Qaeda suggestion box.

If muting were allowed I guess it would be cool. Home-made taunts, I could have fun with that.

Niar
21st June 2007, 00:03
Oh god, it'd be like c'thun (in WoW), who kept whispering to seperate players really disturbing stuff >.<