PDA

View Full Version : Harder game mode for subject 617. (my thoughts)

ininjai
6th June 2007, 03:18
I been playing this game for awhile now and think it would be great for a harder game mode for the hidden(subject 617). My thoughts include a "knife" that is not invisible. This is something that anyone could live without but I think this will help noobs get the eye to spot hidden better and vets get better at hidden. Gameplay would involve a visable knife that you could drop, pick-up, throw at objects(not at i.r.i.s). I think it would be cool to have a knife you could drop and pick up later, or if hidden is shot he could drop his knife and iris could camp it. If subject 617 did drop his knife and could not get it back, he would have to use his pipe-bombs, or other objects to lure i.r.i.s away. I dont think "the-hidden" needs this extra gameplay mode becuase it would be super hard but would have some nice strategy to it. I just want to see some extra game modes other than eight 617's on a map.

p.s. I am not suggesting to add this or even consider it, for it is just a thought.

VoiceOfDecember
6th June 2007, 05:04
Having a visible knife would be extremely hard. I got no problems seeing the hidden at all now. It's almost become a 6th sense. With your idea, I could imagine people dropping their knives on ledges so the IRIS couldn't see it and having to pounce up and get it, slash someone and throw the knife away and pounce in the opposite direction of the knife so the IRIS are shooting the airborne knife as you make your escape. Or even throwing the knife up, pouncing, collecting it mid air and slashing up again or even phys someone would be difficult. But if pulled off. Amazing.

This would help noobs spot the hidden but for the wrong reasons. It doesn't take a trained eye to see a floating knife but it does to see an invisible death machine. Plus, everyone who does the slash, pounce vertically in the air, slash, pounce vertically in the air is going to become swiss cheese.

But being able to throw a knife at an IRIS with 15hp, having him die and then being carried by the knife to be pinned against a wall would be awesome.

Sure it's not going to be implemented and its just for shits and giggles. But like wow. It would be pretty much impossible to take out a vet, let alone a team of average players. But it would separate the men from the boys :p

Doomsiren
6th June 2007, 07:32
this doesnt train them for the real thing. i think there is a big difference in learning to spot the hidden with or without visible knife. noobs dont get prepared for a real game.

Daedalus
6th June 2007, 10:13
If the hidden wants to make it hard for himself, he goes phys only.

If he doesn't...oh well.

Isolation
6th June 2007, 10:21
If the hidden wants to make it hard for himself, he goes phys only.

If he doesn't...oh well.

Bingo. Same effect as the posted suggestion, nothing needs to be added. Most of us who try and "play nice" with the new meat goof around with phys objects anyway.

-SM-SUCKER
6th June 2007, 11:04
Making the knie visible wouldn't help the noobs bacause they would never survive beeing Hidden and the pros would be able to shoot the Hidden even with greater ease.

killerking_swe
6th June 2007, 13:00
My idea:

this is going to sound crasy but i allways though of radioactive nades ^^. think of it to lob a nade to a eating hidden on the second floor in stalkyard and see him glow all green for the rest of the round. Or if he pinned in a small room a smoke nade to effect his stamina and visability, thuss easyer to spot him trying to escape.

Daedalus
6th June 2007, 14:08
No new nades. It's the rules. ;)

Cheesey
6th June 2007, 15:04
And no more or less visible 617!

lcpuche
6th June 2007, 15:20
the hidden is good as it is, its bad enough he has to fight 7 iris ... i think

Daedalus
6th June 2007, 15:30
It all depends on the skill of the players, guys...

ininjai
6th June 2007, 18:23
True, this would not help noobs see hidden better but make it harder for pro's/vet's. I would find it a lot of fun trying to figure a way to kill 8 people with a visible knife. I love this game and would not want to ruin the game play. I just would like to see other game modes.

p.s. How did subject 617's knife get cloaked?

Paegus
6th June 2007, 18:39
he's had it with him long enough for his warped bioelectric field to permiate the knife.

and, pre-emptively, the reason small world objects don't disappear when he holds them is because they would if he held it long enough and close enough but however long it takes is just that wee bit longer than whatever the round timer is set to...

Isolation
6th June 2007, 19:32
he's had it with him long enough for his warped bioelectric field to permiate the knife.

and, pre-emptively, the reason small world objects don't disappear when he holds them is because they would if he held it long enough and close enough but however long it takes is just that wee bit longer than whatever the round timer is set to...

Duh. :rolleyes: God bless video game science.

Demented
6th June 2007, 20:40
Of course, you can set the round timer longer....

Ging
6th June 2007, 21:20
Of course, you can set the round timer longer....

It's (magically) always slightly longer than the round timer :D

Demented
6th June 2007, 21:42
It always comes down to magic, don't it?

Paegus
6th June 2007, 22:20
would you rather it came down to socks? cheerios? peanut butter? burnt chilli?

actually peanut butter (jiffeh or gtfo) would work in a pinch... 'cause you know, magic can't be everywhere all the time.

Isolation
6th June 2007, 22:32
actually peanut butter (jiffeh or gtfo) would work in a pinch... 'cause you know, magic can't be everywhere all the time.

WTMF? I'd think Peter Pan peanut butter would be better, what with being peanut butter AND magic.

Paegus
7th June 2007, 07:41
yeah but when the magic goes away, as it does eventually, it's just peanut butter... moldy peanut butter at that but if it's just peanut butter then jiffy = win.

Isolation
7th June 2007, 09:50
...some day, what with all the monopolizing goin' on in industry, I hope to be able to say "Go to the store and buy me some Skippehpanjiffeh for my sammich, bitch!" And the fact that that sentence will NOT be gibberish is what frightens me most...

Wait... what the hell are we talking about peanut butter for again?

Oh, right...

Well, as prevalent as peanut butter is... I find that Mountain Dew is far more common place, and is thus the superior stand in for ol' magic.

Demented
7th June 2007, 10:09
I'd have it come down to chicken soup, myself. With soaked whole oats and honey. Mmm.

Of course, the assumption that magic can't be everywhere is blatantly false. Magic seems to get everywhere, and stay there. It's almost a plague, an infection of reality...

Cheesey
7th June 2007, 13:28
Magic is a virus...

Paegus
7th June 2007, 17:40
mt dew doesn't exist in europe though... and it's equivalent (red bull/lucasade/whatever) tastes like donkey.

at least how i imaging one would taste... not that i spent much time imagining that... i mean... arg...

Daedalus
7th June 2007, 17:58
mt dew doesn't exist in europe though

What're you talking about, I can buy one from just about any shop around here.

Paegus
7th June 2007, 18:13
UK then? i've looked but have yet to find any. which is probably a good thing i was partially addicted to that shit back when i lived in the states.

ininjai
7th June 2007, 18:38
Magic is for noobs!

Isolation
7th June 2007, 20:55
mt dew doesn't exist in europe though... and it's equivalent (red bull/lucasade/whatever) tastes like donkey.

at least how i imaging one would taste... not that i spent much time imagining that... i mean... arg...

Let's put it this way: Homer chose crab juice over Mountain Dew when he was in New York. But, Mountain Dew's sheer sugar content gives it a magical quality after about 5 of them. Or so I'm told.

Demented
7th June 2007, 21:22
If toddlers are anything to go by, Mt. Dew can make you climb walls. Obviously, the hidden needs a dose of magic.

Cheesey
11th June 2007, 15:54
617 is the real spiderman without his dress...