PDA

View Full Version : Make Exploiters and Hackers GTFO

dodomania
28th May 2007, 00:37
I have read the "Read Before Posting Suggestions" and that killed about 10 of my suggestions but I did not see anything relating to Anti-Exploit/Hacking. Ive played Hidden for a while but lately, specifically today, I wittnessed two individuals that were a little to good and they both managed to kill Subject 617 extremly fast and we could ban them from one server but not all of them unfortunatly. What im getting at is it would be extremly appreciated if some sort of file checker, or verification of data, or basically anything that can check the persons files to make sure they havn't been modified. I know that both people were almost completely invisible when they were 617. It would be nice if people like this could be banned. I know that on the forums they say that it is an hardware or driver that can make the 617 black. It would be nice there were something that check these things (If its even possible) to not allow them to play. Yes, I know its easier to suggest than to incorporate and its beta so this isn't a rant on how pissed I am, these bugs happen. Just hoping that if you see enough of these and realize that these are the major bugs to the game that are killing it for the player, not the pistol that shoots oddly fast some times. If this was already posted or mention somewhere on one of the sites, sorry and by the way VAC doesn't do anything I'm convinced. Looking foward to seeing more versions of this game, its great :D . If your wondering who the people were it was Lukki, and Aaron the Baron. If you see them watch them and you'll see what I am talking about.

TheMorris
28th May 2007, 00:59
I know that both people were almost completely invisible when they were 617. It would be nice if people like this could be banned.

After reading this I realized that you may not know what you are talking about.

If they were almost invisible to YOU that means they haven't done anything. They can't change what things look like in your game, only in theirs. This means that they were probably good players and you banned them because they were better then you were. I would rethink about banning those people.

Also, changing your files is detected last time I checked, servers will not let you in if your files are altered, but I am not 100% on this.

starstriker1
28th May 2007, 01:17
1) The game is not lacking at ALL for file checking measures.
2) You can't cheat yourself to be more invisible. If someone is being harder to see it's likely because of skill and speed. After all, the hidden is 100% invisible if he's not in your line of sight.
3) The only known hacks for hidden are either based on normal source engine exploits (wallhacks, aimbots, etc) or in finding exploits to make the hidden more visible (the so called black hidden exploit)
4) In order to tell the difference between a cheater and someone who is just good at the game, you need to have a trained eye and a thorough understanding of the game mechanics. If you want a person banned, take a demo, post it on the server admin boards.

From all indications, you just banned a player because they knew how to play properly.

Specht
28th May 2007, 02:59
Oh my god! Think well before banning people!!!

The only 1337 h4x0rz I've seen so far was on the TERRA server, someone had a some kind of speed hack, he was walking so fast (as I.R.I.S), he was even faster than Hidden's pounce! I killed him about 2 times by standing in his way on a hallway and blocking him, lol...

Zabiela
28th May 2007, 04:52
I know that both people were almost completely invisible when they were 617.

What a coiincidence!! On my computer its the same! :p

Diego
28th May 2007, 11:34
Oh my god! Think well before banning people!!!

The only 1337 h4x0rz I've seen so far was on the TERRA server, someone had a some kind of speed hack, he was walking so fast (as I.R.I.S), he was even faster than Hidden's pounce! I killed him about 2 times by standing in his way on a hallway and blocking him, lol...

Just want to make sure...you're sure, that that guy was not using steroids ??? Happens seldom, but people do it ;)

@Threat starter: There are just some people who are much better at spotting/killing the hidden as well as being the hidden. Normally those thing go hand in hand. Happens tome and my friend often, that we end up un a bunch of beginners and logically most of the time we kill the hidden. Just because of something like that we were also called cheater etc.

dodomania
28th May 2007, 15:49
After reading this I realized that you may not know what you are talking about.

If they were almost invisible to YOU that means they haven't done anything. They can't change what things look like in your game, only in theirs. This means that they were probably good players and you banned them because they were better then you were. I would rethink about banning those people.

Also, changing your files is detected last time I checked, servers will not let you in if your files are altered, but I am not 100% on this.

That is what I thought but you can ask the other 7 people on the server, he was way more invisible then he should be. Even when he was directly in front of me I could just make out movement. When he was finnally killed and a new 617 was made not a single person denied seeing a major change in the visibility of 617. When the specific person was 617 it was almost impossible to see him unless he was directly in front of your screen. Now for the idiots that say he's supposed to be invisible, uh, ya, but certainly not as invisible as he was. It wasn't a small diference in degree of invisibilty, it was extremely evident, so don't tell me myself and the 7 other people just happened to all think he was much more invisible. I don't know how it could be done, all I know that it was and maybe ill start running fraps and trying to catch the people and show pics side-by-side so people can actually see what me and the people on the server were seeing.

Ion67
28th May 2007, 16:23
First of all, its a lot harder to see the hidden when he is pouncing all around.

You are supposed to be able to make out movement a lot better.

Finally, record demo's, not fraps.

Ging
28th May 2007, 16:31
It wasn't a small diference in degree of invisibilty, it was extremely evident, so don't tell me myself and the 7 other people just happened to all think he was much more invisible.

The issue with this is that unless he somehow modified the server or your client, than there's no way he could make himself less visible.

Diego
28th May 2007, 16:33
hmmm.sounds kind a weird. But actually it should be impossible that there's a difference in the visibility. Your PC has the hidden model and can only use that one. On what server were you playing. Just a thought, but if that "cheater" uses his own server, wouldn't it then be possible to exchange the hidden model for that server ?

Cyborg
28th May 2007, 18:04
unless he found a huge, major, ultimate leet hacking hole inside the engine, there is NO way that he made himself less visible to the rest of the server. he would have needed to modify all of your shader files and changed how he was rendered on YOUR computer. it is impossible.

Diego
28th May 2007, 18:13
Was just a thought...I don't have any other explanation for something like that besides the one, that hte hidden was just very good.

butterқnife
28th May 2007, 18:14
Even when he was directly in front of me I could just make out movement...

The hidden is much harder to see close up than he is when he is far away. If he is standing right in your face he is almost completely invisible.

Nimgoble
28th May 2007, 18:31
unless he found a huge, major, ultimate leet hacking hole inside the engine, there is NO way that he made himself less visible to the rest of the server. he would have needed to modify all of your shader files and changed how he was rendered on YOUR computer. it is impossible.

QFT.

-SM-SUCKER
28th May 2007, 19:41
... the hidden is 100% invisible if he's not in your line of sight.

I think that made him (more) invisible to your eyes. It's the speed that gives the Hidden the greatest advantage against the IRIS. If you have ever encountered and beaten someone with a black Hidden you will appreciate it.

Alonzo
29th May 2007, 00:45
Just so you know, I've played with Aaron the Baron before, and he wasn't hacking.

Dr_Doak
29th May 2007, 02:51
People like the TS are pretty common. I'm pretty good as hidden and get accused of hacking all the time, banned from 2 servers so far.

99/100 people accused of hacking are just better than you, deal with it.

Cheesey
29th May 2007, 19:23
And you even haven't to play awesome... just a bit over average is enough...

When you are playing with newbs or rather new player, and you are just seeing the hidden - couse you already got "the eye" - and kill him for about 2 times in a row, he almost ever calls you a cheater...

That's the easiest way to say: you are better...

Felf
29th May 2007, 20:50
Zomigods, leet hacks. Man, I got my fair share of people crying "Hacker" at me... That's why I don't use adrenaline so much anymore; people always think it's speed hacks. It's when I run into walls because I can't see that they catch on. I've maybe once or twice come across what I thought were genuine hackers (1 aimbot, 2 BHS that I can remember). I beat one of the BHSs through virtue of my 1337 skills, but ALWAYS take a demo if you think someone's hacking - let the fulltime server admins on the forums have a look, since they'll be a better judge than you will ever be.

Specht
2nd June 2007, 02:50
Just want to make sure...you're sure, that that guy was not using steroids ??? Happens seldom, but people do it ;)

@Threat starter: There are just some people who are much better at spotting/killing the hidden as well as being the hidden. Normally those thing go hand in hand. Happens tome and my friend often, that we end up un a bunch of beginners and logically most of the time we kill the hidden. Just because of something like that we were also called cheater etc.

I am completely sure it was cheat, it was faster than anything, like, 3 seconds and he was on the opposite side of hdn_highrise (from where IRIS spawn to where the hidden spawns), while under adrenaline shot effect it would take 6 seconds or even more... His name was something like "Hypernia", I don't really remember, but next time I will record a demo!

And I am not a new guys as you might think, I've been called cheater / hacker several times... I get so pissed off when they call me cheater, but then I get my revenge by humiliating them with the XBOX kill, most of them leave the server after I kill them with the XBOX xD

lcpuche
3rd June 2007, 14:31
The hidden is much harder to see close up than he is when he is far away. If he is standing right in your face he is almost completely invisible.

not really :/

butterқnife
3rd June 2007, 17:45
not really :/

Umm... yeah that's the way it works.

lcpuche
3rd June 2007, 18:13
depends with who :D

Ion67
3rd June 2007, 20:28
depends with who :D

No it doesn't

TheMorris
3rd June 2007, 21:18
I am going to have to agree with it matters who, some may be used to the larger area distortion when the hidden is close, some may be used to seeing the hidden from a far distance.

We are talking about what is easier to notice no? Then I think that it really matters on the person.

Zabiela
4th June 2007, 00:19
Also take into account the hidden's movement across your physical screen is MUCH faster when he's close up.

lcpuche
4th June 2007, 00:29
No it doesn't
yess because if you dont have the LAM your screwed but with it you have a better chance

VoiceOfDecember
4th June 2007, 00:43
I will have to agree with butterknife. When the hidden is far away you will see his whole outline. Easy shot. Even if he is darting around.
When he is right up in ur face darting around you he is allot harder to pinpoint as hes not like 50m away where he pounces and all you have to move your mouse 2cm to track his movement. Sure he physically doesn't become 'more' invisible when hes up close but when hes jumpin all around you and your spinning at high speeds doin 720's to spot him. Chances are your not gonna see him as easy IMHO

ProgrammedToConsume
4th June 2007, 03:11
yess because if you dont have the LAM your screwed but with it you have a better chance

Using the LAM usually only gives away your position. I never found it to help my aim as I can usually go by the center of the screen. The hidden is easy to see from a distance, moving or not.

Specht
4th June 2007, 03:53
The most difficult way to see the hidden is when you are moving, and he is pouncing around, even the most experienced hidden spotters will get surprised if you scare them enough to make them move, they won't see you passing 5 inches from their heads pouncing from their front to their rear...

Zabiela
4th June 2007, 04:52
I never found it to help my aim

Blasphemy, you cant deny having a reference point helps aiming!

starstriker1
4th June 2007, 05:13
If nothing else, the slightly faster target aquisition (on the order of milliseconds) and the possibility of it revealing the hidden in your face are advantage enough.

Demented
4th June 2007, 05:47
In some instances, it's easier to aim without a crosshair. <_<

Though, the LAM physically interacting with the hidden tends to give it a major advantage... Wonder if the flashlight works with that. Though not as well, obviously.

ininjai
4th June 2007, 23:35
I love the laser! I can turn it off when needed and still aim pretty well. My personal experience with other equipment has been sad. Nothing has helped me more than the laser but then again thats my personal experience. I find it hard to spot hidden after shooting and the recoil of the gun starts to shake the screen or the hidden is in my face.

starstriker1
5th June 2007, 00:09
I prefer flashlight. Being able to spot the hidden quickly in dim light or dark corners is a huge advantage.

Doomsiren
5th June 2007, 08:03
yes thats true, but when you see the hidden running across the other side of the area you better have a lazer for aiming

ProgrammedToConsume
5th June 2007, 13:56
If nothing else, the slightly faster target aquisition (on the order of milliseconds) and the possibility of it revealing the hidden in your face are advantage enough.

Considering that it gives your position away in times when he can't see you with aura, I say it's not worth it.

If I do make use of the secondary equipment it's the light amp goggles. The extreme amplification seems to make him easy to spot, especially easy in bright maps like executive.

lcpuche
5th June 2007, 16:21
you know what i might not use the LAM anymore I'm gonna make a dot with a sharpie in the middle of my screen :D

Paegus
5th June 2007, 17:10
o.0

and besides, blutak > 'permanent' marker

Cheesey
5th June 2007, 18:17
Laser gives away the hiddens position, even if you dont "see" him. It breaks when reflecting on 617's skin...

starstriker1
5th June 2007, 19:50
Considering that it gives your position away in times when he can't see you with aura, I say it's not worth it.

If I do make use of the secondary equipment it's the light amp goggles. The extreme amplification seems to make him easy to spot, especially easy in bright maps like executive.

I disagree. Turn off the laser in tight corridors, or aim off to the side, and that problem disappears. That drawback can be avoided simply by being aware of what you're aiming at.

Also... I personally prefer the flashlight to the LAGs. While the goggles do give you full screen light amplification, the flashlight preserves colour and works in both light and dark areas.

Daedalus
5th June 2007, 19:56
Also... I personally prefer the flashlight to the LAGs. While the goggles do give you full screen light amplification, the flashlight preserves colour and works in both light and dark areas.

Besides, the LAGs don't light up pitchblack areas, and they make everything fuzzy, making the hidden hard to spot.

Zabiela
5th June 2007, 20:20
and they make everything fuzzy, making the hidden hard to spot.

...reason why almost nobody uses them, unfortunately.

VoiceOfDecember
6th June 2007, 05:19
I love the LAM. I constantly keep turning it on and off depending on where I am or what I'm doing. For example, just normal running around = on. In sewers, I point it up at the pipe where the hidden comes out off, turn it off, wait for him to poke his head out and blam. He sees the dot disappear and feels its safe but he cops it. Same for when youíre on train depo and going down the first flight of stairs to the underground on the left or right of spawn. Turn it on and aim at the wall and when you reach the inside of the door, turn it off, hidden thinks heís going to get you in the back and cause a tk from other members behind you but instead, blamo.

You would be surprised how many times itís worked or at least what I think it has from turning the LAM on/off at certain points :)