PDA

View Full Version : Hdn_LowerLevel help (sticky please?)

DvlStx
17th May 2007, 23:40
I'm developing a map called hdn_lowerlevel, based off the George Washington bridge, and I need some help/suggestions. Hopefully done in time for the next beta xD

Specht
17th May 2007, 23:52
Source allows you to make such big maps? :eek:

Suggestion: What about lots of broken cars, cars on fire and stuff like that to make good spots for hiding?

DvlStx
18th May 2007, 00:29
Yea, I have a burning, flipped tanker blocking the i.r.i.s,'s escape, and am going to expand it. Whatever, just post suggestions, pics soon.
(when there's something to show)

<Beatlemania>
18th May 2007, 02:06
How about sharks that jump a hundred feet in the air and nip at your heels?

But FOR SERIOUS, I'd like to see a map where you're suspended above water, that would be pretty cool. Have some rubble and a lot of places to slip and fall, for those silly IRIS. Good idea for a map, GL!

Specht
18th May 2007, 03:13
Yes!!! Death traps!!! :D

Demented
18th May 2007, 03:24
Suggestion:
Definitely include both the upper/lower levels of the bridge, if you can.

The towers, on the other hand... Having them accessible would probably cause more problems than it's worth. They're skybox material.

DvlStx
18th May 2007, 19:19
All of these are excellent ideas. but if you look below...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright. I've just realized that the part of the GW that inspired me for this was, (drum roll)

The Entrance ramp!!!!! So, it's not going to look as big and beastly as everyone thought. But If someone helped me, i could try for the actual bridge. So, now This is a HELP WANTED thread.

Isolation
18th May 2007, 19:22
Heh, have fun. I have a version of GW in one of my maps (hdn_mobscene), built by a friend. Playing ON the bridge would be hella sweet.

My suggestion: get a modeler. All the struts, supports and cables need to be models to look truly authentic.

DvlStx
18th May 2007, 19:24
Heh, have fun. I have a version of GW in one of my maps (hdn_mobscene), built by a friend. Playing ON the bridge would be hella sweet.

My suggestion: get a modeler. All the struts, supports and cables need to be models to look truly authentic.

Great idea. I really would need help mapping though.
(my first map.)
custom models would be excellent for cables and stuff on the upper level.

Isolation
18th May 2007, 19:29
Great idea. I really would need help mapping though.
(my first map.)
custom models would be excellent for cables and stuff on the upper level.

If it's your first map, go get some grid paper or something similar, then go look up some pictures of the bridge. Then, get drawing. The more visual ideas you can give yourself, the more structured your building process will be. Just "winging" a map usually leads to a map never getting finished.

DvlStx
18th May 2007, 19:32
grid paper. now theres an idea.
However, im not winging it, i have it planned out in my head. kinda. sortofalittlebit... Anyway, i wont release it until i deam it wonderful, and i plan to put lots of time and effort into it.