PDA

View Full Version : Help Test The Next Beta?

Boxy
17th May 2007, 18:03
We've had more than enough applicants and we've selected our new testers - so please stop emailing in for now, we'll let you all know if we need any more help.

Phaedrus
17th May 2007, 19:03
Cool. Email sent. Hope I can help out.

Juggler
17th May 2007, 19:45
Wishing everyone the best of luck with the bugfixes. Thanks devteam and alll contributors for keeping this mod alive and buttkicking.

Ging
17th May 2007, 20:17
(bearing in mind it has a 50 msg limit).

I'll hasten to point out that in fact, that's not the limit anymore.

DvlStx
17th May 2007, 20:22
Email away! Hopes I can help :D

Knigh7s
17th May 2007, 20:56
Email Sent... I to hope I can be at service.

CuBe
17th May 2007, 22:14
Email sent

butterқnife
17th May 2007, 23:23
Email sent

what he said

<Beatlemania>
17th May 2007, 23:38
I shall send one too. Thanks for letting it be known on the forum.

TheMorris
18th May 2007, 00:14
Email has been sent.

Boxy
18th May 2007, 16:22
Right I'm already getting various members asking 'Why haven't I had a reply yet? or questions along similar lines. I'm still in the process of clearing up the old Hiddenite section and preparing for the new blood. I'll PM successful applicants on an individual basis at a later date (not too long, I promise). I have had rather a lot of PM and emails in the last 24 hours, give me a break please. :)

Phaedrus
18th May 2007, 16:39
Right I'm already getting various members asking 'Why haven't I had a reply yet? or questions along similar lines. I'm still in the process of clearing up the old Hiddenite section and preparing for the new blood. I'll PM successful applicants on an individual basis at a later date (not too long, I promise). I have had rather a lot of PM and emails in the last 24 hours, give me a break please. :)

I can't believe how slow this is going. I thought we would be half way through with testing by now, on the way to releasing B5 tomorrow. :p

Felf
19th May 2007, 21:00
I'd love to help, but I know I don't have the time or commitment. Thanks guys *thumbs up (perhaps for leprosy?)*

I wouldn't mind *playing* it though? :p no? Fair enough. Hope the testing goes well.

Daedalus
19th May 2007, 21:45
I wouldn't mind *playing* it though? :p no? Fair enough. Hope the testing goes well.

Beta testing basically involves playing it until you break it. :D

Zabiela
20th May 2007, 01:03
I would like to participate aswell, I like looking for bugs.

blackhawk
20th May 2007, 04:44
I would like to participate aswell, I like looking for bugs.

i love doing that..even if im not beta testing i usually do that..if i can count me in...

-oh yeah,so i just send an email of like suggestions for b5?

ultio
20th May 2007, 09:08
I'll apply to.
I'm one of the old Hidden Nerds (right, Daedalus ;) ? ) , I'm waiting almost 1 year (!) for beta 5. Without a crash bug, without hdn_restartround spammed servers and all that...

And maybe i can write a Beta 5 review for HLPortal.de (www.hlportal.de)? I'm one of the writers there and Hidden: Source is ranked #1 in our MODDB :) .

Paegus
20th May 2007, 11:53
you do realise the round restart bug was fixed ages ago right?
and crash bugs will probably always be there. even CS 1.6 has them.

h4mx0r
21st May 2007, 04:18
sent one.

Doomsiren
21st May 2007, 10:02
send one pm

Specht
21st May 2007, 16:36
Sent an e-mail sometime ago too :p

Looks like people are already being "accepted" as Beta Testers.

Phaedrus
21st May 2007, 17:39
Sent an e-mail sometime ago too :p

Looks like people are already being "accepted" as Beta Testers.

There have been testers for a long time now. They are just sporting new sig pics.

-Silєηt-
22nd May 2007, 03:35
EMAIL SENT! hope i can help =)

Phaedrus
23rd May 2007, 16:28

Will there be an announcement for when this process is complete?

Boxy
23rd May 2007, 18:46
I've cleared (at least I believe I have) all the old Hiddenites who were, frankly, dead weight from a long time ago and don't show anymore.

I have been swamped with requests and am now making my way through them and gauging who is truely going to help and those who are just an arse looking for a glimpse of early builds before deciding who should get dropped into the Hiddenite section.

I'm also attempting to hold off adding any new blood until we have a build that isn't horrificly broken by the SDK. Last thing you guys want is to get in there to find no build or to start reporting a load of bugs we already know about. I ask that you bear with us while we sift through the ever growing list (it's still open to apply remember!) and attempt to get a build that plays nice so we can all get in there and thrash the hell out of it. We haven't forgotten about anyone of you or just gone quiet for no reason so please just watch this space. The sig badges you see already are the original Hiddenites who 'made the cut', not new ones!

lcpuche
25th May 2007, 00:59
sent one hope i can get in

-Silєηt-
25th May 2007, 03:17
i sent one a while ago and still no responce..i dont wanna be anal,just wondering if you got the email =)

<Beatlemania>
25th May 2007, 03:37
The ironic thing is now I know about beta testing, I have less of a chance to get in, eh?

Ion67
25th May 2007, 05:05
i sent one a while ago and still no responce..i dont wanna be anal,just wondering if you got the email =)Did you ever think that they may have just said no. Or if you read a post or two up, you would know that they aren't adding new people until they have a stable build, or atleast that is how I understand it.

Isolation
25th May 2007, 05:24
Or if you read a post or two up, you would know that they aren't adding new people until they have a stable build, or atleast that is how I understand it.

Bingo.

brechtos
28th May 2007, 18:51
:D
I would like to help/have exp in bugfinding etc and been playing hidden since their first beta:rolleyes:
Is it to late to send a resuest mail?

Boxy
28th May 2007, 18:54
I'll close the thread when we have sorted the Hiddenites out, until then apply away my children...

brechtos
28th May 2007, 19:21
:D I salute you O great and mighty one:D

29th May 2007, 19:10
good thing I've posted so incredibly much in thiese forums <.<

edit; Though, i'd be interested, if anyone cares :P

Cheesey
29th May 2007, 19:30
Darn, I'd like to, but I still have to much to do with my "Grundwehrdienst"... :(

JackTrade
31st May 2007, 05:18
Email Sent.

Boxy
6th June 2007, 16:40
I'm now doing a shortlist so that the team can decide who we should be extending invitations to. You are running out of time to get in on the action (so to speak) so get your mails/PM in quick if you want to be considered...

AMT
7th June 2007, 23:29
Sent an application in by e-mail to info[at]hidden-source[dot]com. It be cool to have a response even if I'm not selected as a beta tester.

Phaedrus
7th June 2007, 23:38
I'm now doing a shortlist so that the team can decide who we should be extending invitations to. You are running out of time to get in on the action (so to speak) so get your mails/PM in quick if you want to be considered...

woot!

lcpuche
8th June 2007, 01:27

how can i be sure if you got it :/

Paegus
8th June 2007, 07:28
if you didn't get a delivery error chances are...

Boxy
14th June 2007, 15:16
Final selections are being made so I'm closing up this thread. If you made the cut, well done and we will see you on the other side, if you didn't don't despair, we are always on the look out for new testers. Just remember to play your part in the community, be helpful and courteous to others and you will be noticed and possibly selected. This can happen at anytime. Most the current crop have been selected this way.

Remember, you are not your post count.