PDA

View Full Version : Omg Who Touched Sasha!!

Ayrehead
15th May 2007, 22:10
New facial technology Demo coming with TF2 apparnetly

Teh Clicky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNxzbcppMsM)

starstriker1
15th May 2007, 22:18
Saw it in steam media. I laughed. :')

Gusdor
15th May 2007, 23:04
New facial technology Demo coming with TF2 apparnetly

Teh Clicky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNxzbcppMsM)
This one actually usable?

Demented
15th May 2007, 23:10
Well, I believe in the fine print on the update notes, it said the minimum IQ requirement has been reduced by 2.

<Beatlemania>
15th May 2007, 23:50
Ooh I giggled hard that was a very clever movie. Of course, the final version wont have stuff like that.

Zabiela
16th May 2007, 00:16
Looks good, I watched with no sound. That cartoon style is refreshing and it gives them so much flexibility, cartoon style faces=tons of expressed emotion.

QReaper
16th May 2007, 03:23
I laughed so hard that milk would have come out my nose if I was drinking any when I saw this on Steam media.

starstriker1
16th May 2007, 04:44
My favourite part is a toss up between that gleeful grin at very end or the "Maybe... *sniff* ...maybe."

Demented
16th May 2007, 05:46
The way he says "boolett", I just love him.

I just have to wonder... $400,000 every 12 seconds? MAN! Whatever he does, I want his job. And his paycheck.

Daedalus
16th May 2007, 10:23
Oh man, the part at the end was a mix of pure win and hilarity. They should release more vids like this!

Demented
16th May 2007, 10:34
It occurs to me that I would love nothing more than to hear "WHO TOUCHED MY GUN!?" at random intervals while playing TF2.

QReaper
16th May 2007, 11:31
The way he says "boolett", I just love him.
He also uses it like a proper noun, like "boolet" is someone's name.:D

Doc
16th May 2007, 20:23
They absolutely have to release these for some of the other characters. I'd particularly want to see just how neurotic they can make the Scout and Pyro.

Oh, hi.

Chas0r
16th May 2007, 20:26
TF will be pay-to-play, right ?
--
hi Doc :)

Sil
16th May 2007, 21:18
Oh, hi.
Hi.

I wanna see the spy. He'll have to be french, you know. And smoking a cigarette.

Gusdor
16th May 2007, 21:34
TF will be pay-to-play, right ?
--
hi Doc :)
No, comes with the next episode

Daedalus
17th May 2007, 06:18
Yeah, it comes bundled with HL2:EP2 and Portal.

Hoping it comes out during the holidays. :p

edit°
17th May 2007, 07:16
Made me giggle but releasing a video like that.... hmm. They'd better fucking live up to at least half of it. I'll wait for about 2 months until after its released then ask everybody what its like.

Demented
17th May 2007, 07:42
I don't see how they couldn't live up to what's in that video... It's not like you're EVER going to see ANYTHING in that vid. Except perhaps for that last part... Which would be amusing for all of fifteen seconds.

Let's think about that for a moment. Assuming they DID make a few hours-worth of animations for each of the characters so that they could be so... characteristic... as you play the game, well, I could lose several lifetimes just watching them in-game.

Honestly. Just watching the pyro light a new cigarette occasionally, or the heavy weapons guy pick his nose. It'd be devastating to professional gameplay.

Daedalus
17th May 2007, 08:45
Nah, they've got it worked out. Every time you die your killer gets shown somehow in a snapshot. Characters do facial animations when they kill someone. Or so I've heard on a forum.

So after you get shredded you see a snapshot of this heavy grinning madly at you. :D

Demented
17th May 2007, 09:29
If it looks anything like your avatar, I'd get a warm fuzzy every time I die.

edit°
17th May 2007, 13:11
I meant more to do with not repeating the DoD:Source debakle of making a great LOOK tasty but then it having the mechanics and finesse of a fat, half-drowned, pregnant sow. GET SOME FUCKING REG

edit:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a7ozG-YNLNg

Such as 1:00 in that :/

Ayrehead
17th May 2007, 14:51
someone suggested over at the steampowered forums

that for the pyro, making him sound like kenny from south park

now THAT would be funny

QReaper
17th May 2007, 16:25
They absolutely have to release these for some of the other characters. I'd particularly want to see just how neurotic they can make the Scout and Pyro.

Oh, hi.

Holy shit, Doc posted!:eek:

that for the pyro, making him sound like kenny from south park
That plus a Vader style gas mask breathing noise.

Zabiela
17th May 2007, 20:38
I wanna see the spy. He'll have to be french, you know. And smoking a cigarette.

Funny, you just described my current situation. :p

Demented
17th May 2007, 21:20
http://youtube.com/watch?v=a7ozG-YNLNg

Such as 2:26 in that :/

"Demo man"?

edit°
17th May 2007, 22:16
:confused: 1:00 Sorry. My youtube counter was going backwards for some daft reason

Demented
17th May 2007, 22:37
Hah, yeah, that part was pretty rediculous. That's assuming they even bothered to make the gun do damage. I'd imagine they had NPCs run scripted through that area and just had them auto-die once they reached certain points in their path.

Daedalus
18th May 2007, 11:51
Hah, yeah, that part was pretty rediculous. That's assuming they even bothered to make the gun do damage. I'd imagine they had NPCs run scripted through that area and just had them auto-die once they reached certain points in their path.

Or they just had like 10 hp.

There's some footage I haven't seen before here (http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=64929) on Gametrailers.

Engie dance @ the end = :D

EDIT: Oh yeah, devs said that nades are gone in tf2, but in the trailer the demoman still has some kinda cluster dynamite. I don't remember that being mentioned anywhere...

Demented
18th May 2007, 21:26
Might just be an engineer weapon.

Kinda sad, having no grenades. Never played TF, but the UT equivalent had some fun nades.

Daedalus
19th May 2007, 07:35
Kinda sad, having no grenades.

There's always fortress forever! :D