PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a map

Doomsiren
15th May 2007, 06:45
Just some simple idea's for maps :)

An old abandoned hospital. you know about the creepy settings of hospitals :P

A highschool at night. empty class rooms, wispering shadows a creepy map to behold.

A zoo after closing. nothing to add but would be pretty cool

A supermarket after closing time.

Headquarters of i.r.i.s.

A graveyard

An amusement park.

a very little abandoned village.

these were my ideas :) tell me what you think of them

Demented
15th May 2007, 08:27
If you can sketch, they might make for interesting layout concepts.

Otherwise, they're useless little strings of text. Unless there are mappers out there with cruelly unnecessary amounts of time and talent, as well as burgeoning creativity, but just so happen to have run into mapper's block on what they could make next.

Those ideas are just so vague.

Also, numbering them from 1 to 8.
1: Already done. Custom map, forgot the name. Done by Scratch, I believe.
5: Highrise + Executive.
6: Already done. Custom map, hdn_cemetary, I believe.
8: A la ravenholm?

scratch
15th May 2007, 09:19

Hahaha! :D

And yes, Demented is right.

Doomsiren
15th May 2007, 09:29
like i said, some simple ideas

but if you want a description with a bit storyline

Abandoned hospital:this hospital was closed because of several patients were killed during the night and completly drained of blood. Experts say this must have been an animal of some sort. police have tried to find the killer but did not succeed. after several nights of investment nothing was found and the case was closed. 6 months later a reporter named james morrison decided to investigate the abandoned hospital but was found dead the next morning. this invoked the attention of i.r.i.s. who are send to investigate the hostpital at night when all the murders occured.

the map: well i guess you can imagine an abondoned hospital. rusty beds, broken windows, greenlike fungus and empty halls. the hidden will start in hes lair in the basement were it is dark and several bodyparts are spread over the floor. the iris will start in the main hall. the map should be a bit enlightend with flickering lights and moonshine through the windows. the hidden can also travel through airventilation shafts.

Highschool: Police have found the body's of 2 students who were brutally murderer. they were found in the principals office at night and were killed with a knife and were drained of blood. after this i.r.i.s. decided to act immidiatly and entererd the highschool at night the day after the murder.

the map: i thnk you know how the overal high school looks like. the eating area, principals office, classrooms, teachers lounge, the kitchen and ofcourse the halls. in the beginning the lights are off but you can switch them on in each room (they can be shut off to) the moon also playes a role. some classrooms are still filled with tables and chairs. election posters and all sorts of school things cover the halls. the hidden will start in the principals office and the iris will start at the entrance of the school.

Supermarket: the supervisor of wallmart has been killed and drained of blood. this murder caught the attention of iris and so they send a squad to investigate.

map: a supermarket after closing time. a big supermarket with storage room etc. nothing much to explain here. the hidden will start in the storage room and the iris will start at the entrance of the supermarket

Headquarters iris: the hidden has infiltrated the i.r.i.s. headquarters and team has been assembled to eliminate this threat.

map: the i.r.i.s headquarters. modern computers and highly tech area's. the map would be something like that map of the office (cs) but then different with high tech stuff and all. halls and rooms with desks and computers for research, a cafateria etc. but in this map it is the iris whom gets attacked so the hidden wil start at the entrance and the iris wil start somewere in the map, perhaps at the weapon storage.

Village: a very small community were hasnt been heard of for quite a while. the village is located somewere in the wastes of america. iris is send to investigate and found out that all inhabitants of the villagers are brutally murdererd. thus a team is send to iliminate the threat.

Map: a small village with houses made of wood like in the time of the cowboys. a little saloon and a church. the church is filled with the dead body's of the villagers but the hidden cannot feed on those body's. the hidden will start in the little church and the iris will start at the entrance of the village.

i also had this idea of a cathadral map but i am really tired of writing so i will continue another time

brechtos
15th May 2007, 15:31
Why not a hosptal under construction instead.
Where the hidden is hinding and irirs is on the scene to wipe him out.
(a remake from the splinter cell pandora tomorrow mp map mount hospital:D )

scratch
15th May 2007, 17:51

Hahaha! :D

And yes, Demented is right.

Aww damn i mistook #8 for #7. Amusement park=Ravenholm. Lawl.

Isolation
15th May 2007, 20:08
As far as the "school at night" idea, I had started that a while back. It was actually Midwich Elementary from Silent Hill (game, not movie). Complete with the "alternate" world version.

Sadly, it was just too small to be fun (despite having the potential of being without a doubt the scariest HS map yet).

Subface Normal
15th May 2007, 21:55
If you can sketch, they might make for interesting layout concepts.

Otherwise, they're useless little strings of text. Unless there are mappers out there with cruelly unnecessary amounts of time and talent, as well as burgeoning creativity, but just so happen to have run into mapper's block on what they could make next.

Ahem... *cough*

I take offense to that! :p

Zabiela
16th May 2007, 00:20
An amusement park.

Lots of modelling required. HL2 props dont cover this at all. I had thought of doing it once aswell. Ahhh I gotta learn how to model quicker!

Doomsiren
16th May 2007, 06:17
Lots of modelling required. HL2 props dont cover this at all. I had thought of doing it once aswell. Ahhh I gotta learn how to model quicker!

yes thats what i also though :) you need all those models for the atractions.

but anyway what you think of the village, the supermarket and the iris headquarters?

Why not a hosptal under construction instead

that would certainly be less scary. i mean doesnt an old abandoned hospital give you the creeps? a constructionsite isnt that scary i think

Demented
16th May 2007, 07:18
You want creepy? A currently functioning hospital. By functioning, that is, personnel have been evacuated only seconds before the IRIS team is called. In locked off rooms, there are still patients, sleeping or unconscious. Blood where there shouldn't be. Dead guy on an operating table.

It's poetry.

Doomsiren
16th May 2007, 07:52
rather a abandoned hospital with green fungus on the walls, rusty beds, broken windows, cracks in the wall, whispering shadows, flickering lights and dark corridors. now that is what gives me the chills

Ging
16th May 2007, 10:38
How do shadows whisper?

Doomsiren
16th May 2007, 10:59
it's common in horror scenes that shadows make sounds. whispers etc making you think you hear something so you look into the direction of the shadow but you see nothing.

Ging
16th May 2007, 13:17
But that's not actually the shadow making sound effects - that's sound effects emanating from the area covered by the shadow...

Boxy
16th May 2007, 13:51
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/boxy1/pedantic.jpg
Just Say No Kids.

Ging
16th May 2007, 14:28
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/boxy1/pedantic.jpg
Just Say No Kids.

Pssht, rich talk from you lad :p

Subface Normal
16th May 2007, 21:10
But that's not actually the shadow making sound effects - that's sound effects emanating from the area covered by the shadow...

How do you know that Shadow isnt a player name huh? Shadow can still whisper all he wants... just you'll see a bright mic symbol over his head too...

Zabiela
17th May 2007, 20:35
... just you'll see a bright mic symbol over his head too...

:D Bwahaha

Doc
17th May 2007, 22:03
As far as the "school at night" idea, I had started that a while back. It was actually Midwich Elementary from Silent Hill (game, not movie). Complete with the "alternate" world version.

Sadly, it was just too small to be fun (despite having the potential of being without a doubt the scariest HS map yet).

Vampire Slayer did a school map. Gym, a few classrooms. Fun mod. Wonder if anyone still plays it...

Isolation
18th May 2007, 19:25
Vampire Slayer did a school map. Gym, a few classrooms. Fun mod. Wonder if anyone still plays it...

*Looks at title*

Unfortunately, last time I booted it up, I recall only one server, with like 2 or 3 players. If ever a mod needed the ": Source" treatment, it was that one.

Edit: Uh... it's Doc! Took a second to realize that.

Doomsiren
21st May 2007, 06:25
but what do you guys think about the village and the rest i have introduced.

VoiceOfDecember
21st May 2007, 08:29
Yea your ideas sound great mate. The little village would be cool, like having a massive complex with lights shining in the air (like that 20th centry fox thing on tv) over on the top of the hill like the Hidden has just escaped from the place and made his way to a nighbouring lil village. Of course you would only be able to look at it, not actually part of the map, just one of them things.

The school would be awesome because well...It's such an innocent place. But be warned, crazy America will crack down on you. eg http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05/03/student_counterstrike_map_texasschool/

Doomsiren
21st May 2007, 08:37
as long as innocent students wont run around in the map all will be fine i think ;)

Demented
21st May 2007, 21:02
That article is a sarcastic riot.

Sword ownership rights have been under heavy fire since they were determined to be the leading cause of death during the Siege of Acre in the third crusade.
Oh, the horror!

P.S.
Draw some layouts.

Doomsiren
22nd May 2007, 06:36
:p i would love to only my drawing skills arent that good. i can draw, but not especially good. and i cant map:( these are mere ideas for others to take over. I cant map...lol