PDA

View Full Version : ps suggestion

Doomsiren
14th May 2007, 08:55
pigstick is a powerfull move wich i think is a bit to powerfull. the hidden is already in a tight spot but the pigstick makes it to easy to win. so i suggest that the pigstick can only insta kill when you hit someone with it in the back. like a sneak attack. when hit in the belly or anywere in the front will still damage ofcourse

Boxy
14th May 2007, 09:01
Pig stick has sort of been semi-removed in B5. We now have a 'Rage' mode of sorts. Above 20HP 617 has the punt, which has the same pushing power as the PS but does NO DAMAGE. Good for knocking items about and generally punting IRIS off of ledges to their death.

However, once you hit 20HP or less, you go into a rage/adrenaline mode and you can PS. This stay until you die or you feed enough to go back above 20HP. The sweet 20HP mark is where once bullet from nearly any weapon will kill you, so its your call to use PS. We like it (as we hate the PS to be honest, I never use it) time will tell what you guys think...

Doomsiren
14th May 2007, 09:04
sounds good :) altough a sneaky back attack would be cool

Demented
14th May 2007, 09:10
The sweet 20HP mark is where once bullet from any weapon will nearly kill you, so its your call to use PS. We like it (as we hate the PS to be honest, I never use it) time will tell what you guys think...

Fixed!
Most weapons do 15-19 damage. Only the shotgun and FN2000 do more.

...Unless you guys changed the damages while I wasn't looking... ...Which has been six months now... :shiftyeyes:

Doomsiren
14th May 2007, 09:12
i did! i did!

Isolation
14th May 2007, 19:30
Fixed!
Most weapons do 15-19 damage. Only the shotgun and FN2000 do more.

...Unless you guys changed the damages while I wasn't looking... ...Which has been six months now... :shiftyeyes:

Couple lagbox 303 or P90 rounds and that's not an issue.

Red
14th May 2007, 19:53
What if you have less than 20 HP and just want to punt still?

Isolation
14th May 2007, 20:04
PS Off servers ;) All punt, all the time...

(One wrong letter, and that sentience would have been odd sounding)

Demented
15th May 2007, 02:02
All punk, all the time!

"Couple lagbox 303 or P90 rounds and that's not an issue."

Thump yourself in the head with a crate and it's really not an issue.

Doomsiren
15th May 2007, 06:49
i have a slight impression that this is not rellivant to the topic

Ging
15th May 2007, 11:52
i have a slight impression that this is not rellivant to the topic

Round here, it's unusual to stay on topic for as long as this did.

Doomsiren
15th May 2007, 12:08
that is not true:(

lcpuche
16th May 2007, 00:33
well then what about camping PS is a BIG anti-camps tool :confused:

does punt have to charge up like the pigstick does?

starstriker1
16th May 2007, 03:18
Yes. Punt is just a pigstick minus the damage.

And trust me, pigstick is not required for rooting out campers. Heck, when it's on, I find that people tend to become more conservative and camping becomes more, not less, frequent.

Doomsiren
16th May 2007, 06:29
when people tend to camp much just go sit on the other side of the wall were they are and go wisper turn around or fresh meat. that should lure them out. alhtough you must look out to not get a face full of bugshot

Daedalus
16th May 2007, 10:14
alhtough you must look out to not get a face full of bugshot

Oh snap the IRIS have mosquito repellent now?

Doomsiren
16th May 2007, 11:03
yep they do

Demented
16th May 2007, 11:18
It's clearly for killing biting flies. When you've got dead bodies all over the place, those things are a nuisance. Easier than pigsticking them, too. They don't camp.

Doomsiren
16th May 2007, 11:29
i completly agree with your statement. flies are a big nuisance especially the big ones

Red
16th May 2007, 21:10
So how far exactly will the punt send an iris? Is there any way to manipulate that force? Pounce/punt? Mouse-swing/punt? You might just want to give them a slight push, not send them into a wall. :)

Paegus
16th May 2007, 21:27
the punt is exactly like a pigstick only the physical damage is removed.

if i had to guess i'd say about 150% the pounce force. if you know how to extract the impulse from 925dmg then you can work it out yourself. there is however a slight problem in that phys objects (cars, wheely bins and so on) are strangely responsive and travel much farther than they do in b4. some weird shift in the bowels of the engine i guess. though perhaps altering the default physpushscale(?) might solve that...

<Beatlemania>
17th May 2007, 00:14
LOL at punt! I would absolutely love to be able to run around hdn_highrise, picking up IRIS as I pranced along, picking them up by the seat of their pants, and punting them down into the depths below. How fun would that be? It should be a alternate game mode. For sure.

starstriker1
17th May 2007, 01:16
You can't pick them up, only kick them around...

Isolation
17th May 2007, 04:36
Which is why I still don't understand use of the word 'punt', given that in-game, it's a open palm thrust... does punt have differing meanings, or what? I know it to be a kick, usually associated with american football, or a certain scene from Anchorman.

Daedalus
17th May 2007, 06:25
Which is why I still don't understand use of the word 'punt', given that in-game, it's a open palm thrust... does punt have differing meanings, or what? I know it to be a kick, usually associated with american football, or a certain scene from Anchorman.

I dunno, you try coming up with a better word! :p

You can adjust the distance the IRIS will fly...sorta.

If you crouch near them and punt at a 45 degree angle they'll fly really far. If you punt a marine horizontally (i.e: standing near and punting at his head) you'll just give them a nudge in that direction.

Red
17th May 2007, 07:23
Okay. I was under the impression a horiz. push would send them across the map. Which would be silly and not balanced.

lcpuche
17th May 2007, 22:59
I dunno, you try coming up with a better word! :p

You can adjust the distance the IRIS will fly...sorta.

If you crouch near them and punt at a 45 degree angle they'll fly really far. If you punt a marine horizontally (i.e: standing near and punting at his head) you'll just give them a nudge in that direction.

Push?

Demented
17th May 2007, 23:49
Shove had been considered. Punt is just more fun to say, though.

starstriker1
18th May 2007, 01:05
*punts Demented*

<Beatlemania>
18th May 2007, 02:00
Shove had been considered. Punt is just more fun to say, though.

Yeah...obviously you can't pick iris up. I was just playing off how the word didnt really fit.

Doomsiren
18th May 2007, 16:24
perhaps it should be a normal push (enough to shove someone of a building) and a stun effect. the same when nade explodes right infront of your face. ofcourse the dizziness effect is shorter :D it is just a push afterall

Daedalus
18th May 2007, 18:09
perhaps it should be a normal push (enough to shove someone of a building) and a stun effect. the same when nade explodes right infront of your face. ofcourse the dizziness effect is shorter :D it is just a push afterall

Nah, no blur. Would overpower it.

I'd have nothing against a strong view kick when someone gets punted. It would help the hidden not get instagibbed right after he punts someone.

Doomsiren
19th May 2007, 16:32
true it would be to powerfull:(

starstriker1
19th May 2007, 19:04
Overpower? Maybe, but I don't see how it could possibly be a step UP from the instant kill it replaces...

Daedalus
19th May 2007, 19:23
Overpower? Maybe, but I don't see how it could possibly be a step UP from the instant kill it replaces...

What, the blur? A blurred marine is basically a blind marine. :D

Basically with the blur it would replace the instakill, but it would most likely guarantee a kill in the next 10 seconds...

Demented
19th May 2007, 20:23
But they can still shoot back in that time, which is significantly less of a problem. A view kick makes more sense anyhow... It's unlikely that the hidden was aiming for their eyes. "He punted my contacts!"

Felf
19th May 2007, 20:45
My vote (if this were a democracy) would be to a massive view kick.

Euphoria
19th May 2007, 21:32
A motion blur won't be needed I don't think- I'd hazard a guess that being unexpectantly made airbourne going in any direction is going to be disorinentating enough. I'd love a view kick though, it'd make the experience more immersive.

BTW, is it possible to start 'juggling' an iris, eg punting them into the air, pouncig beneath them before they land and repeat, forgetting for a moment the chances of getting sprayed to death?

Paegus
19th May 2007, 23:01
it probably is but i've yet to manage it with a bot myself. no doubt you'll see it from time to time with a skilled player. though i fear the novelty will wear off pretty quickly as the iris can just point down and fire.

Daedalus
20th May 2007, 08:26
I think I've tried to do it, and it doesn't work. The punt has a cooldown time, so by the time you wind up another strike the IRIS has already touched down...

Euphoria
20th May 2007, 20:13
I think I've tried to do it, and it doesn't work. The punt has a cooldown time, so by the time you wind up another strike the IRIS has already touched down...

Doh!:(

Doomsiren
25th May 2007, 06:51
this topic has many pages for an average topic :P a

Paegus
25th May 2007, 07:07
your point being?

oh right... +1... silly me

Doomsiren
1st June 2007, 11:15
well, Ging said topics did not last very long around here. this one does

Mayhem
1st June 2007, 11:34
Oh you should see the drug-threads. God I love them :)

Doomsiren
1st June 2007, 11:51
lol? drug threads?

Ging
1st June 2007, 12:47
well, Ging said topics did not last very long around here. this one does

No I didn't... I said they don't stay on topic for long, which is quite, quite different, if you don't understand what's said, ask or don't bring it up again.

Doomsiren
1st June 2007, 12:48
srry:( i see now