PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman 3 (May contain spoilers)

Gusdor
7th May 2007, 10:44
Why is there no thread on this with recent posts?

Saw it last night, thought it was awesome. I wan't expecting a whole lot - I had heard that 3 villans was too many, but I didn't feel like there was a 'true' villan.

Infact, I felt Peter was the most destructive character in the film.

Sandman is awesome btw - his origin seen is wicked (when you see him slowly learning to manifest himself

The.ViruS
7th May 2007, 11:10
Aye, bloody awsome film. Really enjoyed it.

The way sandman learns to use his power is also great.

Ging
7th May 2007, 12:51
Added some spoiler tags - just in case.

Felf
7th May 2007, 15:40
Ooo, how do we do that?

I didn't like it - I thought it was a bit week most of the way through, and I really *didn't* get on with Peter. Went with a bunch of friends - I think opinions were mixed.

legoman
7th May 2007, 17:13
I just thought that it had quite a bit of unnecessary drama in it. Also, the ending is a bit awkward to watch after all that's occured.

Ging
7th May 2007, 17:35
Ooo, how do we do that?

Put [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] around the text without the spaces.

Isolation
7th May 2007, 19:10
I saw it last night also. The final battle was, without a doubt, the best of the three films. It was finally an "epic" battle worthy of Spidey, albeit a tad short. Another 10 minutes next time, Sam. Please.

And, knowing the comic's history, having Harry die helping Pete was much better than, you know, having Harry go insane and committing suicide.

Sandman came off exactly as I hoped, as a character and a villain. And, yes... his origin scene is probably the best scene in the whole movie... beautiful and tragic and the same time.

...and made Venom's creation scene kinda... boring, honestly. As dramatic as Sandman's was, Venom was anti-climactic given we've all seen it in trailers before the movie came out

So, wanna start the Spidey 4 rumor bin? Couple forums have Lizard and Kraven being next up, except...

You never actually SAW Eddie die, AND Conners still has the test sample of the symbiote, which as we all know, is enough to create a whole new suit (Carnage comes to mind...). Some idiots insist that Conners uses the suit sample to create his regeneration serum, but... that kinda defeats the whole "Lizard" aspect, does it not?

ProgrammedToConsume
7th May 2007, 19:29
I'm hoping it's Carnage, he owns Venom any day.

Isolation
7th May 2007, 19:33
I'm hoping it's Carnage, he owns Venom any day.

The second Carnage becomes the villain, it'll go like this:

Spidey and Venom team up, violence, movie ends, begin Venom spin-off movie.

Demented
7th May 2007, 20:16
I'll wait for video. All I care to see is Peter getting shoved around like a ninny.

Gusdor
7th May 2007, 20:56
ROFL

Emo Peter made me crack up

I found the movies genuinly funny - i mean, COME ON
Bruce steals the show!

Isolation
7th May 2007, 21:14
Don't know about anyone else, but I was disappointed that Bruce Campbell did not play Mysterio. I was so looking forward to him trying to rob a liquor store only to get busted, sort of like in the Spidey 2 game.

But, Gus

Emo Pete was indeed funny as hell.

Oh, anyone else notice:

When Eddie kidnapped MJ, that his clothes were actually the symbiote? His arm changed when he lunged for her. I was wondering if they would have the costume do the clothes mimic in the movie, nice that they seemed to save it for Venom.

ProgrammedToConsume
7th May 2007, 22:18
The second Carnage becomes the villain, it'll go like this:

Spidey and Venom team up, violence, movie ends, begin Venom spin-off movie.

I doubt they would rip off the story of "Spiderman 2:Enter Electro".

Isolation
7th May 2007, 22:23
I doubt they would rip off the story of "Spiderman 2:Enter Electro".

Uh... it's an established story arc. When Carnage first popped up, Spidey and Venom teamed up to stop him, with the aid of the Fantastic Four. Hell, Spidey and Venom have teamed up on multiple occasions. Maximum Carnage being the most well known, best of the Spidey/Venom team ups: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_Carnage

Carnage is far stronger than Spidey AND Venom because he's so damn insane, so the need to team is a given.

ProgrammedToConsume
7th May 2007, 22:43
Uh... it's an established story arc.

Didn't know that, sorry.

Carnage is far stronger than Spidey AND Venom because he's so damn insane, so the need to team is a given.

That and he's experienced at killing. Coming from a serial killer would kinda do that to you.

Gusdor
13th May 2007, 22:37
And the winner for most edited picture of the year goes to
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42920000/jpg/_42920031_spiderman2_yahoo203.jpg

Night Raider
13th May 2007, 23:08
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/3351/getmesomefuckingnutshh6.jpg

:p

QReaper
14th May 2007, 03:11
[image]
GET ME SOME FUCKING NUTS!

Daedalus
14th May 2007, 06:53
@Night Raider: I think he's having trouble shotting his web.

QReaper
14th May 2007, 15:40
@Night Raider: I think he's having trouble shotting his web.
lurk moar

Anyway, was there actually anything after the credits? I've heard that there is, but I've also heard that those who say there is are lying. What's truth and what's a total load?

Mr_Spoon
14th May 2007, 17:22
Thought it was god awful, apart from the last 20 mins.

Isolation
14th May 2007, 19:25
lurk moar

Anyway, was there actually anything after the credits? I've heard that there is, but I've also heard that those who say there is are lying. What's truth and what's a total load?

Lies. I stayed until the credits rolled, I saw nahzing sadly. I was expecting some sorta "Oops, that character that LOOKED like he died was just blown into the east river" type scene. But, that's what Special Edition DVD's are for, I guess...

QReaper
15th May 2007, 01:07
Regardless, I'm sure the symbiote's no quite dead. Eddie Brock looks pretty damn dead, but not the symbiote.

Isolation
15th May 2007, 01:20
Regardless, I'm sure the symbiote's no quite dead. Eddie Brock looks pretty damn dead, but not the symbiote.

Conners still has the sample. As most Spidey fans know, a small piece can become a full symbiote again.