PDA

View Full Version : Nightmarishly hard Guitar Hero track! Rock on!

Gusdor
29th April 2007, 15:33
Can you guess who it is? Yeh you can!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoigrCncvHc

<Beatlemania>
29th April 2007, 17:12
i cant guess. And that was like :eek: !

Gusdor
29th April 2007, 17:51
Dragonforce ofc1!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_29IFMJNt7s&mode=related&search=

This one is ridiculous.

I gotta tell you, having seen it live, it looks easier to just play the music....This dude isn't too hot but this is probably the hardest Guitar Hero track there is. Im impressed that he got to 4x

<EDIT> - LOL at "finally" when the solo is over hah. I bet that is how ZP feels

legoman
30th April 2007, 07:24
Meh, that band is complete nonsense. I just don't get their music at all, it seems a bit ridiculous to me. I'd like to see some Yngwie J. Malmsteem stuff on Guitar Hero and see people kill themselves over it. Or some Michael Angelo, that'd be kinda fun.

Cyborg
30th April 2007, 08:43
Meh, that band is complete nonsense. I just don't get their music at all, it seems a bit ridiculous to me. I'd like to see some Yngwie J. Malmsteem stuff on Guitar Hero and see people kill themselves over it. Or some Michael Angelo, that'd be kinda fun.

why Dragonforce is awesome:

1. they sing about knights and epic battles
2. they sing about Dragons
3. They have the word 'dragon' in their name
4. They wear gauntlets

VoiceOfDecember
30th April 2007, 09:24
Heres One by Metallica. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoxM6BxS85Q
It's crazy how close the notes are together when it gets to the solo. You wouldhave to tap it out like you do on a real guitar. Great song.

I've always wanted to put some Children Of Bodom on Guitar Hero. That would be the shit. Sure it's not technically as hard as dragonforce but I think it sound better :D

I lost some respect for Dragonforce when I saw this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1uT8MUr7_4 Don't get me wrong, they are freakin kickass guitarists. Amazing. Through the fire and the flame solo is incredible but they get a bit outta their depth with this one :P They bet you can't play what they play. Herman sounds good when he slows it down but when he goes for it, he can't play it either lol. And poor Sam, I could play what he is with my eyes closed. Tapping like that is easy. Altough sweeping = very hard.
Then the parody video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s10s7vsBU4o&mode=related&search=

Demented
30th April 2007, 10:18
Heres One by Metallica. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoxM6BxS85Q
It's crazy how close the notes are together when it gets to the solo. You wouldhave to tap it out like you do on a real guitar. Great song.

Oh, that seemed easy.
Then it got to a little before the halfway point.
"AGHHHHH!"

Then everything calmed down and it looked sort of easy going from there, aside from the green key begging for mercy from the constant hammering.
Then it hit the 4/5 mark.
"AIIIAAAGHGAHAHAGHH!"

*blink*

That hurt to watch, suffice to say.

legoman
30th April 2007, 16:54
why Dragonforce is awesome:

1. they sing about knights and epic battles
2. they sing about Dragons
3. They have the word 'dragon' in their name
4. They wear gauntlets

Well, ya know, there are other bands that do similar things and don't sound ridiculous. I'm not saying Dragonforce is bad, they're pretty damn good guitarists, but to me their music just sounds silly - as though it's overdone. But I'm sure that it's what they intended to do.

Go ahead and give Blind Guardian a listen. They do the exact same thing, except they sound serious and not over exagerrated. Same goes for the bands Kamelot, Mercenary, Iced Earth (their best album is Horror Show) and Symphony X.

See, Blind Guardian sings about Middle Earth and epic battles between elves and dwarves and all that nonsense, and it's still pretty damn consistent music. Symphony X is all about ancient Greek/Egyptian mythology and have nothing but pure awesome written all over them. They're probably the only neo-classical, progressive metal band in existence (I just don't know of any others and can't find any). As for Children of Bodom, I don't see why everyone is obssessed with that band.... I usually call them Children of Boredom because I can't find that many interesting songs in their music. Only some of their stuff is good.

I wanna see some stuff like this in Guitar Hero:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80nethXkIJY&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rutyA12z3Ok <---- :eek: WTF

Also, I've been dying to actually play the damn game one day.

Daedalus
30th April 2007, 20:25
Same goes for the bands Kamelot, Mercenary, Iced Earth (their best album is Horror Show) and Symphony X.

You have officially earned 137 cool points. Also be advised of a supply drop near your location containing numerous internet coupons.

legoman
1st May 2007, 07:36
Um, I've only heard one of their albums and I've officially never heard a band like them before. They mix some strange subgenres of metal, but damn do they make it work well.

So is it really worth getting the console just for this game? I know everyone says that it's the greatest game of all time, but I don't have much money to commit to it right now.

Daedalus
1st May 2007, 08:05
Um, I've only heard one of their albums and I've officially never heard a band like them before. They mix some strange subgenres of metal, but damn do they make it work well.

Get both Mercenary's latest albums, they play like none other. :D

legoman
1st May 2007, 20:26
Ya well, do me a favor and listen to the bands I listed and I'll do the same for you. :P

Demented
2nd May 2007, 00:45
You'll just edge yourselves into a musical standstill that way, y'know.

Gusdor
2nd May 2007, 18:14
Legoface - dude. How can you like power metal but not 'get' dragonforce. They ARE power metal :P

Btw - check out some steel attack. Anything from the Fall Into Madness Album is AWESOME

Red
2nd May 2007, 19:58
You guys should stop being impressed by Guitar Hero and pick up a real instrament. :) I'm working on Selkies by Between the Buried and Me and thats something I can be proud of and be very, very happy with.

Ladies like it a bit more too. :cool:

Hyp-R
3rd May 2007, 01:14
@ the first vid

too easy, your missing SO many of the notes.
not you, yourself, but the track.

Sir Wankus Magpie
3rd May 2007, 01:22
I want SYL songs on my GH2

i want Devin townsend music as well

Demented
3rd May 2007, 01:38
You guys should stop being impressed by Guitar Hero and pick up a real instrament. :) I'm working on Selkies by Between the Buried and Me and thats something I can be proud of and be very, very happy with.

If playing guitar would let you keep score, that'd probably work. As it is, playing guitar hero isn't mutually exclusive with playing the actual guitar.

Though, if you could put on a counter that can sense exactly what you're doing on the guitar, you could play Guitar Hero on the guitar. Now wouldn't that be awesome.

Gusdor
3rd May 2007, 06:18
Seems like there is some sick response to guitar hero that is "lol pick up a real instument". Why? Players of guitar hero want to play a stepmania style game while enjoying rock music. That is completely different from wantnig to make music....

Red
3rd May 2007, 09:56
Seems like there is some sick response to guitar hero that is "lol pick up a real instument". Why? Players of guitar hero want to play a stepmania style game while enjoying rock music. That is completely different from wantnig to make music....

lawl nerd.

Sil
3rd May 2007, 13:32

Dude, man. As for guitars, if there's one thing I've disliked, it's people learning songs by tabs or whatever. Here's what you should do:

Learn your instrument.
Know exactly where to hit a given note, and do so by ear.
Know how to build whatever chord you're asked for.
Learn to hear whatever chord is played to you (well, within reasonable limits. 6 different notes and out is considered impossible)
Learn to build this chord as soon as you hear it.

Edit:
And let the ones who want to pad along to cool music and have fun do so. Admit it: Guitarhero is nothing like playing guitar. Not if you're actually making music and not just reproducing or reading it. Thus, someone who enjoys guitarhero won't necessarily enjoy playing the guitar.

Because there's nothing that sucks more than a guitarist who knows ten songs but can't play along to this one.
Well, that's my opinion. Play as long and fast as you want. If you and I can't make music together due to you only ever playing songs you like on your bedside -- it's really a lot more like jerking off than making love (to pull things into a sexual context).

Sir Wankus Magpie
5th May 2007, 01:47
Dude, man. As for guitars, if there's one thing I've disliked, it's people learning songs by tabs or whatever. Here's what you should do:

Learn your instrument.
Know exactly where to hit a given note, and do so by ear.
Know how to build whatever chord you're asked for.
Learn to hear whatever chord is played to you (well, within reasonable limits. 6 different notes and out is considered impossible)
Learn to build this chord as soon as you hear it.

Edit:
And let the ones who want to pad along to cool music and have fun do so. Admit it: Guitarhero is nothing like playing guitar. Not if you're actually making music and not just reproducing or reading it. Thus, someone who enjoys guitarhero won't necessarily enjoy playing the guitar.

Because there's nothing that sucks more than a guitarist who knows ten songs but can't play along to this one.
Well, that's my opinion. Play as long and fast as you want. If you and I can't make music together due to you only ever playing songs you like on your bedside -- it's really a lot more like jerking off than making love (to pull things into a sexual context).

all good points you make sil but don't forget the option of taking music lessons and learning classicaly. Works like a charm and you can sound smart in fornt of people saying you were "classicaly trained" :)

Learning from a teacher involves being able to work with other people to which is a HUGE plus. I don't play guitar but i have picked it up a few times and played out a few easy open chords that i see in a book.
I own guitar hero 2 and play it often but i don't really think of playing a guitar when i play it i feel more like playing a keytar which is cool in its own way but will never be as cool and a keyboard or even a guitar.

ps. music does have lots of things that relate to sex! pretty dang cool if you ask me ;)

Isolation
5th May 2007, 02:33
Works like a charm and you can sound smart in fornt of people saying you were "classicaly trained" :)

Not when you use words like FORNT. Totally destroys that "smart"-ness you were going for...

/end Ass Mode :D

Sil
5th May 2007, 08:59
hehe. Yeh, classically trained. 'Course, the important point here is to learn from a musician and not a guitarist or whatever. Learn how to play music, not how to play this and that song on your guitar. Go to Youtube, watch the bedroom guitarists cover shit on their guitars, making bland but note-wise more or less accurate copies of musical masterpieces. Then ask yourself "Does this inspire me?"