PDA

View Full Version : Camera suggestion

Doomsiren
26th April 2007, 11:12
perhaps one of the classes of i.r.i.s. can select a device wich can hack in to the camera system of the map allowing you to use the camera's to find the hidden or to keep track of any movement in that area, but when using the camera's the one will be vunrable to attacks because he is ofcourse not able to see what happends around him. to hack into the system you need to be close to a camera. the hidden will be able to destroy the camera's if he can reach them. if destroyed they cannot be used anymore but people who are spectating or killed are still able to view the game with the camera's

and oh i just joined the forum:P nice to meet you all

-SM-SUCKER
26th April 2007, 12:20
Welcome to the forums.
As a welcome present I will tell you the secrets of this one: Read the stickies and use the search function. Because what you suggest has been discussed before :(
But if you have other ideas you think a worth implementing, go ahead. But at first think about how it would change the balancing and if it suits THIS game. Then check the stickies and the use the search to see if someone else has posted anything like it before.

Doomsiren
26th April 2007, 12:28
nothing is mentioned about not suggesting camera things :/ or is my suggestion a weapon thing wich may not be suggested? anyway another suggestion. if the hidden is tired and stands still regaining hes stamina etc you can hear him breathing. so when clinched to a wall and hes stamina is low you can hear him breathing:P

Paegus
26th April 2007, 13:59
putting the hidden in a tighter spot than he's already in when low on stamina is realistic and all that but it'll only drive him to camp more. granted hit and run is what he's supposed to do but relying purely on that tactic is just boring... well at least if any of the iris have the eyes and ears for it.

the camera idea has been tossed around in various forms ranging from just having camera feeds in fixed locations (which could work if not for the problem with rendering shader though the display screen texture and the lack of self-rendering. curse you valve!) to having a player in a van overseeing the whole thing. the hackable version has been mentioned i believe but i can't think of what else to call it right now so searching is less than productive.

Doomsiren
27th April 2007, 12:22
i guess you are right. and owh perhaps a bit off topic but if you want to grab an iris body you have to use the use key? is that e? because my pounce is e so is that the reason it does not work?

Paegus
27th April 2007, 12:27
Options > Keyboard > find the command > bind a new one.