PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Master

Mr. Bottomhat
26th April 2007, 00:06
Goes beta today! It's another source mod which pits an RTS dude versus a bunch of FPSers, just that this one seems to be (or become) well balanced as opposed ot Iron Grip. It's a little unstable at the moment (think hidden b1) and the zombies lack most animations but it has promise. Also, it's priceless to see the last survivor run to the truck with the last can of fuel just to have the Zombie Master snap the line of a huge cargo container, squishing him.

www.zombiemaster.org

QReaper
26th April 2007, 00:31
I played it last week, damn thing was near unplayable, but the 1.0.1 patch released Sunday and it's working relatively well now. It's enjoyable.

Ging
26th April 2007, 02:15
Goes beta today!

Er, yeah, if this were last week...

Considering the 1.01 update was posted 4 days ago, I think you've got your dates muddled.

Though speaking of the mod, I've downloaded it, just not been able to have a bash yet - too few servers that are always full (at least, with a decent ping).

Boxy
26th April 2007, 08:05
When I played it it was very laggy and it seemed that some of the zombies cannot be killed by the human players for some reason, which struck me as odd (possibly lag related?). It's a nice idea and with an industrial size can of polish it can become something very cool. I'll keep my eyes on it. I tried the first release, haven't tried it it with the patch...

Paegus
26th April 2007, 09:53
tried it the other day as well and i love the overall concept of it. but as mentioned there's only one server in remotely acceptable ping-range and it's always full, except for those 3 times i managed to connect only to ctd the instant it was done loading. the ZM interface really need some work. not the hud but the way things are seemingly hardcoded to the various mouse buttons and such = lose

Lethess
26th April 2007, 17:29
well when i played it last week, i managed to get on one decent server at around 3 am. It was fun untill the server started laggin then crashed , but i manage to get at lest 2 rounds in just to get a jist of the game.

i think when most the bugs are fixed and what not it would be a pretty awsome game

<Beatlemania>
29th April 2007, 05:20
umm...im trying to unzip it...and it wants to install a screensaver. I can understand how its the first beta..

Daedalus
29th April 2007, 09:11
umm...im trying to unzip it...and it wants to install a screensaver. I can understand how its the first beta..

It does? ZoneAlarm would have caught that...

This mod is kinda fun, the only things I hate are the fact that in a large server you have a fairly small chance of becoming ZM, the clients and servers crash a lot, and there's only 3 good weapons on the map. Okay, the last part may make sense since it's a zombie mod and people are short on supplies, but damn, it sucks a lot to get lag at the start of the round or spawn in the wrong place and remain only with a crowbar...

EDIT: Yeah, there's 3 shotguns and 2 rifles. I never bothered to look around the map much. :D

Ging
29th April 2007, 11:17

That'd be your zip program being a bit shit - it's picking up the settings.scr from the cfg folder as a screensaver (same extension) - use a different unzip (winzip or winrar would both do the job) and move on.

starstriker1
29th April 2007, 18:52
Actually, there are at least four shotguns, a whole bunch of pistols at spawn, one (usable) rifle (though the ammo is in short supply... magnum rounds).

Daedalus
29th April 2007, 18:55
Actually, there are at least four shotguns, a whole bunch of pistols at spawn, one (usable) rifle (though the ammo is in short supply... magnum rounds).

There's four shotguns and two rifles, but one rifle and shotgun is in zombie spawning territory. It's only fun when you're ZM, playing human gets old. A nice feature would be to be able to play as a shambler or something when you're dead...

Paegus
29th April 2007, 20:36
...which are already grabbed by the guy who spawns closest to them before you have time to react. i mean i'm all for having a weapon economy (so to speak) but when you've got 16 players and a shotgun or 2... well... lets just say i didn't find it overtly fun to mill around the map for 4 minutes with a pistol i never found any ammo for at least not until i noticed the swarm of 30 zombies after me because i was the only one left. thank god for crappy AI and node graphs?