PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Meat to PS

Solinarius
22nd April 2007, 22:10
Holler :) , tried the game last night, ended up playing roughly 6 hours hehe... had a nice round of coffee (Then I got donuts for breakfast). I forget which server I went to, but everyone in there was pretty badass. Most of em ended up playing for hours also.

As The Hidden, I had quite a bit of trouble pinning bodies.. I only managed to do it once in multi-player. Step 1.) Got point blank to a wall. Step 2.) Right Clicked. Step 3.) Dropped the body instead of pinning it.

Paegus
22nd April 2007, 22:23
welcome to the meat grinder

ComeToJesus
22nd April 2007, 22:31
Good to have you aboard.

To pin bodies, you have to stick to the wall, not just get next to it and right clock. It'll be a lot easier to pounce upwards into a wall and stick (done by right click, and then right click again when you're next to the wall) rather than getting point blank to it and having to double click right click really quickly. Then click your pigstick button to pin it (not the use key).

Have fun!

Paegus
22nd April 2007, 22:42
you don't have to cling to the wall to pin. just be close enough and looking at the wall to have it grab. there was talk a while back of extending the pin distance enough to make ground pinning possible so if that ever gets done pinning in general should become a lot easier... which wouldn't be a bad thing at all imo.

Ging
23rd April 2007, 00:02
I've never had an issue pinning without sticking first - so it's certainly not a requirement of the system.

sharpshark28
23rd April 2007, 03:37
I have had MINOR pinning problems. But I guess it just comes down to a bit of practice knowing where you got to be to pin. I usually pin them up high anyways so I have to stick to the wall for that.

ill
23rd April 2007, 14:54
you have to be preaty fast to pin the up during a fight but it gives a cool effect on IRIS.:p

ComeToJesus
23rd April 2007, 19:50
you don't have to cling to the wall to pin. just be close enough and looking at the wall to have it grab. there was talk a while back of extending the pin distance enough to make ground pinning possible so if that ever gets done pinning in general should become a lot easier... which wouldn't be a bad thing at all imo.

I should've said, it's easier to pin when you stick. I implied it's possible to do it without sticking with

rather than getting point blank to it and having to double click right click really quickly

ProgrammedToConsume
23rd April 2007, 20:06
To pin bodies, you have to stick to the wall, not just get next to it

Actually you didn't imply that you don't have to cling.

ComeToJesus
23rd April 2007, 20:27
Go be an internet superhero somewhere else champ.

ProgrammedToConsume
23rd April 2007, 20:38
GTFO

You made a fallacious statement, I corrected it. If you can't take it, that's your problem.

Zabiela
23rd April 2007, 21:06
If you can't take it, that's your problem.

Exactly, so why do you care?

ProgrammedToConsume
23rd April 2007, 21:12
I don't, the implication of my statement was that if he doesn't like it, then he needs to go. You need not concern yourself with what I say.

Now let us get back OT.

ComeToJesus
23rd April 2007, 23:25
GTFO

You made a fallacious statement, I corrected it. If you can't take it, that's your problem.

Which I then corrected when I said

I should've said, it's easier to pin when you stick

And I did imply that you don't have to cling when I said

rather than getting point blank to it and having to double click right click really quickly
But being the internet champ that you are, you didn't even read or comprehend that.

Ging
23rd April 2007, 23:44
Kids kids kids, stop the bickering, ok?

Solinarius
24th April 2007, 00:45
*Cries*

Demented
24th April 2007, 01:03
In light of the previous "discussion"....

Welcome to Hell, Solinarius. :o
(A.k.a. The Hidden-Source Forums)

ProgrammedToConsume
24th April 2007, 01:04
being the internet champ that you are, you didn't even read or comprehend that.

How could I comprehend what I didn't read? I corrected what you said, and you corrected my fault(having not paid attention to your whole post). You don't see me bickering do you? If you want to bicker, then bicker, just pm it to me as not to spam the forums.

Ging that was quite possibly the nicest thing you have ever said to me.

Sorry about that Solinarius. Welcome to H:S. I swear I don't always act this retarded.

Subface Normal
24th April 2007, 01:37
Kids kids kids, stop the bickering, ok?

You gotta put on your cape and become that internet superhero everyone's been talking about first ging... you know that, you run these forums... cape first! then moderate!

Solinarius
24th April 2007, 01:51
Thanks for the welcome all :cool:

ProgrammedToConsume
24th April 2007, 01:58
You gotta put on your cape and become that internet superhero everyone's been talking about first ging... you know that, you run these forums... cape first! then moderate!

I can almost picture him doing that.

btw, Solinarius. Just a piece of advice: read the stickies if you haven't already. If you have, read them again just for the heck of it.

Ging
24th April 2007, 10:32

You mean I should only wear the cape on special occasions?

ProgrammedToConsume
24th April 2007, 18:56
Don't listen to him Ging, you're superman here. Heroes don't work on occasion, it's around the clock man.

Sil
24th April 2007, 19:35
How could I comprehend what I didn't read?

Sorry for making an arse out of you and making an arse out of me by making an arse out of you, but I think this sentence kind of speaks for itself.
Really. =)

Loves to you too.

ProgrammedToConsume
24th April 2007, 20:00
Sil you make my brain twitch.

I do a perfectly good job of making an arse out of myself on my own thank you.

Sil
24th April 2007, 20:09
Point taken. =)

Welcome aboard, Solinarius. You might notice that my join date nigh rivals that of the team itself...

Yeh. That's pretty much an e-penis gauge.

Red
25th April 2007, 06:15
*swallows forum envy* :(

Felf
25th April 2007, 20:26
Huzzah! Mine's not that much shorter. (my e-penis that is).

Welcome, and hope to see ya ingame sometime. Watch out for Smokey's - those servers rock your socks if you're in europe.

A word to the wise though - I've seen a fair few new people not really get this. Pigstick... Has its place. Just don't go insta-splatting people within the first 30 seconds of the game; they won't love you for it. You might not get as many kills, and you might have more rounds where you pretty much look rubbish for a while, but it's worth trying to play with as little PS as possible. (Unless a player is using either the f2000 or a shotgun, in which case knock yourself out :p ) Toss around some barrels and stuff; it's more fun that way anyways...

Sil
25th April 2007, 21:44
Huzzah! Mine's not that much shorter. (my e-penis that is).
=P No, you're not measuring from the root of it. See, mine's at least 6 or maybe even 7 months longer than yours. That's some wicked length. It wins me favour with the admins, fo' sho'.

ProgrammedToConsume
26th April 2007, 01:02
If you follow that train of thought then the devs have us all by a great margin.

Demented
26th April 2007, 01:38
Hah, only by a handful of months. You really have to look for the early birds that joined back in the playtaster days. Most of them have drifted away. (I actually waited until beta1 came out before signing up... the playtaster wasn't tasty enough for me to try.)

Sil
26th April 2007, 14:04
Hehe. I was told to sign up way before I actually did. A vital team member had told me to do so, but I was putting it off.

(This is kind of like the time Bruce Dickinson told me they'd have their new album out by this year.)

Ging
26th April 2007, 14:25
A vital team member had told me to do so, but I was putting it off.

Gus is vital?

When did that happen? :D

Sil
26th April 2007, 15:11
Without him, you wouldn't have me on your boards. ;)

Paegus
26th April 2007, 15:44
you say that like it's a GOOD thing...:eek:

ProgrammedToConsume
26th April 2007, 19:28
Ah come on, Gus and Sil are awesome.

My e-penis would be longer but I delayed joining this community for a few months after Qreaper told me about it(yes blame qreaper for it).

Demented
26th April 2007, 22:47
Naughty naughty Qreaper! He should've made your account for you. Now your e-penis has suffered for it. Such a dire shame.

starstriker1
27th April 2007, 00:08
The extended metaphor is ASKING for a bad joke, guys...

ProgrammedToConsume
27th April 2007, 00:28
No, just no. Qreaper is not to do anything that involves my penis, e-penis or not.

Demented
27th April 2007, 08:24
The extended metaphor is ASKING for a bad joke, guys...

Ah, but what numbskull would be willing to give up all this unreleased metaphorically sexual tension for the sake of a cheap joke? :p

-SM-SUCKER
27th April 2007, 11:01
*cough*hutch*cough*