PDA

View Full Version : Iris corpse dragging

Zabiela
12th April 2007, 21:13
I'd like to know what the team's thoughts on letting iris drag bodies, at the expense of having their weapon drop. I can remember many a time, when the need to defend a couple fresh corpses forced our group to split up, and if I could have just dragged the body I was watching around the next corner I would have had a great tactical advantage.
Besides, with people giving up pigstick, theres a fantastic supply of health available to the hidden. If the iris could have a certain measure of control over it, it could be more interesting.

Demented
12th April 2007, 21:56
Isn't it a bit easy for the Hidden to steal the bodies away after you've been lugging them around?

Killzone
12th April 2007, 22:03
If you mean dropping your weapon in order to pick the body up, then you have to take the chance that the hidden doesn't run over and throw your gun somewhere, which would also be a pain.

Paegus
12th April 2007, 22:06
drop or holster/sling/lower? there's a distinct difference...

and yeah it's easy enough for the hidden to pounce in grab the body and split...

Zabiela
12th April 2007, 22:31
drop or holster/sling/lower? there's a distinct difference...

and yeah it's easy enough for the hidden to pounce in grab the body and split...

Yes, I meant holster. When you're using organized teamwork to defend corpses its not that easy for a hidden to grab them without taking a few bullets, and us knowing where he went.

ProgrammedToConsume
12th April 2007, 22:48
At least, having said that, it encourages teamwork.

Lethess
13th April 2007, 00:12
Thats probably a good idea to have in a hex map :D

Subface Normal
13th April 2007, 00:30
Bonus objective: Burn all bodies. Leave no IRIS member behind for the hidden to find... no matter what it takes...

Daedalus
13th April 2007, 10:17
Bonus objective: Burn all bodies. Leave no IRIS member behind for the hidden to find... no matter what it takes...

New class available! Pyro!

Primary weapon: Gasoline. The hidden can slash this, which results in a huge fireball.

Secondary: Matches. Does 5 damage to the hidden when thrown and makes the hidden make a slightly painful sound. Can be useful in dark places, enticing the hidden to attack you first out of the group.

Gets 20 weighting for every corpse burnt.

CAUTION: EXPLODES ON DEATH

-SM-SUCKER
13th April 2007, 10:37
@ Daedalus: You forgot the :D and ;)

Daedalus
13th April 2007, 11:29
@ Daedalus: You forgot the :D and ;)

Shut up, I'm trying to keep a straight face here! :p

Euphoria
13th April 2007, 12:37

Primary weapon: Gasoline. The hidden can slash this, which results in a huge fireball.

Secondary: Matches. Does 5 damage to the hidden when thrown and makes the hidden make a slightly painful sound. Can be useful in dark places, enticing the hidden to attack you first out of the group.

If a team killer used you as a suicide bomber by shooting the gasoline tank and it killed the hidden, who would get the kill?:p

Daedalus
13th April 2007, 12:57
If a team killer used you as a suicide bomber by shooting the gasoline tank and it killed the hidden, who would get the kill?:p

The internet!

But (not so) seriously now, the bomber would get the kill and the TKer would get voteb&'d off the server.

Euphoria
13th April 2007, 13:23
But (not so) seriously now,

If a slash could blow up the gasoline so could a nade or any flying debris, and so by choosing this pyro class no one would want to be anywhere near you because if a group gets naded the two explosions (one from the nade and the other from you) would blow up the group, and possibly start off a chain reaction of other pyros. So as a class choice no one would choose it, but if the hidden was given the option of 'tagging' an iris with a nade, especially if they were a known camper, there's a small possiblity this idea just might add something good to the game...:D ;)

Demented
13th April 2007, 20:45
Sounds like a Grenadier or Flamethrower in C&C.
They go Pop! Or Fwoosh! One of the two.

drknoerz
13th April 2007, 22:12
how about heat (or better) hidden seeking missle? :)

about topic: the idea is not that bad, i think. even a good hidden is will lose more health by grabbing and running away with a body than he would get out of the corpse (if itīs watched by iris...).

the main problem I see with the idea: it would encurage camping to much.if you put 3 corpses somewhere being iris - youīre not wandering around anymore - otherwise the whole thing would be pointless (or even good for the hidden...)

Zabiela
14th April 2007, 00:30
Yeah it would encourage camping a little, but I dont think campers would even care to bother with the corpses. Besides, if the camper really did want to corrall all the corpses into a corner, he would spend so much time dragging them that he'd be killed anyway.
But for the occasional "lets get this body out of the open" it could be cool.

drknoerz
14th April 2007, 01:52
true... since it would at least take 2 to get the corpse from a to b with a little feeling of safety

Daedalus
14th April 2007, 09:34
about topic: the idea is not that bad, i think. even a good hidden is will lose more health by grabbing and running away with a body than he would get out of the corpse (if itīs watched by iris...).

Well, no, if the hidden knows what he's doing he wouldn't go for the camped corpse...

drknoerz
14th April 2007, 14:24
Well, no, if the hidden knows what he's doing he wouldn't go for the camped corpse...

because:

"even a good hidden is will lose more health by grabbing and running away with a body than he would get out of the corpse"

as I already said...

Zabiela
14th April 2007, 20:20

So you agree it can be used 'right'? And im not talking about camping a body in a corner [even those that'll eventually happen sometimes]

boohoo im still hoping that ive suggested something useful

Sil
14th April 2007, 21:32
I like it, but I fear it would be deemed "trivial" and "unecessarily complicating" by what I like to call "Higher Forces".

Which sucks, 'cause it'd be very cool, and I doubt it'd be too hard to code, just allowing IRIS to grab teammates by the arm, and banning all shooting within a reasonable amount of time between pressing "E" at a corpse and releasing it again.

Daedalus
14th April 2007, 21:50
So you agree it can be used 'right'? And im not talking about camping a body in a corner [even those that'll eventually happen sometimes]

Well, if one IRIS was in a corridor and all the corpses were there, unless I could dart in and dissapear around a corner with the body quick enough, I wouldn't go for it...

So yeah, this would help the IRIS. And it's a good idea.

Though on maps like highrise you could try and toss them over the edge. Disabling jumping will do the trick, but people will find a way to do it. Probably it will involve doing something highly distracting, leaving the perpetrator open for a nudge over the edge. (which is fun for everyone) :D

Mr. Bottomhat
14th April 2007, 23:02
Well, if one IRIS was in a corridor and all the corpses were there, unless I could dart in and dissapear around a corner with the body quick enough, I wouldn't go for it...

So yeah, this would help the IRIS. And it's a good idea.

Though on maps like highrise you could try and toss them over the edge. Disabling jumping will do the trick, but people will find a way to do it. Probably it will involve doing something highly distracting, leaving the perpetrator open for a nudge over the edge. (which is fun for everyone) :D
I think throwing your dead mates down from highrise is legitimate since the hidden might as well be behind him and punt his ass over the edge as well. Also, if you don't want IRIS to take your food just pin it somewhere.

ProgrammedToConsume
15th April 2007, 00:02
You should pin the bodies anyway since they sometimes make decent bullet stops or distractions.

Paegus
15th April 2007, 01:42
but until/unless the pin points correctly handle being pulled on too hard, you aren't as free to fling them around once they're pinned in place.

ProgrammedToConsume
15th April 2007, 02:45
You've got to love slapping somebody to death with his buddy's corpse.

Mr. Bottomhat
15th April 2007, 02:57
You've got to love slapping somebody to death with his buddy's corpse.
Aren't bodies hollow physically?

hutch
15th April 2007, 07:03
Aren't bodies hollow physically?

Yes..... at least in my world......

starstriker1
15th April 2007, 07:29
Your world is silly!

Paegus
15th April 2007, 09:53
having corpses be fully interact (step-able on, run into-able, hit with-able) is fun and all but then the hidden can't pin them that easily since as soon as he lets go they get de-debris-ed while bits of him may still be inside so he gets stuck.

mind, gutter, out

Subface Normal
15th April 2007, 20:13
having corpses be fully interact (step-able on, run into-able, hit with-able) is fun and all but then the hidden can't pin them that easily since as soon as he lets go they get de-debris-ed while bits of him may still be inside so he gets stuck.

mind, gutter, out

"HEY YOU! GET YOUR LEG OUT OF MY TORSO!"

lcpuche
16th April 2007, 02:28

wow that is *looks out* :D

Dark Soul
16th April 2007, 02:53

mind, gutter, out

Make it so corpses don't interact with the hidden?

QReaper
16th April 2007, 03:20
That sounds like a physics nightmare.

starstriker1
16th April 2007, 03:58
It was tried, it didn't work... colliding ragdolls just meant players got snagged nastily every time their got near.