PDA

View Full Version : Hammer: In-game crash

Vcc2cc
11th April 2007, 01:46
Is there anything I should know about mapping for the hidden? Like are there any entities I should place before i compile? besides 8 marine spawns and 1 hidden spawn?

I compiled my map, error free, and as soon as I get in, it lasts about 3 seconds before crashing, the console showed no problems either. Any help?

Subface Normal
11th April 2007, 03:50
you need atleast 1 info_spectator entity in the map or it will crash as soon as you join the game.

Vcc2cc
11th April 2007, 15:38
ok works, thanks.

New question now: People, and objects fall through my displacment, how do i fix this?

Boxy
11th April 2007, 15:43
Its a change in the way collsion works. In Beta 4 backwards Linux and Windows had seperate processes for collsion but as of using Source SDK Base (that Beta 5 will use) they now share the same collsion data. Basically the displacement has no idea how to react to objects hitting it and as such sets itself to non-collision (or something along those lines). Dont concern yourself with it, as of Beta 5 your map will work properly...

Vcc2cc
11th April 2007, 15:44
: ( damn, o well, thanks.

Paegus
11th April 2007, 15:59
umm just add -novirtualmesh to the bsp compile line for now.

...i think...

yeah: http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=6833&highlight=novirtualmesh