PDA

View Full Version : LAG/Flashlight Poll

Vcc2cc
11th April 2007, 01:08
Well firstly, anyone else besides me find LAG's useless?

I think it'd be a better gadget to have a LAG/flashlight hybrid. Perhaps a flashlight with a slight bit of green in it. Maybe it can detect the hidden? In splinter cell Multiplayer if a spy was hit with a Phosphrous Grenade he left a trail of glowing green footprints for X amount of time.

I'm not saying do exactly this cuz then everyone will pick this item, but perhaps something instead of a regular flashlight that really doesn't help? It might be cool for it to show where the Hidden was based on the amount of time he was standing there. For instance, if the hidden was standing still for 10 seconds the flashlight would show a faint green, and 20 seconds a bit darker. Anyone know where i'm going with this?

Zabiela
11th April 2007, 01:14
For instance, if the hidden was standing still for 10 seconds the flashlight would show a faint green, and 20 seconds a bit darker. Anyone know where i'm going with this?

Did up untill this last part, you've confused me. A color changing flashlight? No.

Vcc2cc
11th April 2007, 01:17
the flashlight would have a slight green color to it, but it'd highlight spots that the hidden stayed in too long a brighter, more brilliant green.

pazik
11th April 2007, 02:00
Well firstly, anyone else besides me find LAG's useless?

I think it'd be a better gadget to have a LAG/flashlight hybrid. Perhaps a flashlight with a slight bit of green in it. Maybe it can detect the hidden? In splinter cell Multiplayer if a spy was hit with a Phosphrous Grenade he left a trail of glowing green footprints for X amount of time.

I'm not saying do exactly this cuz then everyone will pick this item, but perhaps something instead of a regular flashlight that really doesn't help? It might be cool for it to show where the Hidden was based on the amount of time he was standing there. For instance, if the hidden was standing still for 10 seconds the flashlight would show a faint green, and 20 seconds a bit darker. Anyone know where i'm going with this?

flashlight useless? it makes hidden easy to see!

or is "lag" the green laser? sorry. useless? it lets you aim well!

Ging
11th April 2007, 02:00
Right out the gate, no.

Go back and read the sticky at the top of this section of the forum.

VoiceOfDecember
11th April 2007, 02:02
As it has been said before, there is no chance the hidden will be able to be seen better in any way. The hybrid torch sounds ok, dont know how it would work. But the spotting of the hidden easier goes right out the window. Think of the implications if this was worked into the game

Daedalus
11th April 2007, 08:24
10 seconds? I dunno but if I took 10 seconds starting at my screen I could triple check the room for the hidden...while he is pouncing at me. Sitting still always makes you vulnerable it seems.

Paegus
11th April 2007, 08:51
or is "lag" the green laser? sorry. useless? it lets you aim well!

Light Amplification Goggles... aka night vision google or image intensifier goggles.

Euphoria
11th April 2007, 10:43
I love the flashlight, especially on sewers and derelict with a p90 or shotgun, but the LAGs ruin the atmosphere of the game, making everything green and all.

Daedalus
11th April 2007, 12:18
I love the flashlight, especially on sewers and derelict with a p90 or shotgun, but the LAGs ruin the atmosphere of the game, making everything green and all.

Nah, don't think they ruin the atmosphere. It makes the hidden harder to see with all the fuzziness imo. :p