PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Hammer disappearing?

Dr_Doak
10th April 2007, 02:25
Whenever I configure Hidden into Hammer I can map for a while but eventually the Hidden option from the drop down menu on Hammer disappears and I have to reconfigure it into Hammer. Its very frustrating.

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/5166/nohibz0.png

As you can see Hidden isn't in the above picture, but it used to be. I have no idea why it keeps disappearing.

Paegus
10th April 2007, 10:23
do you use Windows Vista? the only time i noticed that happening was on Vista when trying to map for a game stored where my account didn't have explicit permission to write to the registry and folders that steam was installed to since installing it needs admin but running it doesn't... quite.

sharpshark28
10th April 2007, 18:56
This happened once to me, only once. Removed Infernal Investigation config and Hidden config. Hasn't happened for a few weeks.

Dr_Doak
10th April 2007, 23:11
do you use Windows Vista? the only time i noticed that happening was on Vista when trying to map for a game stored where my account didn't have explicit permission to write to the registry and folders that steam was installed to since installing it needs admin but running it doesn't... quite.

Nope not on vista

This happened once to me, only once. Removed Infernal Investigation config and Hidden config. Hasn't happened for a few weeks.

Sorry, what is this exactly, and how can I try it? I'm new to mapping...

Dr_Doak
13th April 2007, 01:10
Anyone? It disappeared again....

WS-Rich
18th April 2007, 12:57
Anyone? It disappeared again....
Its just disappeared on me now for the 1st time i will put it back in and see if it disappeares again
I am also on win xp pro

Dr_Doak
25th April 2007, 20:57
Well until it is fixed I'm going to put some of the text here so I can copy/paste it into the config when it disappears again.

$SteamUserDir\half-life 2

$SteamDir\SteamApps\SourceMods\hidden

$SteamDir\SteamApps\SourceMods\hidden\maps

----
$SteamUserDir\half-life 2\hl2.exe

$SteamUserDir\sourcesdk\bin\vbsp.exe

$SteamUserDir\sourcesdk\bin\vvis.exe

$SteamUserDir\sourcesdk\bin\vrad.exe

$SteamDir\SteamApps\SourceMods\hidden\maps

Paegus
25th April 2007, 23:07
and hopefully your internet connection doesn't fail... wouldn't notepad text document be a tad more accessible?

Ging
26th April 2007, 02:12
Wouldn't just copying an existing entry from GameConfig.txt and modifying that make even more sense than keeping anything on here for copying and pasting reasons?

It's like, 2 entries you have to change after all.

Subface Normal
26th April 2007, 02:18
I say make your config a read-only so that it cant be deleted. Just in case copy it and save it in My Documents or something so that if it fails again you can copy|paste it back into the folder. Other than this I dont know how to help oyu. I dont have issues with this unless I reinstall steam or something