PDA

View Full Version : idea

lcpuche
6th April 2007, 02:36
i have a idea for:

a weapon for the hidden:

how about lab vials he must have grabbed some from the lab before he left like acid and poisonous fumes.

it would be a great anty-camp tool because if the acid or fumes are on the floor, so the camper will have to move or die a stupid death :D

a hidden ability: to move into tight spaces so he can escape in a way iris cant ;)

also for the iris:
to have an engineer that can see trough cameras but because of the equipment he can only carry a pistol

starstriker1
6th April 2007, 05:23
Stickies.

Demented
6th April 2007, 05:47
a weapon for the hidden:

Stickies probably nixed this one.
(Good chance it has been suggested before.)

a hidden ability: to move into tight spaces so he can escape in a way iris cant ;)

Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible.
(It has been suggested before.)

However, there is a workaround for mapmakers: Special clip brushes can be added into a map that are solid to the IRIS, but the Hidden can pass through. With clever mapmaking, you can at least get the illusion of the Hidden squeezing through places that IRIS can't.

also for the iris:

Eh.

Cranky
6th April 2007, 11:18
Not only would Lab Vials look silly when compared to nades, but they will also make the hidden even more imbalanced. Considering the game as it is now, a skilled hidden will oumaneuver most of the IRIS people on the server, adding vials to be used as a roadblock will make the IRIS team have a harder time.

Also, Engineers would really be good-for-nothings.

Phaedrus
6th April 2007, 16:34
The Hidden needs an AWP.:p

lcpuche
6th April 2007, 16:40
Not only would Lab Vials look silly when compared to nades, but they will also make the hidden even more imbalanced. Considering the game as it is now, a skilled hidden will oumaneuver most of the IRIS people on the server, adding vials to be used as a roadblock will make the IRIS team have a harder time.

Also, Engineers would really be good-for-nothings.

i just hate campers :D

Ging
6th April 2007, 19:57
The Hidden needs an AWP.:p

I just died a little bit more inside :p

lcpuche
6th April 2007, 20:11

i mean the vial to be somewhat worthless against moving targets. so that it slooowly take life away to whoever is standing on it

Daedalus
6th April 2007, 20:44
Instead of that you could just use barrels and stuff to slowly chip away at the camper's health. :)

ComeToJesus
6th April 2007, 21:06
Speaking of vials and fumes, it'd be a fun novelty at least, to have vials, or bottles or jars or whatever, filled with whatever, that when you throw them on the ground, it creates that steam/gas effect you see on a lot of levels.

Daedalus
6th April 2007, 21:07
Speaking of vials and fumes, it'd be a fun novelty at least, to have vials, or bottles or jars or whatever, filled with whatever, that when you throw them on the ground, it creates that steam/gas effect you see on a lot of levels.

DO WANT.

Oh imagine the ammo wasteage. :D

ComeToJesus
6th April 2007, 21:10
haha exactly

Daedalus
6th April 2007, 21:21
So I just got this idea...

Infinium labs developed that sarin oxide thing used in 303 pellets right? Say the hidden managed to snag a couple of those vials while he was escaping.

Now you can throw these near IRIS to blur their vision for a short amount of time, but if you get near the sarin cloud you take damage and get blurred yourself - or if you try to attack a blurred IRIS you take 30 damage and get blurred per each slash you make on him. However phys objects don't count. ;)

I can imagine making campers/clusters panicking when they're blurred and stuff is flying at them. :D

Spoiler: This idea gets horribly shot down by the devs.

Paegus
6th April 2007, 23:26
well i still think that 303 hits should have some kind of AoE around where they splat. so if you near-miss the hidden he and any iris nearby still get a whiff.

from there you can forego the special vials and whatnot and just have the discarded 303 magazines and weapons be throwable and when they impact some of the capsules break. unless of course the magazine is empty... in which case it's just a piece of metal that should really hurt when thrown at someone... like all the guns should if it wasn't for the extra physics drain that would dump on the server.

lcpuche
7th April 2007, 00:48
So I just got this idea...

Infinium labs developed that sarin oxide thing used in 303 pellets right? Say the hidden managed to snag a couple of those vials while he was escaping.

Now you can throw these near IRIS to blur their vision for a short amount of time, but if you get near the sarin cloud you take damage and get blurred yourself - or if you try to attack a blurred IRIS you take 30 damage and get blurred per each slash you make on him. However phys objects don't count. ;)

I can imagine making campers/clusters panicking when they're blurred and stuff is flying at them. :D

Spoiler: This idea gets horribly shot down by the devs.

IT IS EXELENT !

Ging
7th April 2007, 10:36
IT IS EXELENT !

No, it's not.

lcpuche
7th April 2007, 15:14
No, it's not.

aww wrong again :(

Paegus
7th April 2007, 16:26
perhaps had you spelt excellent correctly it may well have been but now we'll never know for sure.

though quite frankly it adds nothing that isn't already there

lcpuche
7th April 2007, 18:48
perhaps had you spelt excellent correctly it may well have been but now we'll never know for sure.

though quite frankly it adds nothing that isn't already there

im spanish its not my foult :D

starstriker1
7th April 2007, 19:32
Oh, it remains your FAULT, but we can forgive it on the BASIS of you not speaking english as a native language. :)

Cranky
7th April 2007, 21:11
just have the discarded 303 magazines and weapons be throwable and when they impact some of the capsules break. unless of course the magazine is empty... in which case it's just a piece of metal that should really hurt when thrown at someone... like all the guns should if it wasn't for the extra physics drain that would dump on the server.

Imagine the amount of coding for a near useless function that also get servers to be more laggy. I would vote for a very realistic game if it weren't for the amount of shit the servers as well as clients would have to go through to let it work. And even so some features would really not be used. Also, 303 team attacks makes IRISes blind as it is, so I wouldn't really want additional amounts of blur ;)

ProgrammedToConsume
9th April 2007, 16:12
Things not to suggest :
For 617 to:
Have a variety of grenades, such as paint/flash/smoke.

The vials would be a form of bomb, so just guess where this will go.

Daedalus
9th April 2007, 17:06
The vials would be a form of bomb, so just guess where this will go.

Yeah, I know. But we can dream. :p

ProgrammedToConsume
9th April 2007, 17:10
Yeah, I know. But we can dream. :p

Dream about women, it's healthier for you.

Daedalus
9th April 2007, 17:32
Dream about women, it's healthier for you.

I dream about a lotta things.

ProgrammedToConsume
9th April 2007, 17:36
I dream about a lotta things.

Variety is the spice of life...sometimes.