PDA

View Full Version : [MOVIE] I'm a Stealthy Evil Asshole.

Daedalus
3rd April 2007, 20:16
Righty. Yet again, after about 6 months of working on this it's finally done. (95% of the time working was actually spent doing nothing)

I didn't plan this to be a fragmovie, I just wanted to do different things. There are some killwhoring parts, but mostly the movie is about physkills.

I forgot to add credits to the soundtrack, since I kinda rushed the movie to get off about 16GB of footage off my HD. There aren't too many flashy effects, just a simple film flash or fade here and there.

Without further ado:

-You can find the high quality version (112MB) at MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U0DSHO6F), and there's a new source up at HiddenBase (http://www.hiddenbase.de/index.php?site=movie&id=3) (Thanks go to CuBe on that one).
-Low quality version (53MB) at FileFront (http://files.filefront.com/StealthyEvilAsshole3rar/;7124177;/fileinfo.html).
-A streaming version up at vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com/clip:164805).

The streaming version kinda sucks in the quality department. Get the high quality version if you don't want to enter an artifact-induced coma. ;)

Trouble with Megaupload's country limit? Get this linkgrabber (http://rapidshare.com/files/24190504/MU_Link_Grabber_V6.rar.html).

Song Credits:
-"I'm an asshole" - Dennis Leary
-"When you're evil" - Cabaret Voltaire
-"Ruthless" - Amon Tobin - Splinter Cell 3 Official soundtrack

Chas0r
3rd April 2007, 22:34
Awesome! These thumbnail-views must have been a bunch of work.

butterқnife
3rd April 2007, 22:57
Damn! Great video!

The thumbnails were a nice touch, lots of work for sure. I have got to work on my vertical phys kills. You've got the jump and slam down. Nice work with slowmo and perspective as well.

Zabiela
3rd April 2007, 23:10
Great video. I laughed at the vocals in the first song.

Paegus
4th April 2007, 00:09
that was great mate.

though if you can grab anything like as reliably as it seems... i officially hate you :p

VoiceOfDecember
4th April 2007, 04:04
Wow, your good. Great movie too. You just inspired me to get some psy skills :p

Knigh7s
4th April 2007, 07:03
Awsome footage dude! I humbly bow down to your phys skillz!

btw opening song was by Tenacious D ya?

... ...
... ... ...
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
<shuffles through email looking for fraps key />

-SM-SUCKER
4th April 2007, 11:34
Really nice!
The longer scene in sewers where you deal with about 5 guys in the corner of the tunnel is so HIDDEN. Sometimes it almost feels like looking at myself, especially with those pouncing-over-pallets-and-flicking-them-forward-moves :D
I guess you covered almost ever move which can kill IRIS. I saw many familiar names in there but my favorite is Heidi :)

Ayrehead
4th April 2007, 15:35
how does no one know the first song? its Denis Leary - Asshole

Also great work man, well done

PS

The kill at approx. 6:10 ..... ridiculosnes

Mr. Bottomhat
4th April 2007, 20:54
I really want to see this but the sites are mean to me :mad:

Cranky
4th April 2007, 23:07
The video-editing pwned, the physkills pwned, the music wasnt bad, but seriously; MORE SLOW-MOTION ;) I like to actually be able to see if you got the guy or not, sometimes it's just too quick a turn. Also the grand total is like the best hidden movie ever made, IMO. I really think that you should keep up doing those, they serve as learning materials as well as skillshows.

What the hell is with your sensitivity though? A question: does it help with the speed of the throws, is that it? Or am I to figure it out myself?

starstriker1
4th April 2007, 23:36
YoooooooouuuTuuuuuuuuube.

Daedalus
5th April 2007, 08:52
Well let's see,

@Bottomhat: The sites are mean to me as well...I can't upload the low quality one on megaupload, and filefront won't give me a link once i finish uploading. :rolleyes:

@Cranky: My sens is 10. That's what I use in all source games.

@Starstriker: Youtube hates videos longer than 10 mins. :(

Paegus
5th April 2007, 11:13
asking for just the game mouse sensitivity is about as productive as asking how much milk you put in your cereal.
what ticks are your windows sensitivity at for the normal control panel? the logitech one? what acceleration settings have you enabled for each? do you use the -noforcem... command lines? etc...

youtube: google video then

Daedalus
5th April 2007, 11:31
Eh, too lazy to look up those.

Way ahead of you though. Vid is up on vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com/clip:164805) and is processing. Hope it doesn't come out really mangled by their codec...

Cranky
5th April 2007, 14:09
asking for just the game mouse sensitivity is about as productive as asking how much milk you put in your cereal.
what ticks are your windows sensitivity at for the normal control panel? the logitech one? what acceleration settings have you enabled for each? do you use the -noforcem... command lines? etc...

youtube: google video then

I wasn't actually asking what sensitivity he had, rather if a higher sensitivity would make it easier to swing with physprops.

Also, how much milk do you put in your cereal?

starstriker1
5th April 2007, 21:19
Excellent editing, Daedalus.

Demented
5th April 2007, 21:48

Oh prrrf.

You can get all the necessary information with a single question:
How far do you have to move your mouse to make a 180?

Though, even that varies if mouse acceleration is on...

Chas0r
5th April 2007, 22:44
You can get all the necessary information with a single question:
How far do you have to move your mouse to make a 180?
A little trick I used sometimes: Assign the rotate buttons, which are usually the left/right cursor keys, to buttons easy to reach - say Q and E. When you turn, not only move the mouse but also tap these. Both rotation commands actually add up on each other and you turn faster. Dunno if that helps for throwing objects though, it's been a while since I last played.
Talking of which, it's really amazing how playing style has changed:
A year ago, basically everyone was pigsticking; slashing was some special event.. now even physkills became kinda ordinary.
.. there's a good chance I'll install Steam soon, just to see for myself ;)

Cranky
7th April 2007, 20:16
A little trick I used sometimes: Assign the rotate buttons, which are usually the left/right cursor keys, to buttons easy to reach - say Q and E. When you turn, not only move the mouse but also tap these. Both rotation commands actually add up on each other and you turn faster. Dunno if that helps for throwing objects though, it's been a while since I last played.
Talking of which, it's really amazing how playing style has changed:
A year ago, basically everyone was pigsticking; slashing was some special event.. now even physkills became kinda ordinary.
.. there's a good chance I'll install Steam soon, just to see for myself ;)

I just wanted to say that your movie collection from b1 and b2 was what really made me interesting in playing the hidden. So it's basically your fault that I am here ;)

CuBe
7th April 2007, 20:26
Really nice move.

Give us more like this one! ;)

Sil
9th April 2007, 11:41
"Wow"

Mr. Bottomhat
10th April 2007, 07:15
That was sick, I wish I had your skills. I dunno what to say, it's the most impressive piece of hiddening I've seen, and good direction as a plus, last song actually managed to make it seem like a horror game.

Daedalus
10th April 2007, 07:49
That was sick, I wish I had your skills. I dunno what to say, it's the most impressive piece of hiddening I've seen, and good direction as a plus, last song actually managed to make it seem like a horror game.

Wasn't really aiming for a horror theme, the song was from splinter cell - I wanted to go with something fast and stealthy for that part.

Well, fast for those parts when I'm not wedged between 2 IRIS in a corner. :D

Mayhem
10th April 2007, 17:12
Daedalus, real nice movie there. Glad you finally got it done. :)

Oh right. Love your sig also. But really.. are you compairing the innocent cute cat to a triplenader or telling that 'everytime you triplenade a cute innocent cat will be killed by Jimmeh'?

Daedalus
10th April 2007, 19:07
Daedalus, real nice movie there. Glad you finally got it done. :)

Oh right. Love your sig also. But really.. are you compairing the innocent cute cat to a triplenader or telling that 'everytime you triplenade a cute innocent cat will be killed by Jimmeh'?

This (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/11/God-kills-kitten.jpg) image ring any bells? ;)

Mayhem
11th April 2007, 05:46
All hail Jimmeh!

Diego
12th April 2007, 22:23
Seing that movie is almost as depressing as playing against you. Even after looking at it, I still don't know how you accomplishe some things. Just like with the dark prince ;) Love you guys *g*

EDIT: Love every single song in that movie

scratch
13th April 2007, 17:43
Heh, nicely done Daedalus. Really nice.

(the movie quality is a bit low though, even the high quality one)

(oh, and would have loved to see one of my maps there, lawl. aren't that good in the end i guess. xD)

Daedalus
13th April 2007, 19:14
Heh, nicely done Daedalus. Really nice.

(the movie quality is a bit low though, even the high quality one)

(oh, and would have loved to see one of my maps there, lawl. aren't that good in the end i guess. xD)

Yeah, premiere kinda mangled up everything in the end. The only version that came out nice was a 300mb one. ;)

Well, the only custom maps I ever played are deltalab and checkpoint. They sometimes run in smokey's. I usually don't bother trying to get new ones since the ingame download takes too much. Also haven't noticed any european server with any other custom map than the ones mentioned above...

Subface Normal
13th April 2007, 20:01
Awesome movie dude. I love the timing bits with the music... it's awesome

drknoerz
16th April 2007, 11:05
great work and even greater skills! i really have to learn how to physkill. i suck so hard on it - most of the time i hit the people with the things i trow at them, but it dosnīt do any damage... how do you speed them up so extreme?

where to get your first movie (really enjoyed this one - even the music was picked out very well!)

Daedalus
16th April 2007, 11:14
great work and even greater skills! i really have to learn how to physkill. i suck so hard on it - most of the time i hit the people with the things i trow at them, but it dosnīt do any damage... how do you speed them up so extreme?

where to get your first movie (really enjoyed this one - even the music was picked out very well!)

Well, if you look closely, you'll see that I grab the object and flick it in the desired direction. Though it's done so fast you don't really get what's going on. Basically you grab the object, quickly move your mouse in a direction and throw it at the same time. Practice offline and you'll see what I mean. :)

There's links to my other movie in this (http://forum.hidden-source.com/showthread.php?t=6369) thread, though there's only a couple of physkills in that one and focuses more on the stabby rampage parts. ;)

drknoerz
16th April 2007, 11:33
Basically you grab the object, quickly move your mouse in a direction and throw it at the same time.

ok - thats what Iīm trying to do already. after your video i was getting the idea i was missing something :)

at the moment, for me its hitting somebody OR speeding objects up - but Iīll train it!

thanks the advice and for the link, too!

Cranky
16th April 2007, 17:49
A good phys trick is to jump up into the air and then throw it directly down at your opponents. It's a trick figuring out how to aim but when you get it 50damage+ physthrows are not as hard to achieve anymore ;)

Mayhem
16th April 2007, 18:03
A good phys trick is to jump up into the air and then throw it directly down at your opponents. It's a trick figuring out how to aim but when you get it 50damage+ physthrows are not as hard to achieve anymore ;)

Gimped! Rare for the IRIS to survive such attack. Usually always does 100-500 dmg :)

legoman
16th April 2007, 19:15
Gimped! Rare for the IRIS to survive such attack. Usually always does 100-500 dmg :)

I've actually only done that once, in the docks, and COMPLETELY by accident. I thought it wouldn't do anything, but in the first 5 seconds of the game - some poor bastard got whacked in the head.

Needless to say, it was a major WTF for me. But yeah, practice makes perfect.

-SM-SUCKER
16th April 2007, 19:24
Heavy small objects (propane tanks :) ) can inflict some heavy damage. It also seems to depend on the surface which connects to the body. Sharp edges seem to do more damage than blunt ones. But a pallet thrown at top speed will do either 5 or 500 damage. It's a bit random as well :p

Sil
16th April 2007, 19:44
I think it's how much of the object's total momentum is stopped --transferred-- by(into) you. You did notice that, in HL2, you could knock out a lot more combine on one punt by picking up the radiator from a horizontal position, right?

Dunno if this is how it really works -- but at least it's how it seems to work.

Mr. Bottomhat
16th April 2007, 21:02
Heavy small objects (propane tanks :) ) can inflict some heavy damage. It also seems to depend on the surface which connects to the body. Sharp edges seem to do more damage than blunt ones. But a pallet thrown at top speed will do either 5 or 500 damage. It's a bit random as well :p
Tires. I'm not very good a physing people but I've had a fetish for the tires in traindepit ever since GM@N physed me with one back in b1. I love them, they won't break, they're pretty heavy, they look and sound nice and in my mind I think their round shape gives them better air properties.

Daedalus
16th April 2007, 21:09
I don't like propane tanks - they don't seem to fly like the other objects. The tires I like, they fly far but don't hit as hard as the xbox.

However that ceiling plate in deltalab is murder. Slide it around the floor, and it kills whoever's ankles it hits! :D

-SM-SUCKER
16th April 2007, 21:59
Singing: Everybody likes surfing! Surfing in the delta labs

Mayhem
17th April 2007, 06:59
I favor barrels the most :) Throwing a barrel across the main storage in stalkyard, hitting three IRIS with it and making them tk each other. Priceless!

brechtos
18th April 2007, 16:16
:cool: I LOVE YOU:cool:

ProgrammedToConsume
20th April 2007, 16:06
I enjoyed his great use of barrels, excellent movie daed.

Mayhem
24th August 2007, 11:59
Friends like to joke around. Daedalus and TDP know each other pretty well in the H:S world (I believe? :p)

Heck, even I have made lousy joke on TDP and on everyone else whom I consider as 'friend'.

E: Sry Honey, we play at Smokey's. Remember? Your banned from there. (tking, ring-any-bells?) :)

Daedalus
24th August 2007, 12:32
Hey, thanks for the thread necro. People might've forgotten about this.

Me and Prince were fooling around on highrise that day saying all sorts of things, and I was surprised when I simply jumped and threw the barrel at him with no fancy flick or anything. Instead of bouncing off him the barrel sent him flying off the map.

tl;dr lol internet.

Paegus
24th August 2007, 12:52
blah
great arguments and all that i'm sure you kick ass... but i/we'd still much rather play with him than you... so /shrug.

Zabiela
24th August 2007, 20:37
Did someone say something they regret :rolleyes:

Demented
24th August 2007, 21:13
Obviously.
Maybe he was looking for that other thread, in Mod Discussion...

Paegus
24th August 2007, 23:02
doesn't say anything particularly regrettable. but its content implies the reason for its deletion. i wish more people took that particular attitude toward posting actually.

-SM-SUCKER
25th August 2007, 21:31
Lousy jokes?
Hell I'm too serious a person to laugh over the internetzzz.

But once Smokey's are back online and/or B5 is out we will be having those GOOOOOD times again.
Hi Deadalus and Mayhem btw. To bad I missed the latest session :(

Zabiela
26th August 2007, 01:09
Man the euro scene sounds way more fun than ours.
/high ping
/jealousy

Cheesey
26th August 2007, 20:41
That's the way it is...

Euphoria
26th August 2007, 20:55
Lousy jokes?
Hell I'm too serious a person to laugh over the internetzzz.

But once Smokey's are back online and/or B5 is out we will be having those GOOOOOD times again.
Hi Deadalus and Mayhem btw. To bad I missed the latest session :(

just outta interest... why are they offline?

Pan the Goat God
27th August 2007, 21:58
Ya know, I wish I wasnt lazy...

Oh well.

<Beatlemania>
28th August 2007, 00:47
very nice! How do you record without a damn tag in the edge of your screen? I want to make a hidden movie also...
Linkplz.

Paegus
28th August 2007, 06:06
in fraps?

you need to buy it... http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/5084/eyebrow6cz.gif (http://www.imageshack.us)