PDA

View Full Version : Shove

VoiceOfDecember
2nd April 2007, 09:27
As we all know, Shove is in b5 but I have a suggestion for it. If your going to shove an IRIS, they are going to move in the direction you are looking so if you are looking forward and you start flying to the right, you'r going to do a 90degree turn to the left and fire right? And if there is a sound like there is for the PS, your going to hear 617 when he does send you flying, giving you a good chance to score hits. Hopefully this can help even it out (if it does need it. I don't know. Havent played b5 yet)

My suggestion is when 617 shoves you, you are hit with such force that your body gets all shook up. Your gun shakes around onscreen and you see the lazer (if you have the attachment on) 'sway' quickly and violently in the middle of your HUD thus your accuracy is decreased (because who is going to have perfect aim after being hit by a train?) and just like in real life when you get pushed in the back hard enough your head flings back. Could there be like a bink put in there beacuse from what I have read, shove is pretty powerful. If the dev team wishes to implement a small ammount of damage then they can blame it on whiplash.

Paegus
2nd April 2007, 10:18
currently it's just a momentum boost in a given direction. if you get punted from the left you fly right. there is no reorientation and no disorientation beyond the fact that you may be flying through the air to your doom.

there isn't even any impact damage beyond the possibility of falling far enough for normal fall damage which is a bit off imo. the impact effects you describe wouldn't be half bad though a simple blur effect 'would do'. :)

2 things i'd like to see though are
-removal of air-acceleration for punted iris until they land because just as you can stall a pounce by hitting your back key, you can stall a punt by doing the same.
-punt carried objects. right now you just drop them which is fine but the punt/pigstick mechanic doesn't play through other than to give the object a client-side struck decal. i'm fine with dropping it because you need to prime the hit but if the object is still in the hit cone when it fires it should thrown.

Euphoria
2nd April 2007, 11:31
Out of curiosity....

Does crouching and looking as high as possible on the iris give the iris a different 'arc' than standing up and pointing to their middle?

Is it possible to punt someone upwards if you're beneath them?

What happens if you punt someone and there's a wall or a floor on the otherside?

Is it possible to punt someone in midair?

Does gaining a lot of momentum (like after pouncing and falling or turning) give the punt any extra force?

Will I have to wait til beta 5 to find out the answers to these questions?

Daedalus
2nd April 2007, 11:53
Out of curiosity....

Does crouching and looking as high as possible on the iris give the iris a different 'arc' than standing up and pointing to their middle?

Is it possible to punt someone upwards if you're beneath them?

What happens if you punt someone and there's a wall or a floor on the otherside?

Is it possible to punt someone in midair?

Does gaining a lot of momentum (like after pouncing and falling or turning) give the punt any extra force?

Will I have to wait til beta 5 to find out the answers to these questions?

Uh let's see. Yes yes yes no.

Paegus
2nd April 2007, 11:54
code wise, punt is just pigstick sans damage with a different animation... you can draw your own conclusions.

e: or could have.

Euphoria
2nd April 2007, 13:12
code wise, punt is just pigstick sans damage with a different animation... you can draw your own conclusions.

e: or could have.

I've never tried pigsticking an object nor have I seen it done, mainly because I avoid PS=On servers.

-SM-SUCKER
2nd April 2007, 15:17
@ Euphoria: punting is similar to the gravity gun. With less force of course. Hope you have seen it.

Daedalus
2nd April 2007, 15:25
@ Euphoria: punting is similar to the gravity gun. With less force of course. Hope you have seen it.

I dunno, I kinda like the way I can fling dumpsters around. Though it's getting nerfed. :(

Euphoria
3rd April 2007, 11:12

Cheers, very helpful :).